• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Jumbo Comics #59, 1943! Mucho GGA, attractive copy, cheap, SOLD!

13 posts in this topic

For sale: Jumbo Comics #59, 1943. This book was in my VCC booth ages ago & I had decided to keep it, but I've since sold my other Jumbos and it's kind of a misfit in my collection, so offering it up one more time. Great Sheena cover, and the book is absolutely loaded with GGA inside (nearly every story!), including several GGA/bondage splash pages. A fun early-ish Fiction House.

Condition: Beautiful book, bold colors, glossy, has the feel of a sharp mid-grade. The spine is nicely rounded and book feels flat and tight. However, there are tears around the single staple (wartime book), and FC is separated from staple, but BC (and thus whole cover) is still well attached. There are tiny hits of unnecessary color touch on the staple tears, and a few dots in the LRC. Nice offwhite pages. With the staple wear and c/t, I'd call this an apparent 5.0, but it looks and feels much nicer than the average copy (or even than the average 5.0 for that matter!).

Guide price for a 5.0 is $90 according to my shiny new Overstreet. Asking $45 plus $5/ship, just a bit above the OS Good price (& quite a bit less what I paid). I do think you will be extremely pleased with the book for this price...but as always, easy returns if not. (thumbs u

Thanks!

Jon

jumbo59.jpg

jumbo59back.jpg

jumbo59pg1.jpg

jumbo59pg2.jpg

For sale: Jumbo Comics #59, 1943. This book was in my VCC booth ages ago & I had decided to keep it, but I've since sold my other Jumbos and it's kind of a misfit in my collection, so offering it up one more time. Great Sheena cover, and the book is absolutely loaded with GGA inside (nearly every story!), including several GGA/bondage splash pages. A fun early-ish Fiction House.

Condition: Beautiful book, bold colors, glossy, has the feel of a sharp mid-grade. The spine is nicely rounded and book feels flat and tight. However, there are tears around the single staple (wartime book), and FC is separated from staple, but BC (and thus whole cover) is still well attached. There are tiny hits of unnecessary color touch on the staple tears, and a few dots in the LRC. Nice offwhite pages. With the staple wear and c/t, I'd call this an apparent 5.0, but it looks and feels much nicer than the average copy (or even than the average 5.0 for that matter!).

Guide price for a 5.0 is $90 according to my shiny new Overstreet. Asking $45 plus $5/ship, just a bit above the OS Good price (& quite a bit less what I paid). I do think you will be extremely pleased with the book for this price...but as always, easy returns if not. (thumbs u

Thanks!

Jon

jumbo59.jpg

jumbo59back.jpg

jumbo59pg1.jpg

jumbo59pg2.jpg

:takeit: