Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
56 56

12,051 posts in this topic

500 posts
4 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Went through to see what I got in the long box. The TeenTitans lot is the best out of all what I see. Rest of other books are moderns, lots of  #1. In the NTT lot are many Canadian price variants, also in nice high grades. It’s a nice change after many Craigslist ad browsing, find nothing until this here. 

 

DFCF1D7B-7701-4BB1-A1CF-A1905F6BF77E.jpeg

41D0B505-A4B1-4FCF-8955-54D57130A56C.jpeg

Wow:applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,895 posts

Seems this week many are happy with Deathstoke as his target on us.  hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
2 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Seems this week many are happy with Deathstoke as his target on us.  hm

It definitely made me look and see what is available. If anyone has seen the new teen titan movie then

SLAaaaDeeE!!!

If you haven't seen it then if you do, you'll laugh, but some of it is just wacky and will melt your face it's so bad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,895 posts
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It definitely made me look and see what is available. If anyone has seen the new teen titan movie then

SLAaaaDeeE!!!

If you haven't seen it then if you do, you'll laugh, but some of it is just wacky and will melt your face it's so bad....

Only the trailer was all I saw. In my opinion, the look of the cast seems quite bad in what I think. I understand that it is said that the new TItans movie will be steamed on Netflix. No idea when it will be ready? I’m curious anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
6 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It definitely made me look and see what is available. If anyone has seen the new teen titan movie then

SLAaaaDeeE!!!

If you haven't seen it then if you do, you'll laugh, but some of it is just wacky and will melt your face it's so bad....

Only the trailer was all I saw. In my opinion, the look of the cast seems quite bad in what I think. I understand that it is said that the new TItans movie will be steamed on Netflix. No idea when it will be ready? I’m curious anyway.

Ya deathstroke was pretty good in it, it was kind of a trippy flick. I did laugh a couple of times though. If it streams on Netflix then that would be ideal to sample it

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,458 posts
On 9/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Slow day at the flea market but still happy with what I found 

 

75A5CA08-5ECE-403A-A2CA-430D8DA42A1C.jpeg

I passed on all of those with the intent of checking back later, depending how the morning went (mostly for NTT 2). When I saw that it was gone, I thought I might see you post a photo of it today. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,804 posts
1 minute ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Still good deals to be found no matter how hot the book....picked this up this weekend....

20180922_125130.jpg

That is just Awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,710 posts
On 9/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, Bearcatcoach said:

Picked this up the previous weekend from a different store....who doesn't know this is not a "guide" book at this point?!

It's not like it just went up in price overnight.....

 

I turned up a run of Amazing Spideys in a collection not long ago, and didn't know the Mary Jane drinking coffee, and Black Cat covers were anything special.  If you're not interested in moderns, there wasn't anything to say about Spider-Man after the Mephisto story that everyone hated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,091 posts
On 9/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Slow day at the flea market but still happy with what I found 

 

75A5CA08-5ECE-403A-A2CA-430D8DA42A1C.jpeg

From Wolfe's Flea Market?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,509 posts

Yes. The seller is a comic/toy dealer that does local shows. He sometimes sets up at the flea market. I usually see him buying things than selling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739 posts

Hit up a sidewalk sale this morning. I've picked up a bunch of trading card sets for cheap over the years, but they are in (gasp) regular binders. So I pick up superhero binders whenever I can find them at a reasonable price. The Alf message center is...interesting. I thought it was homemade at first. Still shrinkwraped from the 80s.

1692078084_YardSale-2018-09-29.jpg.36fe2841f36b7afef5c676d37ef78d9d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,506 posts
1 hour ago, Chief1332 said:

As a newbie, again, I scour sites, papers, stores and such for ads about comics...  Yesterday, I came across an advertised short box of 100 comics for $40, but it looked to be a lot more than that...didn't quibble, didn't dig too hard, but after I saw the 2nd earlier ASM, I got out my cash and handed it over with a smile and a "Thank you!"  It turned out to be a mixed lot of mostly modern, with a few silver age, and a few dozen bronze age items.  The unexpectedness of seeing a Key or Minor Key item mixed in with a random assortment of superhero type books was well worth the time.  The grades vary widely, but the fun and excitement of looking and finding was Near Mint!!

I have left them as found, as is, but plan to clean and re-bag and board the better ones.

IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3568.JPG

Nice! You scour, you score!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351 posts
On 9/30/2018 at 11:25 AM, Chief1332 said:

As a newbie, again, I scour sites, papers, stores and such for ads about comics...  Yesterday, I came across an advertised short box of 100 comics for $40, but it looked to be a lot more than that...didn't quibble, didn't dig too hard, but after I saw the 2nd earlier ASM, I got out my cash and handed it over with a smile and a "Thank you!"  It turned out to be a mixed lot of mostly modern, with a few silver age, and a few dozen bronze age items.  The unexpectedness of seeing a Key or Minor Key item mixed in with a random assortment of superhero type books was well worth the time.  The grades vary widely, but the fun and excitement of looking and finding was Near Mint!!

I have left them as found, as is, but plan to clean and re-bag and board the better ones.

IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3568.JPG

Nice comics for a nice price!  A little bit of footwork pays off in the long run.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351 posts

My wife has been setting up at an outdoor festival over Labor Day weekend the last several years selling the pottery she makes.  The last couple years she has had me bring some cheap toys/comics and to help out at the booth.  This year put up a "we buy comics" sign and got a lead that came to fruition yesterday.  20k comics later and a lighter pocketbook....I have a bunch of work to do!

Never had any 35 cent variants through the years (at least that I know of) but finally found a few as I started to sort this collection....and NO they are not for sale at the prices on the bags (just wanted to clear that up before I got a bunch of PM's....lol).  Just sharing that this stuff is out there if you put in a little work to find it.....

20180930_234023.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
56 56