• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Offers Multiple Tiers On-Site At Wizard World Philadelphia!

153 posts in this topic

CGC Offers Multiple Tiers On-Site At Wizard World Philadelphia

CGC will be offering On-Site Grading at Wizard World Philadelphia from June 19th through the 21st. Come to the Pennsylvania Convention Center to take advantage of CGC's On-Site Grading with the option of multiple tiers! You can submit on-site using Modern, Economy, Standard, Express or WalkThru services. Prepare your On-Site grading submissions in advance and save valuable time! Prior to each show where CGC will be grading onsite, we will post our Online Show Submission Form on the Events Page. Just fill out the form, print it out and bring all copies to the convention with your books to save you time at the CGC booth (#514 & 516).

On-Site Tier Pricing for Wizard World Philadelphia 2009:

Modern (Comics 1980-present valued $200 or less) - $24

Economy (Comics valued $300 or less) - $45

Standard (Comics valued $1000 or less) - $75

Express (Comics valued $3000 or less) - $125

Walk-Thru (Comics any value) – Min $175 Max $1500 2.5% FMV

CGC will also be accepting submissions for all tiers of service to be shipped back to our facility in Sarasota for grading. These submissions should not be listed on the On-Site submission form. Stop by the CGC booth (#514 &516) to drop off your books or for details about Signature Series opportunities with the guests attending this show.

Featured comic guests include:

Garth Ennis (The Boys, Crossed, Back to Brooklyn)

JG Jones (Final Crisis)

Kevin Maguire (Batman: Confidential, Spider-Man: The Short Halloween)

Walt Simonson (Vigilante, World of Warcraft)

Phil Jimenez (Amazing Spider-Man)

Joe Kelly (Amazing Spider-Man, Four Eyes, Bad Dog)

Sean McKeever (Teen Titans, Terror Titans)

Dan Slott (Amazing Spider-Man, Mighty Avengers)

Billy Tan (New Avengers)

CGC will have numerous witnesses available for this event so come by the booth to make your Signature Series requests or you can make also arrangements in advance with a witness through our Signature Room located on our Chat Boards.

(I realize I might be a little late to the party & this might be up some where already, but (shrug) )

-paul

Wow, that really sends the price increase on late-Bronze books home like a gutshot from Mike Tyson. :sorry:

Wow, that really sends the price increase on late-Bronze books home like a gutshot from Mike Tyson. :sorry:

Agreed...I was saving some books for that, but no shot now. That is insane.

Agreed...I was saving some books for that, but no shot now. That is insane.

I know many people like submitting at shows because the turn around time is significantly less and their is no shipping involved, but looking at the prices does make me (at least) shake my head.

Do discounts apply for on-site grading? I honestly cannot remember.

Time costs money. I guess if people want their books graded a lot sooner they'll have to pay more.

(shrug)

I'd rather have my books on site graded than wait 2-6 weeks.

Time costs money. I guess if people want their books graded a lot sooner they'll have to pay more.

(shrug)

CGC will not be making much money from this.

Philly is a cheap city..I know.

I would have to agree those on-site prices are insulting and a joke.

No business from me.

$24 for onsite grading Moderns.

My god the grading costs will be worth more than the books. (shrug)

What would fast track on a modern be now? $25 plus the discount so $21.50 if factoring 10% off.

No business from me.

On-site is cheaper than sending the books in, factoring in the shipping, not even mentioning the time.

(shrug)

CGC will not be making much money from this.

Philly is a cheap city..I know.

Except that they will be getting lots of more expensive books to grade now which will help cover the cost of moderns lost.

Keep in mind that there is an expense for CGC to travel to a show and do onsite grading...you have hotel fees for the graders, lights, equipment (usually two slabbing machines), different size slabs for different tiers, rental of slabbing rooms at the con, travel for all the above etc.

Last year in Chicago (and I'm not sure how many of you know this) one of the slabbing or laminating machines broke and they had to drive up a second one from Florida mid way through the con.

It all costs money folks. Time = Money.

R.

It's not that, it's the fact that they've hammered home the fact that under the new pricing structure, you'll need to pay $45 to grade a NM X-Men 128, while only paying $24 for a NM copy of X-Men 129... You could almost grade both X-Men 129 and 130 for the same price as one X-Men 128.

I understand CGC wanted to get the other "key" issues like GS X-Men #1 and X-Men 94, etc. out of the Modern tier, but why not cut it off at 1976 or 1977? Why delete ALL the BA books, even the ultra-cheap ones than only true fans would grade from the lower-priced tier?

I understand. I guess it was a judgement call they had to make and the chips fall where they may.

No business from me.

On-site is cheaper than sending the books in, factoring in the shipping, not even mentioning the time.

:gossip: Not if you live in Florida

No business from me.

How is that?

The only item you will save on is time.

No business from me.

You're talking like this is somehow a new thing? (shrug)

I did about 20 on-site moderns at WW Chicago last year - as far as I remember, the price was $22-23/book, which, considering I didn't have to pay shipping to CGC, didn't have to wait 6 weeks for the books to be graded, and didn't have to pay the insane CGC return shipping cost, actually made it seem like a bargain.

I fail to see how these "on-site prices are insulting and a joke" when, like FD said, it's pretty much the same cost as sending books to CGC (and you don't have the wait-time).

No business from me.

How is that?

The only item you will save on is time.

Well it costs me somewhere about $40 to ship a box of books to me from CGC. Spread that out over a handful of books and it's not that much more than you think to onsite grade a book. Factor in how much faster you get the books and to me it's a no brainer.

Grade your doubles on site and now you have trade bait for your favorite dealers.

(thumbs u

I understand. I guess it was a judgement call they had to make and the chips fall where they may.

Agreed.

I think everyone knows it takes the extra expense money to do the grading on-site, but they hiked up the prices so much it not worth most collectors time unless you have a real money maker book.

I can wait, and I am the most impatient person I know.

So Good Luck to CGC on this one. (thumbs u

No business from me.

When I submit 200 moderns I come out under $20 each with all expenses included.