• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying out HammerSnipe for the first time

11 posts in this topic

Okay, I am coming out of the stone age (or trying too at least) :blush: While I have been on Ebay for over 12 years now I have never actually used a snipe program.

So there is an item up for auction that I would like to have, but will not be around for the auction end and I don't really want to bid it up till the end to raise the price any more than it has to be. (cheap I know, even though this is what I have always done in the past, just bid what I am comfortable with and let it ride)

So here goes nothing, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Anyone else use this tool or a similar one?

On occasion (possibly more often), sure. Plus, can't be logged in all day to follow auctions, so it does it for me. Btw, I've been using esnipe for years. Only had an issue once, and it was my fault (changed my eBay password and didn't do it in esnipe)

I really don't understand sniping. Do you really think you get an item cheaper by waiting until the last second to bid?

Hells yeah! :makepoint:

Bidding along the way just drives the price up. Snipper is the way to go, I learned that 10 years ago after losing my second auction in a row.

Oh, and I've been using Hammersnipe for a few years now. Only had one auction get away, and that was eBay's fault. (thumbs u (thumbs u

I also use bidnapper and like it. If anyone is interested in a free trial, pm me and i can provide you with a link that will not only give you a few weeks free to try it out, but it will also add a little bit of time onto my subscription. Shoot me a pm if you are interested...

I really don't understand sniping. Do you really think you get an item cheaper by waiting until the last second to bid?

Absolutely. A last second snipe prevents other people from rebidding.

It only prevents other snipers from rebidding! :D

Absolutely. A last second snipe prevents other people from rebidding.

It only prevents other snipers from rebidding! :D

If you make a bid a couple days before the auction ends you give other bidders days to notice the bid and consider a higher bid. If you bid at the last moment some will not be on-line to respond and some will be watching the auction and scream when you "steal" the item at the last moment.