• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian Levine - A Great Comic Collection??

76 posts in this topic

A guy at work came over to me today and asked me if I'd heard of Ian Levine. I hadn't. Apparently he was a Northern Soul record producer who apparently owns one of the most extensive DC comic collections around.

I was quite skeptical so did a bit of Googling and a lot of hits were from CPG where he apparently is/was a member. I was just curious if anybody else had heard of him or knew of this collection. Am I just being dumb?

A guy at work came over to me today and asked me if I'd heard of Ian Levine. I hadn't. Apparently he was a Northern Soul record producer who apparently owns one of the most extensive DC comic collections around.

I was quite skeptical so did a bit of Googling and a lot of hits were from CPG where he apparently is/was a member. I was just curious if anybody else had heard of him or knew of this collection. Am I just being dumb?

:baiting: __>>>>>>>>>> SEARCH

Prepare to be hammered.

There is a thread somewhere......................

:makepoint:

His finishing his collection was one of the biggest things on the boards 3-4 years ago.

I quit the comic scene 11 years ago and have only been back on board for just under a year. It's all news to me. As it was a name I've never seen mentioned on here in the few months I've been here I had to ask.

It's always good to learn (thumbs u

There is a thread somewhere......................

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2637821&fpart=1

:makepoint:

His finishing his collection was one of the biggest things on the boards 3-4 years ago.

A lot of board members helped. Definitely a polarizing event.

Polarizing is being kind.

A classic melt down or two if memory serves.

BUT pics of really awesome HTF, much less see comics.

I didnt realise the comic collector and the producer were the same guy. I liked a lot of his stuff he did in the 80's (did a lot of gay disco) and remixed Its A Sin for the Pet Shop Boys.

Double respect to you now Ian.

If I'm not mistake Vinceint from metropolis had him on his comic link radio show you can download the program. He talked about why he put together a whole DC collection. IMHO no one else wanted that DREK :screwy:

:jokealert:

A guy at work came over to me today and asked me if I'd heard of Ian Levine.....who apparently owns one of the most extensive DC comic collections around.

Christine's is better. :devil: