• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

all over the place - lots of different items - my $1 and $2 books are going to be crazy for the show - lots of bronze and copper - - some neat stuff too ----

th_211C071E-696C-41AF-B4D8-65D02FFF4005.jpg

th_C329AE74-D3F4-40CE-A604-859B36C406E1.jpg

Are you setting up on Friday or not until Saturday?

I am one of the ones set up for Friday night....... which is why I am going nuts sorting and pricing....... anything you see here - is obviously going in ( I am pricing as I go) - make sure to introduce yourself - boardies will get a discount....... (Funky Catz Comics) ---- just ask for dave (or the owner) -

This might be a first for me but can we get bigger pics

I'll stop on Saturday

lol - you might recognize the BATB I will have on display --- with the "I am really not trying to sell this" price........

not loads of big stuff yet in the collection .. but the books are in good shape and lots of $2 and $5 ones -

pics - photobucket was being difficult earlier - some images might be rotated ( the smaller ones are thumbnails you can click

211C071E-696C-41AF-B4D8-65D02FFF4005.jpg

C329AE74-D3F4-40CE-A604-859B36C406E1.jpg

6F11BAA6-8BDF-497F-8F05-8E19848AD046.jpg

3B9A0693-92BA-4F52-A10D-1464A649112E.jpg

Estate sale. Rather than going home with nothing I grabbed these for 2 bucks each. Nice condition copies.

CqVAsAJXgAAzC8b.jpg

CqU85Z0WIBU0LKR.jpgCqU85XDWcAEJ13h.jpg

I have four more issues but nothing special. They had a lot of nice issues, very clean copies of 251, Jason Todd/Killer Croc issue, etc but noob that I am I left my price info at work when I left quickly to rush to the estate sale. So I also overspent ($25) on a very nice copy of Sandman 4.

Estate sale. Rather than going home with nothing I grabbed these for 2 bucks each. Nice condition copies.

CqVAsAJXgAAzC8b.jpg

CqU85Z0WIBU0LKR.jpgCqU85XDWcAEJ13h.jpg

I have four more issues but nothing special. They had a lot of nice issues, very clean copies of 251, Jason Todd/Killer Croc issue, etc but noob that I am I left my price info at work when I left quickly to rush to the estate sale. So I also overspent ($25) on a very nice copy of Sandman 4.

Batman Bronze covers! :cloud9:

I spent my morning hitting up garage sales with my son and my folks. It was a lot of fun. I scored a whole lot of video games, but not a single comic book. The only comic-related thing I took home was this Harley Quinn Barbie Doll.

dfb6f0e8-f6ba-4567-9a6d-870dc6f37278_zpsk3xkjyqy.jpg

exactly what you need with a show less than a week away -

more books to process.....

7D4D4EB2-20B9-468D-AC18-79F7B35F8AC9.jpg

about 9 longboxes total... and i need to at least run through them quick tonight - seller has more (including a NM98) - that I am going to see about tomorrow.....

more pics coming......

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a good haul - hope there are enough gems in there to make it worth your while!

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find the seller, and what kind of offer does somebody make on over 1000 comics?

cool finds guys!!!

made 2nd trip over today - 12 more longboxes - probably have 1/2 the collection in hand now

the digging continues - the collection is crazy big - somewhat disorganized - but enough sorting in it so I can bulk price a lot. Condition is great for the most pat.. most are decent $1 and $2 books - with some neat finds -

8d0c9da1-320d-40fd-b074-c474f08f796b.jpg

Note the rarest of the Whitmat books - but still alright. Given that I have probably 17 more boxes to go - finding a few already is a good sign.....

165A73C0-3C9C-4E71-8CEF-C740B41A901E.jpg

a ton of sandman ( none of the early books though)...

7D766F38-C445-48DB-8F62-19A40E418C37.jpg

the civil war ones are not big value ---- but are still cool.....

exactly what you need with a show less than a week away -

more books to process.....

about 9 longboxes total... and i need to at least run through them quick tonight - seller has more (including a NM98) - that I am going to see about tomorrow.....

more pics coming......

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a good haul - hope there are enough gems in there to make it worth your while!

If you don't mind me asking - how did you find the seller, and what kind of offer does somebody make on over 1000 comics?

Once I have all the books in hand ( lol and in the end this is going to be WAY too many comics - like 10K).... I will give more details. We have the handshake agreement that I am the buyer - but until I have all of the books in hand - I do not want to jinx it.......

As for a price - that all depends on what spread the collection has.... bulk longboxes of random 90s drek - usually has the $20-40 a longbox rule of thumb. Look at FT88 journal on a one man comic biz-- he has a lot of great info on pricing as well as some others chiming in. Depending on the spread of the collection (how many keys, how many older books are in there, etc....) - the pricing can go way up....

Collections of this size---- really go to more of the dealers ( or flippers) than an individual - the volume alone is crazy. At least I know now that the truck can fit at least 17 longboxes on its own if needed....

another thing in the FT journal that he describes - is what you do get in for with something of this size. You need to have a plan to store and move it. I am both lucky - and stupid - I have storage and a show coming up next weekend. If everything works out perfectly - once I do show setup I will run the trailer over and get the rest of the books - then drop off at the storage locker--- then collapse in exhaustion. They gave me a huge booth to fill -so I will have loads of display space and I will be processing the first 20 boxes up until the day of the show.

last update - going to the wizard world dinner - need some relaxation time ----

6505BE12-7DBA-40BD-8280-6689882ABB54.jpg

anyone know about these cover posters? - got three with this lot - cant figure out the right ebay search terms so see anything....

D53763A9-1CFD-4659-AF71-9E97C4A4D2F0.jpg

BBFCF95F-DB57-4ECF-93F0-BFB024183EFB.jpg

the ASM - has a 2" crease you cannot see - but still cool.

NM98 = awesome shape. With a press - should be at least a 9 if not higher........

not holdingout hope - but random ASM are in there around the 300 zone....... and also some random hulks like 200,,,176,,,,

Never saw one with a tape before...

IMG_6108.jpg

That's really cool - I see its a series, know anything more about them?

I assume it adds to the story when you read the comic, or is it a separate tale?

Never saw one with a tape before...

IMG_6108.jpg

That's really cool - I see its a series, know anything more about them?

I assume it adds to the story when you read the comic, or is it a separate tale?

I'm pretty sure it's just issue 1's audio portion, don't have a tape player so can't say for sure. I've never seen them with cassettes. But seen the MPI version by itself many times.

cool finds guys!!!

made 2nd trip over today - 12 more longboxes - probably have 1/2 the collection in hand now

the digging continues - the collection is crazy big - somewhat disorganized - but enough sorting in it so I can bulk price a lot. Condition is great for the most pat.. most are decent $1 and $2 books - with some neat finds -

Note the rarest of the Whitmat books - but still alright. Given that I have probably 17 more boxes to go - finding a few already is a good sign.....

Are those Sandmans up for grabs? I need a bunch of later issues to complete my set...

cool finds guys!!!

Are those Sandmans up for grabs? I need a bunch of later issues to complete my set...

well - pretty much --- but I will have to see after next weekend - they are packed into t he show inventory at the moment -

cool finds guys!!!

well - pretty much --- but I will have to see after next weekend - they are packed into t he show inventory at the moment -

Alright, shoot me a pm after the show!