• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

woregul from another thread asked me where Eastman and Laird signed my TMNT #1 and to put pics.

They signed on the inside front cover as they did back in the 80s. I've had the book since 1987. I actually got dinged on the grading because of the indentation it made on the cover. Ended up with a 9.0.

Here's the pic (if I can attach properly)

nice!

So without Heritage's BP the 9.6 book sold for a little over $9k?

$9500, but it's irrelevant since the BP is factored in by the buyer. I'd say a 9.6 is officially a $11k+ book. :golfclap:

Yes the final actual and real cost (and as reported to GPA) includes the juice- $11.3k+.

-J.

Hi Guys:

the 9.6 was my book and to give it some perspective: it is a top 1% book and it is the only one that has been graded and slabbed with a signature and sketch on the inside cover. so, a bit of a Unicorn book at the 9.6 level. However, not everyone digs into the finer details and i think it will push the 9.6's up which is great news for everyone. My wife and i were hoping to sell high and we were rewarded with great success. Thanks to any board members that put in bids! It is greatly appreciated! here's some history on the book. it started as a 9.4. cgc qualified it was sent off 2 months ago to cbcs for signature verification and pressing and slabbing. it came back as a 9.6 and resubmitted to cgc for a new grade and came back as a 9.6 blue label.

TMNT%201%209.4Q_zpsq0ll0rgz.jpg

tmnt%201%20front%20copy_zpsp1to1dql.jpg

tmnt%201%20back%20copy_zpszf57obh4.jpg

tmnt%201%20inside%20fc%20copy_zpsnthtkmw7.jpg

Interesting history on the book and congratulations on the result. :applause:

As I said in another thread , there are likely as many people who might bid a bit more for the book because of the unverfied sigs and sketch as there are who opted not to bid because of them. So that was probably a wash.

Incidentally , a non-signed/sketch 9.6 copy shows as being sold on another venue (comiclink) recently for $15k.

-J.

it is the only one that has been graded and slabbed with a signature and sketch on the inside cover.

How do you know this?

As I said in another thread , there are likely as many people who might bid a bit more for the book because of the unverfied sigs and sketch as there are who opted not to bid because of them. So that was probably a wash.

Incidentally , a non-signed/sketch 9.6 copy shows as being sold on another venue (comiclink) recently for $15k.

-J.

BTW, the $27K 9.8 finally hit GPA. (thumbs u

Hi Guys:

the 9.6 was my book and to give it some perspective: it is a top 1% book and it is the only one that has been graded and slabbed with a signature and sketch on the inside cover. so, a bit of a Unicorn book at the 9.6 level. However, not everyone digs into the finer details and i think it will push the 9.6's up which is great news for everyone. My wife and i were hoping to sell high and we were rewarded with great success. Thanks to any board members that put in bids! It is greatly appreciated! here's some history on the book. it started as a 9.4. cgc qualified it was sent off 2 months ago to cbcs for signature verification and pressing and slabbing. it came back as a 9.6 and resubmitted to cgc for a new grade and came back as a 9.6 blue label.

TMNT%201%209.4Q_zpsq0ll0rgz.jpg

tmnt%201%20front%20copy_zpsp1to1dql.jpg

tmnt%201%20back%20copy_zpszf57obh4.jpg

tmnt%201%20inside%20fc%20copy_zpsnthtkmw7.jpg

Big congrats on your sale. Gotta say, count me in the camp that finds these sorts of manipulations a bit off-putting. To be sure you didn't do anything wrong, I know its common practice. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth is all seeing all the hoops to shape this final grade...

it was graded before the standard change. i've just never had it re-slabbed. when i sent everything to Heritage they suggested the changes in order to maximize its potential. it cost about 100-150 to send in and about 2 months to have it ready for sale. we are happy with the results of course...but, can see how it can discourage someone with all the hoop hopping. i can honestly say it was all out of my hands after i sent my books up to heritage. they know their stuff and their market. they wouldn't have suggested changes if they didn't think it would add value to the product.

-J.

BTW, the $27K 9.8 finally hit GPA. (thumbs u

Hot Damn I saw that. Only took what 6 weeks. lol

Really wish that comiclink sale would get reported there too.

-J.

it is the only one that has been graded and slabbed with a signature and sketch on the inside cover.

How do you know this?

The legend of the unicorn is.....well........a legend.

I bought this book, a 9.6 white Signed & Sketched blue label in 09.

(I than traded my book two years ago towards my 9.8 white blue label -

signed by both, but no sketches)

I think there are at least three 9.6 blue label -

signed and sketched books floating around today.

A8C88652-4626-43DE-9596-45E41DA9EFAC.png_zpsku8takmb.jpeg

86C8D3D6-D7CC-4889-AE21-C19C9DCF9DB4.png_zpsi3mufig3.jpeg

Edited by icculus308win