301 posts in this topic

1,304 posts

My contribution to the club :cloud9:

spider%20194083.jpg

10,301 posts
My contribution to the club :cloud9:

spider%20194083.jpg

Sharp looking copy. :applause:

This book is starting to flirt with the $1k threshold in a 9.8.

-J.

1,304 posts

Wow, you're right! Last 9.8 sold for $975. Also see where another sold for $1016.00 back in Dec.

6,239 posts
Mine came via subscription as 12 year old in 1979. Read once and put away. scan0013_zps3615a791.jpg

Cool story, looks like a sharp copy as well :applause:

+1 it is always nice to see OO copies in OO hands.

1,304 posts

beautiful copy (thumbs u

4,431 posts

Here are some of my copies; I also have a 9.6 from the other guys and I might have sold the CGC 9.6 below:

ASM194_96_zpsb2cf26ee.jpg

ASM194_98_W_zps043f5ec8.jpg

21,215 posts
Wow, you're right! Last 9.8 sold for $975. Also see where another sold for $1016.00 back in Dec.

Lastest GPA recorded sale on April 12, 2015 - $1200 - is a new high. This book is slowly creeping up.

10,301 posts

Lastest GPA recorded sale on April 12, 2015 - $1200 - is a new high. This book is slowly creeping up.

That's a pretty good size bump over the last sale. I wonder if JSC's obsession with the character has anything to do with it. :insane:

-J.

21,215 posts

That's a pretty good size bump over the last sale. I wonder if JSC's obsession with the character has anything to do with it. :insane:

-J.

Not sure. To be honest, I long thought that this book was an undervalued key and it looks like the market is now correcting (or overcorrecting - there are a lot of copies out there) towards that.

I would say right now it is more due to premature movie speculation than anything else. That being said, once the Black Cat is confirmed for a Spidey or other Marvel movie this book will run up fast.

Spidey fanboys + Marvel fanboys + Movie hype = big win! lol

10,301 posts

-J.

Not sure. To be honest, I long thought that this book was an undervalued key and it looks like the market is now correcting (or overcorrecting - there are a lot of copies out there) towards that.

I would say right now it is more due to premature movie speculation than anything else. That being said, once the Black Cat is confirmed for a Spidey or other Marvel movie this book will run up fast.

Spidey fanboys + Marvel fanboys + Movie hype = big win! lol

+1

I also notice that the book is "rare" in a 9.8 as a percentage of all submissions on the census (something like only a 9.6% pull through). Guess that black front cover is pretty unforgiving.

-J.

21,215 posts

Interesting. I actually thought it would be lower (closer to 5%) due to the black cover, but if that % still makes it harder to find than other late BA/early CA keys in 9.8 then that is another factor working in its favor. (thumbs u

2,441 posts

Just picked up this signed copy on CLINK! Very happy to be back in the club.

WFee43S.jpg

10,301 posts
Just picked up this signed copy on CLINK! Very happy to be back in the club.

WFee43S.jpg

That's a sharp 8.0 with great signature placement. Congrats ! :applause:

-J.

156 posts

got a copy of this for my daughter about 4 years ago and getting ready to send it to cgc. It should grade 8.5, would love to upgrade to a 9.6.

2,948 posts

This thread needs a bump. Here are my recently acquired copies:

1174967064_asm1941.thumb.jpg.800beeb7677699f8c0c78d34cfc87e1a.jpg

1592965785_asm1942.thumb.jpg.cf7a33d87dc83df71a877029d28539ec.jpg

45,765 posts

I know I've read somewhere around here, but are the ones with the line in the UPC Whitmans?

14,025 posts
9 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I know I've read somewhere around here, but are the ones with the line in the UPC Whitmans?

Pretty sure they are.

14,025 posts

I am not sure I ever posted mine. Had it raw for a long time before it visited Sarasota.

ASM194CGC.jpg

Edited by mysterio