• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, s14roller said:

Anyone following that Hulk 1 3.0 WP on CL?  Looks nice, a bit pricey.  I also can't tell if there is tape on the cover even though it's not noted.

yeah the white pages are very attractive. 10k is a nice price too. i agree it looks like tape was there but overall it presents great for a 3.0 

20 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I saw the tape stain too.  Pretty sure that was professionally removed.

That was my thought as well.  I wasn't sure if CGC always notes tape, but in this case I thought maybe it was just residue from removal...

Edited by s14roller

I was excited :banana:to join the club when I received this from ComicLink:

The following bids that you have submitted have been accepted:
INCREDIBLE HULK #1, CGC 3.5 VG-      $8600

but a few weeks after I had paid, I was bummed when I got this:

Unfortunately we have been notified by the seller that this book is no longer available for sale due to an inventory issue.

We have issued a full credit to your account this morning. Please let me know if there are any questions.

???

10 hours ago, jeranimal said:

???

What the message should have said, was "We are sorry, but the seller saw that another auction sold a Hulk #1 VG- 3.5 for $10,100, and since the seller is a greedy dog, he is screwing you over."   What a rotten way to do business...

10 hours ago, jeranimal said:

???

Lots of convenient inventory issues from some of these clowns !  Those are the ones that will get hurt when the music stops!

3 hours ago, hippiecop said:

What the message should have said, was "We are sorry, but the seller saw that another auction sold a Hulk #1 VG- 3.5 for $10,100, and since the seller is a greedy dog, he is screwing you over."   What a rotten way to do business...

3 hours ago, paul747 said:

Lots of convenient inventory issues from some of these clowns !  Those are the ones that will get hurt when the music stops!

Since there's a decent chance this is really true, and you know the CGC number, it might be worth the effort to check around and keep an eye out for this book mysteriously popping up again.

People have "inventory issues" with Hulk #201, not Hulk #1.

19 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Since there's a decent chance this is really true, and you know the CGC number, it might be worth the effort to check around and keep an eye out for this book mysteriously popping up again.

People have "inventory issues" with Hulk #201, not Hulk #1.

Here's a pic of the book that I thought I bought...:/

Hulk1_CGC3_5_front.jpg

On 4/21/2018 at 8:42 AM, jeranimal said:

???

While this is not Clink's fault, I think they could apply pressure to the seller by saying he still owes them the 10% fee. 

20 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

While this is not Clink's fault, I think they could apply pressure to the seller by saying he still owes them the 10% fee. 

Or banning the seller from selling on their site.  The buyer got the scroogy sandwich, which sucks.  Similar thing happened to me years ago.

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Heritage has a freshly graded Hulk 1 CGC 9.0 in their upcoming auction. Love the date stamp on it.

It does look nice.   Probably reach $300k like the last 9.0.  Freshly graded is right since have not seen any copy with that date stamp before.  

Edited by Spiderturtle

10 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-vf-nm-90-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7189-37001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

beautiful cgc 9.0 hulk 1 in the August 2018 Heritage Auction

a few stress lines but nice book overall

wonder what price it will bring?

It does look nice.   Probably reach $300k like the last 9.0.  Freshly graded is right since have not seen any copy with that date stamp before.  

9 hours ago, drbanner said:

not much data to look At but The perception and feeling like a "top dog " applies to going from an 8.5 to 9.0. census numbers are similar but price is  2.27x more.   rather have an A- grade vs B+

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=682667

6 months later had The 9.0 sale 

Edited by Spiderturtle