• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Bronze Comic

67 posts in this topic

Batman #232 for me. Classic story, best artist of the BA (if not all time), and the 1st appearance of the best Batman villain since the Joker. (thumbs u

X-Men 129.

Only because it was the first X-Men comic I ever read, and--after years of resisting--it got me hooked. Byrne/Claremont at the apex, and the first appearance of two key X-Men players to boot.

Spider-Man 121. "The Night Gwen Stacey Died". Epic, Epic, Epic. I paid $11 for a VG/F copy back in about '79 or so when I was a little kid that I still have and use as a reading copy. Back then, $11 broke the bank for me because that was a lot of allowance money. But the only way to read that story back then was to buy the back-issue. I remember reading it and being absolutely stunned, even though I knew the ending (having read the clone/Jackal issues before buying 121).

X-Men #137 is a close second place, but not really BA.

Hello everyone!!

I'm new to the forums, so nice to meet you all....

As much as I am love with Gwen, I have to say it's a toss up between

Amazing Spiderman #129 (The Punisher)

Giant-Size X-Men #1 (New X-men)

Here are my special ones, I don't have them graded though..

5878658797_1b706109b1.jpg

5878659343_15a34faf51.jpg

5879219840_9035a04ec6.jpg

5878659967_af3d024ef2.jpg

X-Men 129.

Only because it was the first X-Men comic I ever read, and--after years of resisting--it got me hooked. Byrne/Claremont at the apex, and the first appearance of two key X-Men players to boot.

Me too. late for bronze, but huge impact on me and comics of the next couple decades. Even though it gets no respect.

Welcome to the forum Good to meet ya too. Nice books. Post some more cool books if you got any.

Hello everyone!!

I'm new to the forums, so nice t

o meet you all....

As much as I am love with Gwen, I have to say it's a toss up between

Amazing Spiderman #129 (The Punisher)

Giant-Size X-Men #1 (New X-men)

Here are my special ones, I don't have them graded though..

5878658797_1b706109b1.jpg

5878659343_15a34faf51.jpg

5879219840_9035a04ec6.jpg

5878659967_af3d024ef2.jpg

We should do a poll for the 50 best bronze age comics.

I agree with this! Plus it would help me with my Bronze Age keys checklist.

As for my vote, I'd have to go with Hulk 181 and Marvel Premiere 15. Simply because it's the first app. of two of my favorite characters!

Incredible Hulk #181 and Giant Size X-Men #1 are the Action #1 and Tec #27 respectively of the Bronze Age. :applause:

Yep!

1. Hulk #181 - 1st appearance of Wolverine, one of the most popular characters in the entire Marvel/comic universe and recognizable by pretty much any pre-teen in the US and most developed countries.

But I loooove the HOS #92 as well.

Incredible Hulk #181 and Giant Size X-Men #1 are the Action #1 and Tec #27 respectively of the Bronze Age. :applause:

Yep!

1. Hulk #181 - 1st appearance of Wolverine, one of the most popular characters in the entire Marvel/comic universe and recognizable by pretty much any pre-teen in the US and most developed countries.

But I loooove the HOS #92 as well.

Me too! :cloud9: