• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jayman said:

This one unsettled me a bit as a kid, I would only take out on occasion to read and look at. That’s probably why it lasted so long in fairly good shape since I bought it from my local variety store as a kid!

Nightmare # 13.jpg

Wow that would have scare me too when I was 12 yrs old🤮

5 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Wow that would have scare me too when I was 12 yrs old🤮

Although it’s a bit of a stretch, it kind of reminded me of the ghost of christmas future from the Albert Finney version of Scrooge that I saw in the theater. It was about the same time frame! :whatthe:

AACBE22D-1E7C-4FB3-B0D5-890B8DA958B4.png

9C4EFFDC-91F7-40D1-AFA9-389F62F9FD39.jpeg

15 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Is it just me or is anyone else struggling to find magazine mylites? I have even ordered some from Gerber and they are dragging their heels. (shrug)

I am using up the last of my old supplies and am getting low myself. Let me know how you do! :wishluck:

So, disregarding Charlton Bullseye as not actually published by Charlton, and skipping SICK as just not seeming that interesting, there are only 20 magazine issues from Charlton.  That seems like a doable little project, although some of the issues are pretty scarce in the market.

in today:

image.jpg

12 hours ago, batmiesta said:

A pic of my Vampire Tales annual before slabbing.  And after, can't understand why more people don't want this book as the cover is one of the best ever, mine was the only 9.8 for a few years until one popped up on Comiclink a while back and that wily Jordysnordy won it for a measly $200 . :whatthe:

Picture250.jpg

Picture196.jpg

I love that cover too but I’ve noticed a lot of head shots in comics get softer receptions from collectors. I think they limit the number of points of interest that a full cover might offer. Even Matt Bakers great headshot on Canteen Kate gets much less interest than his regular covers...