• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

lol

Nothing like throwing yourself on the mercy of the court.

I don't think he had much of a choice. The facts are what they are. I respect people that fall on their sword as long as it is sincere and not used as justification for future actions. I would say a real explanation would be nice at least to the buyers...

I voted yes. I understand why this has come about and accept my punishment.

I apologize again to all who were affected by my late shipments. For the record, I'll be sending more out on Monday (tracking numbers will be sent) and then will see what few are left and get those out ASAP.

I also apologize for any ill will I've cultivated by my actions. I am currently in my 6th month of therapy/medication and am getting help.

Chip, you keep mentioning being on medication/going to therapy, but what have you learned from it? The meds/therapy didn't prevent you from flaking on your obligations. Heck, they didn't motivate you to make things right. Having multiple boardies point out that you failed to meet your obligations did that. So why keep bringing it up?

I apologize again to all who were affected by my late shipments. For the record, I'll be sending more out on Monday (tracking numbers will be sent) and then will see what few are left and get those out ASAP.

I also apologize for any ill will I've cultivated by my actions. I am currently in my 6th month of therapy/medication and am getting help.

Chip, you keep mentioning being on medication/going to therapy, but what have you learned from it? The meds/therapy didn't prevent you from flaking on your obligations. Heck, they didn't motivate you to make things right. Having multiple boardies point out that you failed to meet your obligations did that. So why keep bringing it up?

...jaybuck43, you're my buddy and always will be...... but unless you are mentally ill yourself, you will likely not understand. My Mother was mentally ill, and I watched the metamorphosis and the downward spiral more times than I care to remember. I lived with it all her life(...she died at 58....) and I never understood..... it's madness, it doesn't fall into your parameters. That still doesn't make the behavior OK....and even Chip agrees that's to the HOS he goes.....as a warning. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... Chip.... stick with your regimen, people do turn the corner sometimes....

At this point I would be happy if he just admitted that he only made things right the last few days after the PL/HOS conversation came up. Im still bothered that he expects us to believe it was pure coincidence in the timing and the two acts were unrelated.

...jaybuck43, you're my buddy and always will be...... but unless you are mentally ill yourself, you will likely not understand. My Mother was mentally ill, and I watched the metamorphosis and the downward spiral more times than I care to remember. I lived with it all her life(...she died at 58....) and I never understood..... it's madness, it doesn't fall into your parameters. That still doesn't make the behavior OK....and even Chip agrees that's to the HOS he goes.....as a warning. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... Chip.... stick with your regimen, people do turn the corner sometimes....

Jimbo, I appreciate the love :) You're my buddy as well and always will be. I know exactly what it's like (and I am so so sorry to hear that you had to go through that with your mother, that she had to go through that, and also to lose her at such a young age :( ) I know exactly how it feels to not be able to physically get out of bed, because it feels like the weight of a thousand suns is pushing down on your shoulders, where each step on the floor feels like every ounce of energy is being sucked out of my body, that it's a nightmare to try to just get the strength together to get to the bathroom. What I don't remember is having trouble communicating in select situations. I'm guessing that many of the buyers would have been ok with long delays if Chip had communicated and said "Hey XXXX, really sorry but I've been having a bad week, still trying to even things out and haven't been able to handle getting your materials boxed up and shipped. I'm really sorry, hopefully next week will be better and I will be able to get it out" and continued to stay in touch then it would have been understandable. What's not understandable is a complete lack of communication on the boards, but able to chat on Facebook. If I don't have the energy to talk to people, I don't have the energy to go on Facebook, it's not contained to just the boards. Like Hoakie said, it's a very weird coincidence that as soon as people started talking about this, he suddenly had the ability to get everything together and out.

I been there (depression) and its part of the package not to care about things . Facebook is part of the depresion so i am not surprised if the nominee was in FB running away of responsabilities I made a lot of mistakes in my life and people gave me a lot of second chances. If the nominee is taking care of his problem and is solving the problem I voted No

I guess because he says he is changing after 22+ years of scamming people affords him the benefit of the doubt?

Heck, even after 6 months of therapy and medication, he was still being disingenuous up until yesterday.

But "no". Good for you. :foryou:

I been there (depression) and its part of the package not to care about things . Facebook is part of the depresion so i am not surprised if the nominee was in FB running away of responsabilities I made a lot of mistakes in my life and people gave me a lot of second chances. If the nominee is taking care of his problem and is solving the problem I voted No

Right. "IF"

What about his decades long pattern of behavior tells you that you can trust a single word he's written?

At a certain point, people who've suffered true setbacks, difficulties and impairments in their life should feel insulted by this, not empathic.

lol

Nothing like throwing yourself on the mercy of the court.

I don't think he had much of a choice. The facts are what they are. I respect people that fall on their sword as long as it is sincere and not used as justification for future actions. I would say a real explanation would be nice at least to the buyers...

Pfft. There is no honor here. He is what he is. He knows it. Up to him to do something about it.

I find him stating he voted "yes" completely hilarious. Of course there is no reasonable choice for someone who has enough intelligence to scam people like he has.