• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFP Comics - A trusted pressing, Signature Series and CGC submission service

22 posts in this topic

Over the past 3 years, I have been dealing with many of you by taking care of your pressing needs on the boards. I have worked for a majority of dealers and many board members resulting in a track record of 8,000 or more books pressed over the last four years. As a result of increasing interest, I have decided to publish pricing tiers for my services, which can include a discount on CGC grading fees.

For the months of October and November, CFP Comics will donate $1 to the Heroes Fund for every book submitted for Signature Series. CFP Comics is incorporated and insured.

Turnaround time

Turnaround times are generally between 5 to 7 days.

Signature Series Books

I will provide an all inclusive press and prep service for Signature Series books. All books will be pressed, bagged and boarded with a Mylite 2 window bag & fullback and then protected by a Mylar sleeve. I will also provide all the information about the book necessary for signing. The customer’s name, who is to sign the book, the creator, the location of the signing, the invoice number, the tier of service and any other pertinent information will be listed on the back of the bag. I can also fill out the paperwork for you in advance.

I am not acting as a facilitator but offering a service to get your books ready to bring to the shows for signing events. If you work out the logistics with CGC before hand I can deliver your books to CGC or a facilitator in advance to make sure they are at the correct show instead of mailing them back to you. I hope to act as a facilitator in the near future. Check the website periodically for any updates.

1980 to present will be $10 per book with a discount available for bulk submissions.

Pre-1980 books will be $12-$15 depending on value and era (i.e. early Silver to late Bronze).

Very early Silver and Golden Age will be $15 and up on a book by book basis. Price and the amount of prep work will determine the final cost.

I also offer a pre-screen service. This is $2 per book. That is flat across the board.

Blue (Universal Label) Submissions

The same pressing service as the signature series books, but submitted directly to CGC.

1980 to present will be $8 per book with a discount available for bulk submissions.

Pre-1980 books will be $10-$12 depending on value and era (i.e. early Silver to late Bronze).

Very early Silver and Golden Age will be $15 and up on a book by book basis. Price and the amount of prep work will determine the final cost.

I also offer a pre-screen service. This is $2 per book. That is flat across the board. Included in the pre-screen is a restoration check that involves checking the books under black light and a visual inspection. It is not the most extensive, but a lot of color touch can be detected this way.

Submitting to CGC

Go to my website, www.cfpcomics.com, for more information. I will be updating the website to reflect my new pricing structure shortly. Grading fee discounts begin at 15% when coupled with pressing services. The 5% savings can quickly add up on volume submissions consisting of 30 books or more.

Delivering books to CGC

Being two hours from CGC, I drive down at least twice a month for pick up and delivery of books. If you need submissions submitted earlier, I also offer a direct mail service and charge you the exact shipping fees.

If you have any other questions you may PM me here on the boards or email me at joeypost@hotmail.com

Thanks guys. I was working on some additional offerings but it seems I was beat to the punch by Stephen in his thread.

I will be offering on-site pressing at Wizard World Chicago and Philly this year(where you can also walk books over to CGC and have them graded on-site as well.) Not sure why you would want to pay multiples to have a book pressed at a show when you still have to mail it in.

This will be on a first come, first serve basis and pricing is listed below

1980 to present: $12 per book. This includes Signature Series books.

Pre-1980 is $25 per book

Books over $500.00 in value will be priced on an individual book basis.

Check the website (cfpcomics.com) soon for all the details.

I have already been asked by numerous board members if I will be offering on-site pressing in NY. The answer is no. Why pay multiples to have a book worked on where no on-site grading will take place.

What I will offer is a disount to anyone who approaches me in NY and says hello. Submit 20 or more books at a time (same tier of service) and I will discount 10% off of my already low grading fees just for the NY show. This will give me an opportunity to meet more board members as well as expand my customer base.

For example: Having 20 Bronze Age books pressed will cost just $180.00 compared to $1,100.00 to have those same 20 books pressed on-site in NY.

I have used Joey for quite some time when I want to have books pressed. For the quality, speed and trustworthiness, Joey is my choice and I recommend him to all the other non boardie dealer and store owners I know.

I also have trust that Joey is a professional, carries insurance, protects my books, and works with the highest integrity.

If you are new to the boards and don't know who you ought to use or are looking at the available options, I strongly recommend you consider Joe.

In being honest, I do understand Matt Nelson is an incredibly skilled presser, but the turn around times can be lengthy and the service expensive (albeit the quality is there). That said, I have had Joe press some very expensive books with superior results. So I believe Joe can handle almost any job with complete skill and trust.

I've sent in 2 batches of books to be pressed by Joey so far. The second time I told him I was approaching a deadline and needed the books back relatively quickly. He was very quick with turnaround times and I've found his prices to be very fair. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants a book pressed.

I spilled marinara sauce on my favorite polo shirt. Joey was able to get the stain out without any tell-tale greasy residue.

I would recommend Joey for anything.

I asked how he did it and all he said was, "Ancient Chinese secret."

That crazy, Joey. He's not your everyday Italian.

(thumbs u

I spilled marinara sauce on my favorite polo shirt. Joey was able to get the stain out without any tell-tale greasy residue.

I would recommend Joey for anything.

I asked how he did it and all he said was, "Ancient Chinese secret."

That crazy, Joey. He's not your everyday Italian.

(thumbs u

lol

Joey is the best commercial presser available for the price and turn around time, bar none. :sumo:

x 2. (thumbs u

Immensely short turn around with Joey.

I overnighted him a bunch of books prior to the Chicago Comic Con, and he pressed them in 2 days quickly with superior work on the books in that time frame.

He brought the books with him to the WW Chicago Comic Con, and I got my books in the same week pressed and then on-site CGC graded.

Example of one book:

Hulk #181 my "raw" grade prior to pressing was a 9.2 NM- OWW

Hulk #181 after Joey pressed with proper technique/care was CGC 9.6 OWW

Basically Joey was the closest thing I have ever seen to on-site pressing. :o

Friendly and easy to deal with at all times, and I have an order I will be shipping to him as we speak.

Joey is a good friend of mine as well.

John (SOT)

Joey is the ONLY person I have ever had press books for me. He has always been very good to me, and that can be difficult. His pre-screening is very good, he answered any questions I had, always took the best care of me, and treated me professionally and with respect. I will continue to work with Joey until he is no longer offering his services. I would and HAVE recommended him to others as well.

See you saturday Joe. And looking forward to seeing the current batch. (worship)