Misc Forum Alert!
4 4

241 posts in this topic

3,219 posts

Hi Folks, 

Beginning Wednesday evening, around 7PM Central time I will begin listing my entire Planet Comics run. Almost every issue of the series (save 10 or so) will be up for sale, most in mid-to-high grade. They will be listed with the last few issues that Wed night, and then started properly on Thursday night at 7pm with about 30 issues, followed by the last half on Friday night at 7pm concluding - of course - with #1...  

 

Here are a few sneak peaks: (Please, no PM's for deals before the sale starts) 

 

th_072%201_zpsxcu0u090.jpgth_045%204_zpsvfo50tmy.jpgth_037a%201_zps0fyz7xb2.jpgth_028%20%201_zpsbidmousq.jpgth_029a%201_zpsk2jgjs8g.jpgth_019%201_zpsbigzpp8g.jpgth_018%201_zpsrhdmzmu0.jpgth_009%201a_zpsuzl9cgmx.jpgth_008a%201_zpshsmfxtex.jpgth_002%201_zpsrbf13ulc.jpg

 

 

 

 

Edited by Soft-Serve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts

Any appetite for Dell westerns around here? (Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Trigger, Champion, Jace Pearson, Red Ryder, Wyatt Earp, Wild Bill Elliott, Rin Tin Tin) (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37,441 posts
11 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Any appetite for Dell westerns around here? (Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Trigger, Champion, Jace Pearson, Red Ryder, Wyatt Earp, Wild Bill Elliott, Rin Tin Tin) (shrug)

I'm guessing not, but I would go ahead and post them - ft88 had a sell through on Classics Illustrated only thread, and I sold some Dell Tarzans at the VCC, so you never know what might sell. here at a given time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I'm guessing not, but I would go ahead and post them - ft88 had a sell through on Classics Illustrated only thread, and I sold some Dell Tarzans at the VCC, so you never know what might sell. here at a given time

Endorsed by Liz n' Grebal! Enough for any man! Soon enough, you shall have it! (Just gotta close out the Coverless extravaganza and shoot the dadgummed thangs) ... Of course, you guys could just be looking for a thread to krap...which I appreciate....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,007 posts
2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Endorsed by Liz n' Grebal! Enough for any man! Soon enough, you shall have it! (Just gotta close out the Coverless extravaganza and shoot the dadgummed thangs) ... Of course, you guys could just be looking for a thread to krap...which I appreciate....

I thought the Classics Ill would sit, couldn't have been more wrong, the right buyer came along. And I think War books or things like Tarzans Gold Key are probably even less in demand than Western.  But certainly don't go by me (I have just a handful of Kid Colt).  Once you get over the whole ego/waste of time thing & that no one showed up at your party, it's a breeze (took me my first few crickets threads, and I still hesitate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
11 minutes ago, grebal said:

I thought the Classics Ill would sit, couldn't have been more wrong, the right buyer came along. And I think War books or things like Tarzans Gold Key are probably even less in demand than Western.  But certainly don't go by me (I have just a handful of Kid Colt).  Once you get over the whole ego/waste of time thing & that no one showed up at your party, it's a breeze (took me my first few crickets threads, and I still hesitate).

Thx! I'm good with all that...I just don't want anyone to feel like I'm chewing up precious front-page real estate....When I picked the books up and pulled them from old bags, I was surprised they were nice as they are -- though not super high grade. What the heck! Might meet someone's collecting needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37,441 posts
2 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thx! I'm good with all that...I just don't want anyone to feel like I'm chewing up precious front-page real estate....

F those guys - plenty of dipsticks and BSDs cluttering up front-page with overgraded carp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

F those guys - plenty of dipsticks and BSDs cluttering up front-page with overgraded carp.

So you're saying I should overgrade them before I post this carp? :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37,441 posts
2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

So you're saying I should overgrade them before I post this carp? :roflmao:

Be true to yourself, whatever that may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Be true to yourself, whatever that may be.

I was kidding around, Liz. :kidaround:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
On December 7, 2017 at 8:38 PM, grebal said:

I thought the Classics Ill would sit, couldn't have been more wrong, the right buyer came along. And I think War books or things like Tarzans Gold Key are probably even less in demand than Western.  But certainly don't go by me (I have just a handful of Kid Colt).  Once you get over the whole ego/waste of time thing & that no one showed up at your party, it's a breeze (took me my first few crickets threads, and I still hesitate).

Okay, I just shot 'em! I'll go live shortly, in a thread I can only call...what else? .... Midnight Cowboys! :tonofbricks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts

Starting one in Copper/Modern tonight, if anyone over here is interested. Avatar Press variant covers, ASM 361, X-Factor 5&6, Darkhawk, Lady Deathstrike, last US1, Fanatco Chronicles, 1st Rogue, Batman 457 000 error, Gwenpool, 22 Brides, a little bit of everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
20 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Starting one in Copper/Modern tonight, if anyone over here is interested. Avatar Press variant covers, ASM 361, X-Factor 5&6, Darkhawk, Lady Deathstrike, last US1, Fanatco Chronicles, 1st Rogue, Batman 457 000 error, Gwenpool, 22 Brides, a little bit of everything.

Apologies but I lost my night last night. Will shoot for tonight after 9 pm EST, probably closer to 10. Again, this will take more than 1 night, and I will start with the Avatars, as that is what is photographed. (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th including leathers and glows, Nightmare on Elm Street including glows). I have also added a Malibu Sun #13 to the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,237 posts
On December 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Readcomix said:

Starting one in Copper/Modern tonight, if anyone over here is interested. Avatar Press variant covers, ASM 361, X-Factor 5&6, Darkhawk, Lady Deathstrike, last US1, Fanatco Chronicles, 1st Rogue, Batman 457 000 error, Gwenpool, 22 Brides, a little bit of everything.

It's all posted -- with prices slashed -- over in Copper/Modern. All Avatar books gone, as are X-Factor 5&6, but lots of other goodies remain available at reduced prices ... ASM 361, Thor 337, Avengers annual 10, Malibu Sun 13, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,777 posts

All  right,   this  is  FAIR  WARNING!

Those  of  you  who  took  a  peek  at  my  last  short  thread,   pieces  and parts,   saw  that  what I  was  selling  was,  for  the most  part,
bad  drek.  A  bunch  of  it  sold  anyhow,  but  it has  now  been  packed  back  up  and  consigned  back to  the  Basement  Crypt  Of  Comics.

But  hope   flutters on  the  horizon. 

It's  time  for  The  Good  Drek!

Starting  Monday  evening,   January  29th,   apx  8:30 PM,  I'll  be chunking  my  way  through  about  175  individual  pieces  and  parts,  the good stuff.

THERE  WILL  BE   NOTHING  WHATSOEVER  THAT  IS  A  COMPLETE  COMIC  IN  THIS  THREAD!

 

But,  ohh,  the bits  and pieces!  Highlights  include  Mad 1,   several  All Stars,    early Zips,  an occasional Timely  or  Atlas,   nearly  thirty 
perfectly  gorgeous complete  cover  wraps for Jumbo  Comics,  early  Marvel,   you name it.  

I'm hoping  everybody  who is  trying  to  marry  up  THEIR  bits  and pieces will drop by  and  see  if  anything  appeals  to them.

Cover  wraps,    complete  coverless,    coverless  with   outer  wraps  or  other  pages missing  but  CF  intact,   and   incomplete   comics  with   covers intact. 

Hope to  see  all you  bottom  feeders  Monday  evening. 

Rick
catrick339

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,777 posts
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, catrick339 said:

All  right,   this  is  FAIR  WARNING!

Those  of  you  who  took  a  peek  at  my  last  short  thread,   pieces  and parts,   saw  that  what I  was  selling  was,  for  the most  part,
bad  drek.  A  bunch  of  it  sold  anyhow,  but  it has  now  been  packed  back  up  and  consigned  back to  the  Basement  Crypt  Of  Comics.

But  hope   flutters on  the  horizon. 

It's  time  for  The  Good  Drek!

Starting  Monday  evening,   January  29th,   apx  8:30 PM,  I'll  be chunking  my  way  through  about  175  individual  pieces  and  parts,  the good stuff.

THERE  WILL  BE   NOTHING  WHATSOEVER  THAT  IS  A  COMPLETE  COMIC  IN  THIS  THREAD!

 

But,  ohh,  the bits  and pieces!  Highlights  include  Mad 1,   several  All Stars,    early Zips,  an occasional Timely  or  Atlas,   nearly  thirty 
perfectly  gorgeous complete  cover  wraps for Jumbo  Comics,  early  Marvel,   you name it.  

I'm hoping  everybody  who is  trying  to  marry  up  THEIR  bits  and pieces will drop by  and  see  if  anything  appeals  to them.

Cover  wraps,    complete  coverless,    coverless  with   outer  wraps  or  other  pages missing  but  CF  intact,   and   incomplete   comics  with   covers intact. 

Hope to  see  all you  bottom  feeders  Monday  evening. 

Rick
catrick339

Howdy  Gang,    T minus  eight  hours  and  counting.   Start  limbering  up  your   "refresh"  fingers,   :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,777 posts

RIGHTY HO!

There  was  one  really  good  piece  of    Incomplete  Drek    that  I  didn't  sell  in  the  PIECES  AND  PARTS  PANDEMONIUM   thread.   I  debated
with  myself  too  long,   and  decided  to   hold  off  and  sell  it  separately.  

Starting  tonight,    Wednesday 2-7-18,   I'm  going  to  sell  a  copy  of  Amazing  Spider-Man 1 with  an  ad  page  gone,   and many  panels  
clipped  out.  

I've  been  requested  to  sell  it  auction  style,   and  that's  fine  by  me,   so  I'm  going  to  run it  as  a  24 hour  auction.

Look  for  the  initial   post  at  9 PM EST   tonight,  running  24 hours  until   9 PM  EST  Thursday  night,  2-8-18.

Here's  page 1  to  whet  your  appetite.  

 

qKaAh0L.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,973 posts

I have some Silver and Bronze Incredible Hulk and TTA issues in a Hulk-dedicated thread in the Miscellaneous Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4