Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
33 33

6,041 posts in this topic

987 posts

Such a classic splash!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,105 posts

Early turtles, and a splash, but five guys hugging for 15k... pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
987 posts

Well, I didn't pick up that issue 7 splash, but I did get a couple Return to New York pieces recently, and posted one of them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,951 posts
1 hour ago, nriccijr said:

Turtlemania taken off eBay

How do people do this without repercussions? What’s to stop someone from habitually listing no reserve auctions and killing them if they don’t like how it’s going? I don’t get it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791 posts
16 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

How do people do this without repercussions? What’s to stop someone from habitually listing no reserve auctions and killing them if they don’t like how it’s going? I don’t get it...

How could they not like how that was going....$40k+!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,951 posts
28 minutes ago, So-CoAddict said:

Aaaand its back, starting at $13,500. :o

Saw that. Guy better tread lightly...been seeing consistent patterns of people who hold the golds toying with buyers. There was one nearly a year ago listed and delisted too, can’t remember if it’s the same one. If I was a bidder, and I’m not, I’d be tempted to say F it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,029 posts

Wow, that's incredible, congrats on that one! I like how you've matted out the signatures in the bottom margin so there are no distractions from the art itself. Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,109 posts
14 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Wow, that's incredible, congrats on that one! I like how you've matted out the signatures in the bottom margin so there are no distractions from the art itself. Awesome!

Getting the Eastman signature wouldn't have been my choice, but I'm thankful that it was in the margin and therefore easily matted out. 

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm very excited about this one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
369 posts
On 11/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, Turtle said:

Getting the Eastman signature wouldn't have been my choice, but I'm thankful that it was in the margin and therefore easily matted out. 

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm very excited about this one!

Wow!  A bit ashamed to admit I didn't realize that piece was a Kirby original when I saw it in Turtle Soup...or I did and just forgot that detail.  But I think the Eastman sig is great...good placement and actually brings the piece full-circle...Kirby-->Eastman-->Kirby.  Beautiful man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
987 posts

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
558 posts
On 11/5/2019 at 12:39 PM, Callaway29 said:

Saw that. Guy better tread lightly...been seeing consistent patterns of people who hold the golds toying with buyers. There was one nearly a year ago listed and delisted too, can’t remember if it’s the same one. If I was a bidder, and I’m not, I’d be tempted to say F it.

Now it's 30K with 2 days left. Wonder if he'll pull it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,060 posts
On 11/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, Turtle said:

Getting the Eastman signature wouldn't have been my choice, but I'm thankful that it was in the margin and therefore easily matted out. 

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm very excited about this one!

It’s so awesome and so perfectly unique in so many ways! Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
33 33