• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,332 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2024 at 11:59 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'll have to settle for this reprint I got in the mail today while I wait for my Rich reprint...

IMG_1363.thumb.JPG.94517aa45beb4702b1b022452e704978.JPG

lol - really excited to add this to the collection!!

:x

On 5/3/2024 at 9:59 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'll have to settle for this reprint I got in the mail today while I wait for my Rich reprint...

IMG_1363.thumb.JPG.94517aa45beb4702b1b022452e704978.JPG

lol - really excited to add this to the collection!!

Nice grab.  I've been bidding on 3rd prints recently but haven't won one yet at a price I'm comfortable with.

Really I think I'd be better putting the money I'd spend on one of these 40th Anv reprints towards a 1985 3rd print.

On 5/3/2024 at 1:45 PM, GDN said:

Nice grab.  I've been bidding on 3rd prints recently but haven't won one yet at a price I'm comfortable with.

Really I think I'd be better putting the money I'd spend on one of these 40th Anv reprints towards a 1985 3rd print.

Thanks, I got lucky with it here on the boards. It sat for a bit too, I was sure I had blown my chance (was moving some funds around and waiting on some sales proceeds).

My thinking is like yours but in reverse - I thought, I just laid down a decent (for me) chunk of change on this 3rd print, should I really be spending another almost $150 on another reprint? But I think these 40th anniversary reprints - at least the one from Rich for my taste - are cool on a lot of levels, and it's apparent that a lot of work went into making them happen. So I couldn't pass on it.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 5/3/2024 at 12:06 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Thanks, I got lucky with it here on the boards. It sat for a bit too, I was sure I had blown my chance (was moving some funds around and waiting on some sales proceeds).

My thinking is like yours but in reverse - I thought, I just laid down a decent (for me) chunk of change on this 3rd print, should I really be spending another almost $150 on another reprint? But I think these 40th anniversary reprints - at least the one from Rich for my taste - are cool on a lot of levels, and it's apparent that a lot of work went into making them happen. So I couldn't pass on it.

Exactly. At the end of the day there are a bunch of reprints. All with their own unique touch. But this last one, as of now appears to be the one true reproduction of the original. Pretty cool story behind it if you ask me. 

On 5/4/2024 at 10:23 AM, rich_TMNT said:

Here it is everyone! With all the travel out east to PMC40 and travel back it's taken a while to ensure I'll have everything in order to make copies available online. Have a great week!

https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/product/tmnt-vol-i-01-1st-printing-40th-anniversary-reproduction-tmnt-a-collection/

TMNT 01_1st printing_ON-SALE_full.jpg

You the man! and its even $25 cheaper than the last post. I guess good things do come to those who wait lol 

Edited by eastbayrudy

On 5/4/2024 at 10:23 AM, rich_TMNT said:

Here it is everyone! With all the travel out east to PMC40 and travel back it's taken a while to ensure I'll have everything in order to make copies available online. Have a great week!

https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/product/tmnt-vol-i-01-1st-printing-40th-anniversary-reproduction-tmnt-a-collection/

TMNT 01_1st printing_ON-SALE_full.jpg

Awesome.  Hope I'm lucky enough to grab one next weekend.