• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raggedy Ann + Andy lot is SOLD

11 posts in this topic

Got a small set of early Raggedy Ann + Andy books up for sale. Mostly low grade, all books have Marjorie Hess' name on them (my records show that I bought them from Hess). Would prefer to sell these as a lot. Guide for the lot is about $140, asking $95 shipped. Feel free to send offers.

:news: Lot is SOLD!

4 coverless

RAA_4.jpg

5 coverless

RAA_5.jpg

6 GD- big tear bc, some water warping

RAA_6.jpg

7 GD- water staining

RAA_7.jpg

10 GD+ water staining

RAA_10.jpg

14 VGFN subscription crease, oxidation spot bc

RAA_14.jpg

15 GD water warping, half of interior pages missing lower left corner (~1", does not affect panels)

RAA_15.jpg

16 FN- subscription crease

RAA_16.jpg

17 VG- subscription crease

RAA_17.jpg

18 coverless

RAA_18.jpg

The Raggedy Ann museum is in Arcola, IL about 5 miles from where I work. The creator of Raggedy Ann & Andy, Johnny Gruelle, grew up in Arcola and his grandaughter runs the museum. They have a (complete?) set of the comics, they are in plastic top-loader sheets in a 3-ring binder. I always liked the covers, especially the ones with the wallpaper-like patterns in the background.

Sadly, the museum is closing down for good at the end of the summer. I wonder what they're going to do with all of the stuff in the museum? (And the comics?)

Anyway, that's a neat group you have there. I'm probably in the minority, but I like to see groups of old comics with the original owner's name written on them. It really adds a lot of history to the books in my opinion.

Actually, I found the name of ownership to be a charming feature for the set. I'm glad this set is staying intact. I missed out on other issues of the collection when I acquired these - perhaps someday they'll be reunited.

Actually, I found the name of ownership to be a charming feature for the set. I'm glad this set is staying intact. I missed out on other issues of the collection when I acquired these - perhaps someday they'll be reunited.

:bump:

I've found them :o

They are on eBay right here - Marjorie Hess Raggedy Ann & Andy on eBay

:bump:

I've found them :o

They are on eBay right here - Marjorie Hess Raggedy Ann & Andy on eBay

:o NOW they show up??? doh!

Nice find!