• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, yecul said:

Not comic related, but a nice PC game score. Some tabletop stuff mixed in as well.

20170330_201026_zpsag5pq0z8.jpg

Fallout 1 & 2 were my favorite gets. Sealed Blood Rage kickstarter set was the priciest stuff.

Very Nice!

I was set up as a vendor/seller at a local antique and collectible show this weekend. Guy tells me he has some books, asks if I would look at them. Of course, I said yes but was expecting typical 90's stuff.  Not 90's drek! I ended up purchasing the entire lot.  Pics below. There were a few other golden age books or parts of them/coverless and a totally roached Sensation Comics #70.  

Western 2.jpg

Western 1.jpg

Batman 44.jpg

new funnies.jpg

Kerry Drake.jpg

Cap Marvel Jr..jpg

Marvel Family.jpg

Superboy 126.jpg

Superman 52.jpg

Junior Miss.jpg

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I was set up as a vendor/seller at a local antique and collectible show this weekend. Guy tells me he has some books, asks if I would look at them. Of course, I said yes but was expecting typical 90's stuff.  Not 90's drek! I ended up purchasing the entire lot.  Pics below. There were a few other golden age books or parts of them/coverless and a totally roached Sensation Comics #70.  

Western 2.jpg

Western 1.jpg

Batman 44.jpg

new funnies.jpg

Kerry Drake.jpg

Cap Marvel Jr..jpg

Marvel Family.jpg

Superboy 126.jpg

Superman 52.jpg

Junior Miss.jpg

Wow, fun surprise! Some real cool books there and a couple in pretty nice shape. Nice that there are still some older books yet to be discovered out there.

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, fun surprise! Some real cool books there and a couple in pretty nice shape. Nice that there are still some older books yet to be discovered out there.

It was pretty surprising. They have some issues that don't show up in scans but yes, they do present nicely for the vintage. The Captain Marvel Jr and Marvel Family are also Canadian Editions.

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Western 2.jpg

Western 1.jpg

Batman 44.jpg

new funnies.jpg

Kerry Drake.jpg

Cap Marvel Jr..jpg

Marvel Family.jpg

Superboy 126.jpg

Superman 52.jpg

Junior Miss.jpg

Thank you for saving these pupps and giving them the love they rightfully deserve 

38 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

It was pretty surprising. They have some issues that don't show up in scans but yes, they do present nicely for the vintage. The Captain Marvel Jr and Marvel Family are also Canadian Editions.

Very nice group! I love that they mostly all have similar date stamps from 1948. Road trip reading pile maybe? Really too bad about the superman staple, but I wouldn't complain. :) 

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Junior Miss.jpg

This is a Canadian version, too. You can tell because it's missing the ID logo as well as just generally crummy printing/color separation. The Canadian Atlas books are cool because they often have different interiors than their American counterparts.

It's not in the GCD, either, so this is a new discovery of sorts! Send it into them.

Edited by RCheli

29 minutes ago, RCheli said:

This is a Canadian version, too. You can tell because it's missing the ID logo as well as just generally crummy printing/color separation. The Canadian Atlas books are cool because they often have different interiors than their American counterparts.

It's not in the GCD, either, so this is a new discovery of sorts! Send it into them.

Yes, I should have mentioned that...The back cover has an ad for magic tricks and a table tennis set and to send payment to a Toronto. Interior front cover has ad for American Judo and to send payment to a place on Jarvis Street in Toronto.  Thankfully, nothing appears to be clipped or missing.  I will send it in.

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

LMK if you don't want to keep,the Can. Eds.!

Went to a yard sale that advertised comics. They had one long box and a random shopping bag of comics. Comics in the box were unorganized and facing every direction, mostly in bags. I asked how much and was told they belonged to her son, who is not here, but he'd like $300. It was mostly modern, 90% Nightwing and Lady Rawhide. I said thanks and looked around more. She then said they were $1 each. So I went back and picked out the few I wanted. She then proceeded to look up each on, I think on eBay, and tell me "$5 for this one, $4 for these, $3 for these...." and so on. I put all of them back except for the two below. I really didn't feel like arguing with the lady, so I bought these two and went on my way.

YardSale-2017-04-15.thumb.jpg.a7408e38bddf4e5eb96eb5ebcb1a9614.jpg