• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

I posted this years ago in this thread as a raw, but here it is back from CGC yesterday.  Bought it off ebay around 2007. I was sweating out the resto check, but it passed.

IMG_0850.jpg

Just a beautiful copy.  Can't ask for much more out of a 4.0

6 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

And restored at that. I think some folks that are new to buying books don't utilize the internet well to find a better deal.

Also, I think we are getting to a point where new buyers/collectors aren't as put off by restoration as much as older collectors. They just want the book.

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You think this has something to do with PQ? Whatever it is it is :censored: me the :censored:

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=X-men+1+5.5&GO=GO&ItemType=CB

I wonder if the PQ combined with the tanning and chipping at the right edge of the first book and the top edge of the second book has people concerned that those specific areas might be brittle?

In the earlier days of the X-Men #1 runup these types of defects did not seem to matter as much, but maybe things are changing.

There's still plenty of time left in both auctions for each book to jump substantially...

5 hours ago, Drummy said:

I think it's just that the $16k copy still has 4 days left...the numbers haven't gone up yet because we're not close to the end...

The first 5.5 copy sold tonight for $26,500...not sure if this price is low, in line with other recent sales, or high...

16 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You think this has something to do with PQ? Whatever it is it is :censored: me the :censored:

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=X-men+1+5.5&GO=GO&ItemType=CB

to get hyped up when there was a couple hours left in the auction is not good for your health lol...  the real bids dont come in until the final moments.  you should know that. (thumbsu