• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, what's the lowdown on DC?

58 posts in this topic

Was DC the most prolific Golden Age publisher?
indubitably

:acclaim: That's a big word for a Florida grad (worship)

I believe you're right. The only potential challenger as usual would be Dell but they didn't have as many series as DC I believe but were putting out long-running series: Famous Funnies, Popular, Tip Top, Crackajack, ... but after a serious accounting, I can still see DC ahead.

Atlas far outpaced them during the time they published but I don't think it was enough for them to catch up to DC.

Correct, but he stated Golden Age and the ramp up by Atlas happened post-GA so Timely over the period in consideration is clearly being as you understate.

Was DC the most prolific Golden Age publisher?
indubitably

:acclaim: That's a big word for a Florida grad (worship)

I believe you're right. The only potential challenger as usual would be Dell but they didn't have as many series as DC I believe but were putting out long-running series: Famous Funnies, Popular, Tip Top, Crackajack, ... but after a serious accounting, I can still see DC ahead.

and for parker I spelled it right lol

Its amazing that Bats and Spidey have similar origins, yet are so different. Spidey has given us 50 years of whiny cry-baby nonsense, Bats 70 years of healthy azz whoopings. Yet people still collect that whiny emo cry baby book.

God I love DC.

Its amazing that Bats and Spidey have similar origins, yet are so different. Spidey has given us 50 years of whiny cry-baby nonsense, Bats 70 years of healthy azz whoopings. Yet people still collect that whiny emo cry baby book.

God I love DC.

I always thought that Batman was one-step away from psychotic. He was totally obsessed with revenge after his parents death. Peter Parker became a hero by accident. He didn't want to be one and he was a little self-absorbed as teens tend to be. I like em both. Grew up with Spidey but always admired Batman.

bb

God I love DC.

I always thought that Batman was one-step away from psychotic. He was totally obsessed with revenge after his parents death. Peter Parker became a hero by accident. He didn't want to be one and he was a little self-absorbed as teens tend to be. I like em both. Grew up with Spidey but always admired Batman.

bb

Parker = relatable

Wayne = psycho (or relatable if you are psycho)

I tried to collect Spidey, but Peter Parker was such a girly-man cry baby, I had to switch to some real heroes.

Men showing their emotional side - still unfashionable apart from in Comics General.

God I love DC.

bb

Batman = someone who suffers tragedy in childhood and rather than wallowing in self-pity uses that motivation to develop his talents to be able to do what he can to prevent something similar happening to others.

Spidey = someone who gains great power by accident, avoids responsibility resulting in tragedy and then continues to wallow in self-pity while taking some actions to help others.

God I love DC.

bb

Batman = someone who suffers tragedy in childhood and rather than wallowing in self-pity uses that motivation to develop his talents to be able to do what he can to prevent something similar happening to others.

Spidey = someone who gains great power by accident, avoids responsibility resulting in tragedy and then continues to wallow in self-pity while taking some actions to help others.

:luhv: