• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable GA Flash (all sold)

16 posts in this topic

A friend of mine recently brought these 5 books to me to sell for him. Here's the story that came with them:

File0005-1.jpg

While it's hard not to comment on the Million Year Picnic's terrible sales policies at the time, it pretty much tells the whole story.

Just a general note on the "browning" part...There are notes with each book with more explanation, but the pages of the book do cause me to use the word "brittle" especiually at the spine. This isn't the "falling apart, flaking" brittle, this is the "pages seem dry, handle with care" brittle.

As you will see, these are really nice to look at. They got a big trim job but since they were in bound volumes their eye appeal is very,very good. Their technical grade is all Fair/poor, of course.

Shipping to the US is on me. Worldwide, we will work it out. Books can be returned for a full refund.

Flash Comics 40 - $30 OBO

Complete, 16 wraps. Page quality is light tan on the edges to off-white in the middle of the pages. Staple is rusted on the outside but no significant signs of migration inside or out.

File0003-2.jpg

File0004-1.jpg

Flash Comics 48 - $17 OBO

16 pages on the left side of the centerfold, 12 pages on the right. It appears to me that the double-sided ad pages were removed. All the stories that I can see are complete. Pages are tan to offwhite, but there is brittleness at the spine. There's some interior creasing, and there are two pages that are missing corners including pieces of panels, but not enough to wreck the story. Staple is rusted on the outside but no significant signs of migration inside or out.

File0006-1.jpg

File0007-1.jpg

All Flash 9 - $30 OBO **SOLD**

Complete, 16 wraps. Page quality is tan (edges) to off-white, and there is a hint of brittleness top and bottom of the spine, but no splits. Staples clean, can be seen on the back cover scan.

File0008-1.jpg

File0013.jpg

All Flash 11 - $17

16 pages on the left side of the centerfold, 12 pages on the right. It appears to me that the double-sided ad pages were removed. All the stories that I can see are complete. Pages are tan to cream, brittleness at the spine. Some pages are split top and botton and a few are loose around the centerfold. Staples are clean.

File0011-1.jpg

File0012-1.jpg

All Flash 30, VG, $100 OBO

Complete, 12 wraps. Staples clean. This clearly weas not part of a bound volume or trimmed. It's a solid, unrestored, unqualified VG IMHO. The interior front and back covers are tanned pretty darkly, but the pages are off-white to straight white. It would probably be about Fine if it was not for the interior cover tanning.

File0009-1.jpg

File0010-1.jpg

That's it! Thanks all.

All Flash 11 - $17

16 pages on the left side of the centerfold, 12 pages on the right. It appears to me that the double-sided ad pages were removed. All the stories that I can see are complete.

That is the correct page count for that book (thumbs u

All Flash 30, VG, $100 OBO

Complete, 12 wraps. Staples clean. This clearly weas not part of a bound volume or trimmed. It's a solid, unrestored, unqualified VG IMHO. The interior front and back covers are tanned pretty darkly, but the pages are off-white to straight white. It would probably be about Fine if it was not for the interior cover tanning.

File0009-1.jpg

File0010-1.jpg

That's it! Thanks all.

:takeit: I just have to :cry: It isnt trimmed or any type of resto I hope?

All Flash 11 - $17

16 pages on the left side of the centerfold, 12 pages on the right. It appears to me that the double-sided ad pages were removed. All the stories that I can see are complete.

(thumbs u

Yes.... there are 60 page GA books

All Flash 11 - $17

16 pages on the left side of the centerfold, 12 pages on the right. It appears to me that the double-sided ad pages were removed. All the stories that I can see are complete. Pages are tan to cream, brittleness at the spine. Some pages are split top and botton and a few are loose around the centerfold. Staples are clean.

File0011-1.jpg

File0012-1.jpg

:takeit:

It isnt trimmed or any type of resto I hope?

Read the note he posted. doh!

Yea, I know. Sue me... On the other hand it will be the 7th graded copy of the book soon.

I'll take the book back (before or after grading) and pay the grading cost if it comes back restored. I went through it pretty well. I can't see anything at all that looks remotely like restoration, and the edges are pretty clearly untrimmed.

Still, I would appreciate you giving it a good going over before you sent it in. Four eyes are better than one. (I am a cyclops.)

I'm glad you are getting it graded. I am interested to see what CGC does with PQ and the grade given the tanning on the inside covers, but the white/off white pages.

All Flash 11 - $17

Wow, thanks so much for sharing that. I thought I was crazy - I could not find a page sliced out of this one.

The other one with this count I can see at least one page cut out.

edit: I should say that a "half wrap" can look like a cut out page. So if anyone has a page count on the Flash Comics 48, I would appreciate it.