• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellboy all the way
3 3

245 posts in this topic

Since there has been some confusion over Hellboy's first appearance, hopefully this visual explanation helps some.

Hellboy_origins1.jpg

Hellboy_origins2a.jpg

Hellboy_origins3a.jpg

ok where can I get that Salt Lake Comic Con err comic.?? (shrug)

You really need some focus my boy :sumo:

Since there has been some confusion over Hellboy's first appearance, hopefully this visual explanation helps some.
ok where can I get that Salt Lake Comic Con err comic.?? (shrug)
You really need some focus my boy :sumo:

:roflmao:

I cant believe that Hellboys 1st app. gets no respect in the new Overstreet price guide.San Diego Comic Con Comics #2 is still at a measly 12.00 in NM.Well as Divad puts it "back up the truck" I will buy any and all NM SDCCC #2s at 12.00 :)

I cant believe that Hellboys 1st app. gets no respect in the new Overstreet price guide.San Diego Comic Con Comics #2 is still at a measly 12.00 in NM.Well as Divad puts it "back up the truck" I will buy any and all NM SDCCC #2s at 12.00 :)

That is just Papaw Overstreet being an old fart that doesn't care about anything printed after 1964. All the cool kids know that book is the shizzy.

That is just Papaw Overstreet being an old fart that doesn't care about anything printed after 1964. All the cool kids know that book is the shizzy.

:cool: Pawpaw's an old fart.

That Wizard mag has SDCC#2 at a respectible $250 a pop, I'll go $13 if anyones selling :wishluck: already got me copy but always room for 10 more.

At a 1,500 copy print run, and most probably many were damaged while being thrown in the show bag at SDCC because who thought this issue contained anything key, $12 is a joke and Overstreet should be embarrassed.

Not that Overstreet needs defending, but the $12 price is for a 9.2 condition (presumably raw) copy.

That's pretty close to reality... still too low, but not by much.

No, it's not.

I agree.

Heck, I sold a CGC 9.2 Q late last year that had been previously signed by Adams, Wagner, and Allred for $60 (+) on eBay.

doh! (I know - what was I thinking in even selling a book signed like that).

The 12 month GPA average for CGC 9.6 San Diego Comic Con #2 is $79.

If a CGC 9.6 goes for $79, and the slabbing itself costs $25 to $30 ($17 plus shipping both ways),

then the underlying 9.6 raw copy is about a $50-$55 book.

Given a 9.6 of a book at $50-$55, what SHOULD be the cost of the same modern book in 9.2 raw?

$12 isn't far off.

If a CGC 9.6 goes for $79, and the slabbing itself costs $25 to $30 ($17 plus shipping both ways),

Given a 9.6 of a book at $50-$55, what SHOULD be the cost of the same modern book in 9.2 raw?

$12 isn't far off.

Here's a 9.4 that sold just last week for $79. I believe a few weeks before this a 9.6 SS sold for around $200.

SDCC 2 CGC 9.4

It gives you a feel for the variance in prices that is going on with this book. And it doesn't help with the confusion now over the labels between Next Men 21 and SDCC 2, as the old labels for NM 21 state it was the 1st appearance when it wasn't.

I think that is what causes buyer confusion, and sometimes impacts the price.

$12 isn't far off.

$12 is far off.

GPA is completely irrelevant when it comes to this book because, as is often the case with these oddball indie keys, when it comes to CGC'ed copies, people only want a 9.8. Which is why the GPA averages are pretty much the same for 9.6, 9.4 and 9.2 copies of this book.

I sold a VF/NM raw copy on ebay for $60 a while back - have moved several copies at shows in the $75-80 range - and would gladly pay in the same range for a true NM copy.

If you listed an accurately-graded 9.2 copy for $40-50 on ebay, it would sell pretty much immediately.

$12 isn't far off.

$12 is far off.

GPA is completely irrelevant when it comes to this book because, as is often the case with these oddball indie keys, when it comes to CGC'ed copies, people only want a 9.8. Which is why the GPA averages are pretty much the same for 9.6, 9.4 and 9.2 copies of this book.

I sold a VF/NM raw copy on ebay for $60 a while back - have moved several copies at shows in the $75-80 range - and would gladly pay in the same range for a true NM copy.

If you listed an accurately-graded 9.2 copy for $40-50 on ebay, it would sell pretty much immediately.

What other books have this characteristic?

Being able to grab a CGC 9.6 for under $80 seems like an absolute steal if people are willingly paying $50 for a raw 9.2.

$12 isn't far off.

$12 is far off.

Being able to grab a CGC 9.6 for under $80 seems like an absolute steal if people are willingly paying $50 for a raw 9.2.

There are tons of Copper books like this. The Avatar Goon #1 in 9.4-9.6 raw goes for more than slabbed. Same with the DHP Special that has the 1st Sin City in it. I believe that there are tons of other examples as well, but there not enough GPA slab sales to back me up.

Once it gets into the CGC crowd there is a huge contingent that is 9.8 or nothing. But out in the real world NM and NM+ raws go for nice prices

$12 isn't far off.

$12 is far off.

There are tons of Copper books like this. The Avatar Goon #1 in 9.4-9.6 raw goes for more than slabbed. Same with the DHP Special that has the 1st Sin City in it. I believe that there are tons of other examples as well, but there not enough GPA slab sales to back me up.

Once it gets into the CGC crowd there is a huge contingent that is 9.8 or nothing. But out in the real world NM and NM+ raws go for nice prices

Yep. Miracleman 15 is also a good example - there have been numerous sales of CGC 9.4 copies at around the $100 mark, yet raw VF copies still sell for $80.

$12 isn't far off.

$12 is far off.

Yep. Miracleman 15 is also a good example - there have been numerous sales of CGC 9.4 copies at around the $100 mark, yet raw VF copies still sell for $80.

MM=great example of this!