• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

Next stop... Bankruptcy.

My goal is to complete from 1 to 300.

I'm about 50 short including #4 and #94

But your sig line is beautiful.

Great collecting goal right there

Good for you! It's a great journey and I am only a few books away myself! I need nine books that I have listed in my sig line below and then I need to upgrade a bunch that I got before I was serious about the condition of my collection

Edited by Magneto

Next stop... Bankruptcy.

My goal is to complete from 1 to 300.

I'm about 50 short including #4 and #94

But your sig line is beautiful.

Great collecting goal right there

I know that particular challenge! I'm about 50 short of my 1-544 (including price variants, variants and reprints) goal now but 1 & 4 are the 2 big books left on my list.

Best of luck, good sir!

Good for you! It's a great journey and I am only a few books away myself! I need nine books that I have listed in my sig line below and then I need to upgrade a bunch that I got before I was serious about the condition of my collection

You have all of those graded? Very nice!

I know that particular challenge! I'm about 50 short of my 1-544 (including price variants, variants and reprints) goal now but 1 & 4 are the 2 big books left on my list.

Best of luck, good sir!

What's next for you after?

Best of luck, good sir!

What's next for you after?

You mean after I finish my Uncanny run? Hmmm... Damn good question. I'm probably back to finishing my modern runs. I'm almost done with X-Men (Vol 1-3), X-Factor (Vol 1-2), X-Force (Vol 1-3), New Mutants (Vol 1-3) and Generation X. And by that, I mean every issue, every variant, every reprint, every price variant (except pence or newsstand)

But in silver age? Probably upgrading some of my UXM run or going after big keys or maybe taking a crack at an ASM Vol 1 run (already done with Vol 2-4). I haven't really given it much thought. Though the "go after big keys exclusively" idea seems fun. Just don't know if I can sit & hoard the cash long enough without buying anything to do that.

Id want to go for an AF15.

They are just going up so stupidly at this rate I'll only be able to afford a page.

I know exactly what you mean. I bought my IH181 a year ago & it's basically gone up by 20% since then. And AF15 is going up just as fast. Dammit... now you convince me... Save & buy an AF15.

On 3/2/2017 at 7:14 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Here is my X-Men #1.

X-Men #1 CGC 9.2 Front.jpg

X-Men #1 CGC 9.2 Back.jpg

Well, if you want a second 9.2 graded copy to keep it company, you can always pick this one up:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=710277

Just jumped out of nowhere to hit $22.5K in CC's current auction and it still has another 14 more days to go.   :gossip:

Never realized that a PGX graded book could go for that kind of money!  :whatthe:

46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you want a second 9.2 graded copy to keep it company, you can always pick this one up:

Just jumped out of nowhere to hit $22.5K in CC's current auction and it still has another 14 more days to go.   :gossip:

Never realized that a PGX graded book could go for that kind of money!  :whatthe:

lol no thanks one is enough and am more than happy with mine....I am not a buyer of any key books that are not graded by CGC (it's just the way I role lol)!!

Edited by SupergirlDC19591
Text

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I just cracked out a handful of PXG books I have, and all I can say is ...... wow..... I'm sure some are going to drop two full grades... Just my opinion though.

2 hours ago, Omaha-CGC-Comics said:
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I just cracked out a handful of PXG books I have, and all I can say is ...... wow..... I'm sure some are going to drop two full grades... Just my opinion though.

Never you mind.......it looks like it has now moved past the Pacific Coast highest graded copy of Amazing Spidey 28 with the classic black Molten Man cover that is supposedly impossible to find in grade.  :gossip:

In fact, it is now on the verge of passing the $25K mark and also catching and passing the CGC 7.5 graded copy of Hulk #1.  :whatthe: