• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2017 at 10:25 PM, OtherEric said:

And finally located a copy of Help #9; only 4 issues to go for the run.  The #9 seems to be one of the, if not the, hardest issues to find:

Help_09.jpg

@OtherEric there a some new HELP's listed on eBay , aggressively priced , but maybe a tough issue that you need to complete your run..

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

@OtherEric there a some new HELP's listed on eBay , aggressively priced , but maybe a tough issue that you need to complete your run..

I appreciate the heads up... and a Kurtzman signature is tempting... but I've actually gotten most of what I consider the tougher issues.  There's actually 3 very slight variants on the Help! #12, but I'm not knocking myself out looking for all 3.

With that said... has anybody had much experience buying lower grade books from Mile High?  They've got a copy of #1 that looks interesting, but they have it graded as Good, with a generic photo.  I'm really cautious spending more than about $3 dollars or so on a book below a 4.0 without a photo, but some dealers I'll trust.  I just haven't dealt with Mile High much, for all that they're the first store I ever got back issues from.  (I was 10, my parents ordered me some issues of Star Wars from one of their ads when my family lived in Germany.)

15 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I appreciate the heads up... and a Kurtzman signature is tempting... but I've actually gotten most of what I consider the tougher issues.  There's actually 3 very slight variants on the Help! #12, but I'm not knocking myself out looking for all 3.

With that said... has anybody had much experience buying lower grade books from Mile High?  They've got a copy of #1 that looks interesting, but they have it graded as Good, with a generic photo.  I'm really cautious spending more than about $3 dollars or so on a book below a 4.0 without a photo, but some dealers I'll trust.  I just haven't dealt with Mile High much, for all that they're the first store I ever got back issues from.  (I was 10, my parents ordered me some issues of Star Wars from one of their ads when my family lived in Germany.)

There's where your problem lies. Mile High is great for finding low grade beaters, you just have to pay near mint prices for them.

33 minutes ago, Brando- said:

I just got back from my LCS! :bigsmile:

Warren Presents #8: Pantha - Bikini Panther Girl!

IMG_4481.thumb.jpg.16fe5bd2776cb9332ea1a20bdbf9c8ec.jpg

My very first Eerie, #98 - Love this cover!

IMG_4482.thumb.jpg.5e08c16b72f465b7472c5ab2596ddb80.jpg

At first glance, for both, VF/NM with White Pages. :cloud9:

Love em!  :applause:

I will be going to Terry's CalcomicCon at the end of January, and I plan on completing the Creepy run.

I figure a thousand dollars will do the job.

On 12/28/2017 at 8:03 PM, oakman29 said:

Love em!  :applause:

I will be going to Terry's CalcomicCon at the end of January, and I plan on completing the Creepy run.

I figure a thousand dollars will do the job.

Good luck completing run

Actually from a couple weeks ago, but realize I hadn't posted it yet.  Frank Frazetta cover; Vaughn Bode, Neal Adams, Gahan Wilson, and Jeff Jones inside.

Sorry for the slight edits to the image; I was 90% sure it would be safe for the boards but not 100%...

NatLamp_1973_08_edit.jpg

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Actually from a couple weeks ago, but realize I hadn't posted it yet.  Frank Frazetta cover; Vaughn Bode, Neal Adams, Gahan Wilson, and Jeff Jones inside.

Sorry for the slight edits to the image; I was 90% sure it would be safe for the boards but not 100%...

NatLamp_1973_08_edit.jpg

Frazetta,:cloud9: