• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, littlebull said:

Used to always dream about finding a Hulk 181 at a garage sale.

If you're gonna dream, dream big. I still dream of finding a Detective #27 at a garage sale. I don't find anything at them any more. I have found several Hulk 181's at flea markets and antique stores over the years. As well as stuff like Spiderman 300, New Mutants #98 and Batman Adventures #12 ect. All very available books. Now finding nice GA at these places are few and far between. 

Been a while since circumstances allowed me to pursue my collecting habit, but things have changed for the better so I can go out and about again - found this pile at a house sale!

$700 - all DC from 1970's - 1990's

Expecting a heap of drek - will update in due course. Genuinely have no idea - a hit and run job, as others were closing in. All comics bagged, said the seller. Lots of good stuff, said the seller. Another bloke coming in a few minutes, said the seller. Sold, said I.

:wishluck:

Whats in the boxes..... (and what the hell just happened to my camera??)DSCF0015.thumb.JPG.991fcc53571d496d7ed7239e42a2567a.JPG

17 minutes ago, Beige said:

Been a while since circumstances allowed me to pursue my collecting habit, but things have changed for the better so I can go out and about again - found this pile at a house sale!

Expecting a heap of drek - will update in due course. Genuinely have no idea - a hit and run job, as others were closing in. All comics bagged, said the seller. Lots of good stuff, said the seller. Another bloke coming in a few minutes, said the seller. Sold, said I.

Whats in the boxes..... (and what the hell just happened to my camera??)DSCF0015.thumb.JPG.991fcc53571d496d7ed7239e42a2567a.JPG

Good to see you mate!Keep us updated,and I owe you a pm! 

6 hours ago, Beige said:

Whats in the boxes..... (and what the hell just happened to my camera??)

Didn't open anything?  I'm expecting the usual copper Bat books to be there... Vengeance of Bane, Killing Joke, Year One, Death in the Family....

10 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Didn't open anything?  I'm expecting the usual copper Bat books to be there... Vengeance of Bane, Killing Joke, Year One, Death in the Family....

Agreed, how do you not look through at least 1-2 boxes since you had a couple minutes.  lol 

No, had a brief look at a couple of boxes - I can be very stupid - but not that much!

I had about 2 minutes to make my mind up - guy seemed genuine, was at his house and paid via paypal so all good.

Having looked at about 50% now - 'fine collector' is just about spot on!

There was the odd interesting issue or two though.....

Nothing too exciting, but will post after I have a very quick skim through the rest :foryou:

3 hours ago, Beige said:

So a bit of this, and a bit of that really.

Long runs of Supes, Flash, GL, GA, JLA etc etc - all sequential and a solid 8.5 - 9.0 average. Someone will take them off my hands,I'm sure.

One box had a TTA #14 and a heap of Gold Key in, so that was Ok.

The usual mini-series - Amethyst,Sun-Devil, Ultra-Realm etc etc - all complete.

The better series were there:

V (Visitors)

V for Vendetta

Watchmen etc

A nice quantity of 12c DC's inc a lovely lot of Metal Men, Super-Boy and Hawkman.

Typical Teen-Titans runs inc all 4 Judas Contract - I only had a short look, so I'm sure #2 is there somewhere, likewise Firestorm #1.

Shazzaam, inc #1 and #30

A few more couldn't be arsed to pull out - year 1,etc

Some Treasuries, and 3 really nice portfollio's inc Watchmen, Superman and Batman - about 60 prints in all.

Plus these in picture, so quite happy overall.

I'll send a couple for slabbing.

Worked out to be about 3500 comics in total

1865490173_DSCF0001(1).thumb.JPG.d68f460c7836ecfd465cf4a13fa8b97e.JPG

Nice haul. I would be especially happy with that since I’m looking for a personal copy of Hawkman 4 and Batman 227. 

I recently paid $500 for 1500 books and here are the highlights. Not as good as yours but I too am happy. 

6091EA0D-E17E-48B4-B9B2-3B8B1172EC8B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Beige said:

So a bit of this, and a bit of that really.

Long runs of Supes, Flash, GL, GA, JLA etc etc - all sequential and a solid 8.5 - 9.0 average. Someone will take them off my hands,I'm sure.

One box had a TTA #14 and a heap of Gold Key in, so that was Ok.

The usual mini-series - Amethyst,Sun-Devil, Ultra-Realm etc etc - all complete.

The better series were there:

V (Visitors)

V for Vendetta

Watchmen etc

A nice quantity of 12c DC's inc a lovely lot of Metal Men, Super-Boy and Hawkman.

Typical Teen-Titans runs inc all 4 Judas Contract - I only had a short look, so I'm sure #2 is there somewhere, likewise Firestorm #1.

Shazzaam, inc #1 and #30

A few more couldn't be arsed to pull out - year 1,etc

Some Treasuries, and 3 really nice portfollio's inc Watchmen, Superman and Batman - about 60 prints in all.

Plus these in picture, so quite happy overall.

I'll send a couple for slabbing.

Worked out to be about 3500 comics in total

1865490173_DSCF0001(1).thumb.JPG.d68f460c7836ecfd465cf4a13fa8b97e.JPG

That's a great haul!  I wasn't expecting any bronze/silver.  At a bulk rate of 20-25 cent range (3500 comics) you would get the usual suspects (killing joke, death of family, watchmen, etc.) almost by default with that amount of volume. 

So I recently bought a collection, off the CL (and lived to tell).  Nice gent who was getting rid of stuff because 'Dave Ramsey told him to'.  hm  There were 398 comics that I picked up for $380.   Bronze and Copper with some Silver.    The photos are pretty much what I am keeping, everything else I have either sold or in the process of selling.  I have so far sold $237 worth of stuff, with 250 comics left over (including what I am keeping).  So I am currently at a per comic price of about .57 each (down from initial per comic price of .96 when I purchased).  I have been selling through the bay, garage sales, etc., I may do a small show soon.    I am asking $1-$2 each for what is left. which includes a large COPPER run of Thor, including 1st Beta Ray Bill (some spine crimps, probably going to ask $5 for that one, and first Malekith same, about $5), and an Iron Fist #1 Bronze, probably going to ask $40 for that, in FN+ condition (I already own a copy).  My goal is to get it down to ZERO, and so everything on top will be profit + what I am keeping.  It is taking a lot of work, but has been a good experiment for me, as this is my first foray into trying this, a learning experience if you will.   

Not sure if I like putting on this 'dealer hat' yet.     

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker1.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker3.jpg

10 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

this was my haul from a Northern California trip earlier this year. Where I visited several places flea markets/antique stores/ and a tradefest event. All those except the tos39 are from the trip

newhaul19.JPG

Great covers!  I have one of those strange mysteries at home. 

On 7/22/2018 at 6:51 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

this was my haul from a Northern California trip earlier this year. Where I visited several places flea markets/antique stores/ and a tradefest event. All those except the tos39 are from the trip

newhaul19.JPG

Nice haul Pablo! You are one of the most hard working comic book buyers around. Tell me that All Star #3 is the real deal and not a reprint...  Have you Instragram sold all of those yet? I see possibly one or two of those that might be of interest...

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice haul Pablo! You are one of the most hard working comic book buyers around. Tell me that All Star #3 is the real deal and not a reprint...  Have you Instragram sold all of those yet? I see possibly one or two of those that might be of interest...

well Yes the all star a reprint of course. Some of them books I still have but most were sold on my instagram page. I am in Oregon now Bob!. Some more huntin'

31 minutes ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Well I am in Bend, Oregon in position. Let the hunt begin Bob ?? @Robot Man punisher says hi

D4343B0C-CFE0-40DF-90A1-44B6D28CE986.jpeg

I have to say, you found a Blockbuster Video? Oh and CONGRATS on the book!! @Dreamtoreal1

That's priceless!

Don't leave home without it!

What's in your wallet!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
CONGRATS