• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Xenozoic Tales
2 2

243 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2011 at 11:05 AM, Chuck Gower said:

Special thanks to Joel!

IMG_8724.jpg

YES, apparently it IS possible to own a copy of this book that isn't 9.8:

IMG_8725.jpg

CGC's note "Last Issue" is pretty funny.  Looks like you'll be able to get this re-holdered for free now! :)  Inaccurate label!!

9 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Any word on who the publisher is? I think it would do great as a kickstarter. I'd prolly purchase all the packages offered!

I assume it's Flesk.  John has used kickstarter on the last few Schultz books and it has served them well.  If they go the kickstarter route, would we not see them on comic store shelves?

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

I assume it's Flesk.  John has used kickstarter on the last few Schultz books and it has served them well.  If they go the kickstarter route, would we not see them on comic store shelves?

I think eventually they will get to eBay not sure if they will distribute through diamond to LCS though. Titan lifted 21st CENTURY TANK GIRL on Kickstarter (to a total of a whopping £174,130) and some copies made it to my LCS so if its a big hit on KS it probably will

On 4/10/2017 at 9:00 PM, Aweandlorder said:

I think eventually they will get to eBay not sure if they will distribute through diamond to LCS though. Titan lifted 21st CENTURY TANK GIRL on Kickstarter (to a total of a whopping £174,130) and some copies made it to my LCS so if its a big hit on KS it probably will

If you hadn't heard, Flesk announced through the Carbon 2 Kickstarter update that Xenozoic will continue with Kickstarter in 2018.  The update stated "hardcover", so perhaps I was premature in claiming that CGC's label on issue #14 "last issue" is incorrect....

I'll buy two copies.  One to tear apart and rebind into a comicbook!

6 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Heading into Day 2. Weekend only guests are in today - Liefeld, Maguire, Brandon, MacDonald, Woodall... 

Surprise guests --- Mark Schultz is at AA513. Richard Pini at the mycomicstore.net retailer booth.

Mark Schultz sighting in Boston Comic Con this weekend

On 8/12/2017 at 11:13 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Mark Schultz sighting in Boston Comic Con this weekend

I always miss his con appearances and it seems that's one of the best ways to pick up Xenozoic original art.  I've been biting my lip over the cover at romitaman.com for a while now.  I do have a drawing he did inside the collected hardcover and that will have to hold me over for now.  xeno.jpg.9afd620e02b3fd28cb08c0e6ee248f7d.jpg

On 9/2/2017 at 10:10 AM, Grails said:

I always miss his con appearances and it seems that's one of the best ways to pick up Xenozoic original art.  I've been biting my lip over the cover at romitaman.com for a while now.  I do have a drawing he did inside the collected hardcover and that will have to hold me over for now.  xeno.jpg.9afd620e02b3fd28cb08c0e6ee248f7d.jpg

This is amazing. 

I always thought that the 2 biggest Frazetta clones were Schultz & Stevens. But although Stevens was amazing, his drawings were always so tight. Almost perfect. They always looked as if he spent hours perfecting a piece. With Schultz it always seemed natural and looser... this piece demonstrates it perfectly!

Schultz is a master AND an A+ dude. Last time I saw him, he said he was taking a little break from shows, so hopefully he's getting back out there now!

On 9/2/2017 at 9:10 AM, Grails said:

That's a really nice piece. I hope to pick up an original from the new series when it comes out. Or maybe a finished drawing one day. I saw a few good ones on CAF.

I'm not finding an official site or art dealer. Anyone know who represents Schultz artwork? I missed out getting the deluxe Xenozoic but maybe they will do another run for the Kickstarter so people can have complete collections. I have the deluxe versions of his other books.

On 9/15/2017 at 6:29 PM, GeneticNinja said:

That's a really nice piece. I hope to pick up an original from the new series when it comes out. Or maybe a finished drawing one day. I saw a few good ones on CAF.

I'm not finding an official site or art dealer. Anyone know who represents Schultz artwork? I missed out getting the deluxe Xenozoic but maybe they will do another run for the Kickstarter so people can have complete collections. I have the deluxe versions of his other books.

Mark does not have an art dealer.  You have to catch him at a show or be REAL fast contacting him after he posts something on facebook.  He keeps most of his Xenozoic interior art, so good luck getting something from the series.

If you don't do shows, there are the occasional offerings via auction houses (HA, Ebay, Etc). 

On 3/29/2018 at 6:37 PM, AGGIEZ said:

I like this girl...

Jessica Suzanne Lowndes

Jessica+Lowndes+%25286%2529.jpgJessica+Lowndes+%25284%2529.jpgJessica+Lowndes+%252814%2529.jpg

I saw her in a bad flying movie called Altitude that was directed by a comic artist. I thought the movie would be good by the poster but it was a dud.