NEW SITE LAUNCHED - WWW.SLAB-PRO.COM

66 posts in this topic

189 posts

I hope it is ok that I post this here because I am listed in the Advertising section.

Please check www.slab-pro.com for your graded comic book protection needs. Slab-Pro is a unique rubber mold that protects and enhances your graded comics. Also available soon are our Screen Shield Protectors - protects your cases from scatches, dealer and pricing labels and PREVENTS UP TO 99% OF HARMFUL UV RAYS.

Enjoy!

2,519 posts
hm

4,347 posts

What are those Shield Protectors made of? I am kind of surprised that CGC would not have created something like this right in the slab if it was possible at that kind of price point.

14,787 posts
PREVENTS UP TO 99% OF HARMFUL UV RAYS.

Enjoy!

I'm interested in this...I am curious how you sure you are of the claim of 99% of UV rays. Are you positive about this claim?

I will order a pair if this is true.

Thanks

3,282 posts

I fail to see how a rubber ring around a slab is going to protect the book from UV rays. Invisible force field?

46,343 posts

That's a very cool product,the only issue I have is the cost.I have sixty+ slabs and at 14.99 a piece that's quite alot of money,I have only a small fraction of slabs most people on the boards do.If one buys a considerably large order,would there be some kind of discount? Thanx for your time.

Dave

14,787 posts
That's a very cool product,the only issue I have is the cost.I have sixty+ slabs and at 14.99 a piece that's quite alot of money,I have only a small fraction of slabs most people on the boards do.If one buys a considerably large order,would there be some kind of discount? Thanx for your time.

Dave

I see the clear shields are $4.99....you also get two of them...still not cheap but not horrible if you only plan on displaying a few books.

6,656 posts

It's a great idea but I think $15 for one is a little much, but that's just my opinion. But it's a really smart idea. Love it!

13,053 posts
I fail to see how a rubber ring around a slab is going to protect the book from UV rays. Invisible force field?

clearcover-whitecomicbkgrnd12%5B1%5D.JPG

3,282 posts

Ah, I didn't see the shields. Pardon my snark.

46,343 posts

Dave

I see the clear shields are $4.99....you also get two of them...still not cheap but not horrible if you only plan on displaying a few books.

I would'nt be in it for the UV rays,because displaying the books is never a good thing.I just think that the colored holders would be real nice to protect the case itself on the shelf,and handling.Personally I can think of a nice Showcase #22 that I can buy instead of a thousand dollars for these holders,but I do like them.

13,053 posts

Dave

I would'nt be in it for the UV rays,because displaying the books is never a good thing.I just think that the colored holders would be real nice to protect the case itself on the shelf,and handling.Personally I can think of a nice Showcase #22 that I can buy instead of a thousand dollars for these holders,but I do like them.

I have 9 treasuries framed in double-glass (front and back) frames. The dimensions are obviously bigger than a slab. Wondering if they have the UV protectors for magazine sized slabs as I might be able to hack that size for the treasury frames I've got.

Also wondering whether the protector covers from the top to the bottom of the slab covering the label and the book? It could be the angular perspective used in the photo, but it doesn't appear that the protector covers the entire slab face from top to bottom.

15,939 posts

The Protective Shipping angle is probably a non-starter as most sellers probably wouldn't want to spend ANOTHER $15 protecting a slab for shipment.

Otherwise, a giant bumper for a CGC case is intriguing... It might even stop the antenna interference. hm

13,079 posts

Woulda been nice if the guy would have stuck around long enough to answer posted questions (as HOTFLIPS does) hm

18,298 posts
Woulda been nice if the guy would have stuck around long enough to answer posted questions (as HOTFLIPS does) hm

Indeed. He was just ''in & out'' like that. (shrug)

35,984 posts

It would have been nicer if he hadn't pimped his stuff in General in the first place.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just an arsehole who believes that rules are there for reasons that ultimately benefit us all.

42,380 posts

I was gonna post "SPAM", but I wanted to wait for you to do it.

29,097 posts

Dave

I have like 200+ slabs.. This would cost as much as me buying a Nice Tec 359 or 225... Pass