The Official Commission Collecting Thread
33 33

2,298 posts in this topic

3,903 posts
On 2/20/2020 at 2:57 PM, NC101 said:

You have an amazing collection, I think I'll be drooling the rest of the day

Thanks, I like Michael's collection, too.  :) There are a lot of commisisons there!

Edited by alxjhnsn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,544 posts
On 1/27/2020 at 9:05 PM, RapsAndJays21 said:

Have this Fiona Staples piece. Anyone know what I should value you it dollar wise? :)

SptKfRN7_1711191116111gpadd.jpg

About $400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119 posts
On 2/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, NC101 said:

You have an amazing collection, I think I'll be drooling the rest of the day

Thank you so  much for the kind words -- there are lots of great commission collectors out there and I'm always thrilled when people like mine too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672 posts
13 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Just got my first ever commission in today. I grew up with Bagley's Spider-man in the early 90s and since then he's always been my favorite artist. All I asked for was Spidey and Venom - everything else was up to him. I'm ecstatic with what I got:

fkOc2H7.png 

Wow! Bagley's still got it. Sooo goood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355 posts

Wicked bagley piece. He is one if my top spidey artists too. And was lucky got a sketch from him 3 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
321 posts
4 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

37466828-0E08-4FD8-9CED-4467A8415991.jpeg

All the ones you posted are great, but I love this Zeck piece! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355 posts

Oh man if zeck is retiring soon glad I got a sketch from him 2 years back. Even though it's just a bust sketch. I would love another from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
536 posts
6 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Oh man if zeck is retiring soon glad I got a sketch from him 2 years back. Even though it's just a bust sketch. I would love another from him.

He’s already in retirement mode. He will make some very limited convention appearances but he was selling a lot of goods off his site to get rid of inventory. I imagine getting sketches moving forward ( nice finished ones ) will be very difficult . He was only doing portraits anyways . More detailed drawings he just hardly did anymore . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155 posts

My 1st commish. Happy and relieved. It came out great and didn’t take years. Here it is. by Bill Carman. 

If you care to read the hows and why, please check out my CAF link.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1609981

phantomtollbooth (1).jpg

Edited by dirtymartini1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,903 posts
2 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

My 1st commish. Happy and relieved. It came out great and didn’t take years. Here it is. by Bill Carman. 

If you care to read the hows and why, please check out my CAF link.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1609981

phantomtollbooth (1).jpg

If you ever want to do another, you might consider Janet K. Lee. She did The Return of the Dapper Man as a decoupage project and pen/ink and painted project. Very talented, very nice, interesting approach to her art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155 posts
11 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

If you ever want to do another, you might consider Janet K. Lee. She did The Return of the Dapper Man as a decoupage project and pen/ink and painted project. Very talented, very nice, interesting approach to her art.

Oh wow. Thank you for the suggestion. She is super talented. Soon as I saw some of her stuff, I thought wow, Cursed Pirate Girl in color! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,903 posts
2 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

Oh wow. Thank you for the suggestion. She is super talented. Soon as I saw some of her stuff, I thought wow, Cursed Pirate Girl in color! 

In spoilers for those that don't want to read about Janet and Jeremy. :)

Spoiler

Welcome. I think should would be perfect for a project like you posted. I do have a page from her Sea Sirens (A Trot and Cap'n Bill Adventure) with Amy Chu. It's the first of a series. Click to learn more about it.
image.thumb.png.94cfd9f795b22105f96589b952d8e469.png

As to CPG, I'm a fan. Click on the image to learn more about each piece.

My first "con sketch" from Jeremy.
 image.thumb.png.212f9208fb8ad890b4fe19314c77635a.png

My second "con sketch" from Jeremy
image.thumb.png.0257b78c93ae81fbe4144053ac960253.png

The first CPG commission Jeremy ever did!
image.thumb.png.21ccd31db851d6ccffead628c56dc2d7.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
33 33