• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Come on guys, get out to those flea markets, I love this thread

I picked these up at a garage sale this morning, nice little seven issue run!

Atom & Hawkman 39-45 - from the same litter too, looks like. Brothers! :insane:

But seriously, take a look at the quality!

Garage sale!

Were those the only comics they had? Seems like an odd set of books to find randomly and all by themselves at a garage sale. Nice job!

They had so many boxed action figures that it rivaled an actual retailer's stock. Also tons of trades and graphic novels. There were also three longs and one short box of comics, but mostly from the 80s and up - lots of Star Comics and New Universe from Marvel. These were the only real vintage books I could find.

I know they're not highly desirable but well pleased nonetheless.

doh! You kidding! I want them and so does everyone on this board. Nice find.

Nice find at an antique store yesterday. $3 each, boxes had literally just come in. That Fantastic Four is especially zesty. Plus the chocolate sauce!

comics0130.jpg

I'm a huge fan of saving my fruit and veg stickers as well!

Nice find at an antique store yesterday. $3 each, boxes had literally just come in. That Fantastic Four is especially zesty. Plus the chocolate sauce!

comics0130.jpg

So you buy and sell at $3 each? hm

I know he's not pricing that FF at $3. :o

What's the significance? I remember there were issues around that time where they ruined Doom by making him wear armor made of skin, or some such nonsense...

Knowing Dan, it's most likely a newsstand or bookstore variant...

What's the significance? I remember there were issues around that time where they ruined Doom by making him wear armor made of skin, or some such nonsense...

It's the regular price copy. Most copies were priced at a nickel a believe but I think the newsstands ones have the regular price.

It's the regular price copy. Most copies were priced at a nickel a believe but I think the newsstands ones have the regular price.

Wasn't that one of those comics that said it was $.25 on the cover but showed $4.99 in the UPC box?

I know there was an X-Men and Avengers that did that, I thought this cover had that too.

Wasn't that one of those comics that said it was $.25 on the cover but showed $4.99 in the UPC box?

I know there was an X-Men and Avengers that did that, I thought this cover had that too.

I think that particular book (FF) was the regular/direct price version of a 9-cent book. It only has the regular cover price (probably $2.25) and doesn't have the 9-cent notation.

Marvel did some of those 25-cent books around the same time (I have some of the Xmen books). Some had the 25-cents, some had only the UPC regular price, and some had both on them.

The FF is the toughest one of them all to find.

I looked for a few minutes and to me it looks like you hit that nail on the head...Waldenbooks variant priced @ $2.25

I think that particular book (FF) was the regular/direct price version of a 9-cent book. It only has the regular cover price (probably $2.25) and doesn't have the 9-cent notation.

Marvel did some of those 25-cent books around the same time (I have some of the Xmen books). Some had the 25-cents, some had only the UPC regular price, and some had both on them.

The FF is the toughest one of them all to find.

Correct. Marvel test marketed a bunch of books with odd cover prices in the early 2000s as marketing gimmicks. Fantastic Four 60 was 9 cents; Daredevil 41, Hulk 55, X-Men 423 were 25 cents, and Avengers 77 was 50 cents as direct sale versions.

Those were also sold in book stores and military bases with full priced versions. The Fantastic Four 60 was first, and is really hard to find, by far the hardest of them.

There are error versions, btw, of both the X-Men 423 and Avengers 77. There's a third version of the Fantastic Four 60, the Baltimore Comic-Con version.

In order of toughness to find:

1) X-Men 423 error version ( this price is crazy, but you can see what it is)

2) Fantastic Four 60 newsstand

3) Avengers 77 error

4) Daredevil 41 newsstand

5) Hulk 55 newsstand

6) X-Men 423 newsstand

7) Fantastic Four 60 Baltimore

8) Avengers 77 newsstand

Note that a newsstand version of Namor 1, the last 25 cent book, has never surfaced - I'm quite sure that book does not exist.

I bought a video game collection last night. Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put the stuff I'm keeping.

IMG_8060_zpsejx5isg2.jpg

NHL 94 is classic, many battles against my friends on that one.

Best. Game. Ever.

for real. Which year was the one they played in Swingers? where they made gretzky bleed ?

I bought a video game collection last night. Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put the stuff I'm keeping.

IMG_8060_zpsejx5isg2.jpg

Best. Game. Ever.

for real. Which year was the one they played in Swingers? where they made gretzky bleed ?

Not sure, but I remember the scene lol There's one in Mall Rats too.

IMG_8060_zpsejx5isg2.jpg

Best. Game. Ever.

The game in Swingers is NHLPA 93. The game is Mallrats is NHL All Star Hockey for the Sega Saturn.

IMG_8060_zpsejx5isg2.jpg

Best. Game. Ever.

NHL 92 & 93. EA was pressured into removing the fighting & blood starting with NHL 94. They also changed the fighting after NHL 92 so that some players were more or less likely to fight. Then in 94, they got rid of it altogether.