• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

337 posts in this topic

If you guess 8.5 and a book is a 9.2, then that is a .7 difference.....so it counts as a loss. :cry:

i undrestand that,but a 9.0 guess covers 8.5 on the low side,and what on the high side? 9.4 is within .5.. so is 9.2.. that is my question.

Within .5 is a win. So, if you guess 9.0 and a book is a 9.4, the difference is .4. Therefore it is a win. :acclaim:

Not within .5 is a loss. So if you guess 9.0 and the book is a 9.6, the difference is .6, therefore it would count as a loss. :cry:

The scoring in the head to head competition will be different. I'll go over that next round.

And if you guess 9.4 on everything, you get a win on any book that grades between 9.0 to 9.8. hm

But if you guess 9.0 on every book you get a hit on every book between 8.5 and 9.4 :o

..i guess we've pretty much given freebies to anyone else thats still not "in" and reads all this first....oh well...

at least my initial .5 or .2 question was confirmed... :baiting:

At this point we should just throw out the point system and say you either guessed the grade right or you didn't. If it is a 9.4 and you didnt guess 9.4 then you do not get the points.

If you guess 8.5 and a book is a 9.2, then that is a .7 difference.....so it counts as a loss. :cry:

i undrestand that,but a 9.0 guess covers 8.5 on the low side,and what on the high side? 9.4 is within .5.. so is 9.2.. that is my question.

Within .5 is a win. So, if you guess 9.0 and a book is a 9.4, the difference is .4. Therefore it is a win. :acclaim:

Not within .5 is a loss. So if you guess 9.0 and the book is a 9.6, the difference is .6, therefore it would count as a loss. :cry:

The scoring in the head to head competition will be different. I'll go over that next round.

And if you guess 9.4 on everything, you get a win on any book that grades between 9.0 to 9.8. hm

But if you guess 9.0 on every book you get a hit on every book between 8.5 and 9.4 :o

..i guess we've pretty much given freebies to anyone else thats still not "in" and reads all this first....oh well...

At this point we should just throw out the point system and say you either guessed the grade right or you didn't. If it is a 9.4 and you didnt guess 9.4 then you do not get the points.

Even with the current point system, that's what it'll come down to. There will be many "within .5" grades. The winners will be those with the most "dead on" grades.

It's not your contest...you don't get to make the rules! :makepoint:

That's been tried before and yielded a low won-loss percentage.

AS of 7:45 PM PST....

:banana: :banana:32 TEAMS :banana: :banana:

We have many returning teams- including both previous Champs!

If you have submitted but don't see your name on the list- please resend your grades.

TimMay

decepticon

TSwift25

C-mack

Zuckuss2003

hockey&comicsguy

TRMoore54

Annihilus

JerryZ

Cimm

Boozad

Etanick

Dollarbill

DDS

Divad

Jessebrook1

bryan91

Mio

marvelcollector

Comicdey

Boboset

B3AST

Cheezywhiz

The Resurrection

frankbearss

KRYPTOSPIDEY

Jeffro

VK

ckp1680

shadow

xsmanx

Oakman29

Dcman

If you have submitted but don't see your name on the list- please resend your grades.

Resubmitting.

Sent mine at 6:30am this morning, but the PM hasn't been read yet.

Resubmitting.

All 9.0's? :baiting:

Resubmitting.

actually after thinking about it 9.4 would be the best choice...it would cover 9.0-9.9... doh!

Resubmitting.

actually after thinking about it 9.4 would be the best choice...it would cover 9.0-9.9... doh!

Unless all the books were 9.0s, and someone else submitted all 9.0s. To paraphrase the Soup Nazi: no bullseyes for you!

Resubmitting.

Unless all the books were 9.0s, and someone else submitted all 9.0s. To paraphrase the Soup Nazi: no bullseyes for you!

:signfunny:

As of Midnight Friday PST- 43 teams! :acclaim:

If you have submitted grades but don't see your name on the list, please resend your grades.

TimMay

decepticon

TSwift25

C-mack

Zuckuss2003

hockey&comicsguy

TRMoore54

Annihilus

JerryZ

Cimm

Boozad

Etanick