• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANDOM
3 3

504 posts in this topic

Kind of reminds me of hotel cons from ye olden days.

That's exactly what it was like.

How was Winstar? Would it be fair to say the entire Okla. weekend was a win-win?

Won $300. So yes, win-win, chicken din. Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you Monday.

Great pics :applause: more please

I'll see what I can conjure up. CrystalBall2.gif

Here's a few more... :insane:

28423eda-b887-4b01-be97-430fa35f5828_zpsenbnxdvz.jpg

c38e5c53-a687-43f5-b837-87eafd66eb43_zpsc7caeoj2.jpg

d9cf00aa-7f09-4d71-bce6-8acf11189fef_zpsrwjcplkc.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

It looks just like a typical British comic mart, as run by Golden Orbit, and especially so because of the TV Tornado Annual in the first image.

Great pics :applause: more please

I'll see what I can conjure up. CrystalBall2.gif

Here's a few more... :insane:

28423eda-b887-4b01-be97-430fa35f5828_zpsenbnxdvz.jpg

c38e5c53-a687-43f5-b837-87eafd66eb43_zpsc7caeoj2.jpg

d9cf00aa-7f09-4d71-bce6-8acf11189fef_zpsrwjcplkc.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

It looks just like a typical British comic mart, as run by Golden Orbit, and especially so because of the TV Tornado Annual in the first image.

Now that you mention it, there were a bunch of funny accents.

Here's a nostalgic thread from my David Merryweather daze that might benefit from a :bump:

And to get the ball rollin', here's a celeb pic taken in front of my table at the 2016 OAF con:

image_zpseozmnsxv.jpeg

Wally Wood diorama constructed by a long time fan for the convention show 'n tell panel...

image_zps6v8ldh9y.jpeg

Robert A. Brown doing his classic moose impression...

image_zpssyyfpg10.jpeg

Keep'em comin'! :D

Edited by Cat-Man_America

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2011 at 2:46 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Here's one where some guessing is involved. On the right is Robert A. Brown, in the middle I'm not quite sure (maybe Joe Bob Williams?) and on the left, again I'm not sure, but I think it may be Carl Barks, one of the featured guests of Multicon in OKC, where I took this one...

earlyconphotos-25.jpg

That is Robert A. Brown on the right side but it is George Evans on the left and Joe Vusinovich (sp?) in the center but who is no longer with us.  George is holding an old Colt replica and the bag contains black powder.  Robert remembers the moment very well because he got a piece of Evan's art that he really wanted.

3 hours ago, Yellow Kid said:

That is Robert A. Brown on the right side but it is George Evans on the left and Joe Vusinovich (sp?) in the center but who is no longer with us.  George is holding an old Colt replica and the bag contains black powder.  Robert remembers the moment very well because he got a piece of Evan's art that he really wanted.

Got any old photos of cons or Collectors Book store Rich?

More from the 2016 OAF-con.

Here are two more from the show-and-tell panel with the Wally Wood diorama...

image_zpswepowkp7.jpeg

Above: Diorama builder introducing Roger Hill who brought along several pieces of Wood EC art for display.

image_zpsqdm0icwm.jpeg

Wally Wood studio diorama.  Amazing miniature work recreating Wally working in his studio circa 1950's.

10 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Here's an old newspaper article I clipped back the 70's focusing on EC artist John Severin...

805c4975-2943-4f0f-b318-f14be8264b08_zps

Unfortunately, I don't have the newspaper attribution or date of publication.

Severin drew a Laverne & Shirley piece for the October 1976 issue of Cracked and Mel Schieltz was a photographer for the Rocky Mountain News in Denver.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I think Photophuckit is acting up again. I haven't been able to get on it since Thursday and some (not all of my photos) are not showing up. Guess I'll have to wait to show my new Tec #27...

Nope.  Just tested PB images on another site which shall remain unmentioned.  No problems over there.

This is entirely a CGC issue.  They own it.  I don't upload directly from an iPhone or unedited computer files, never have and never will.  I suspect that CGC has been futzing around with their new platform and screwed something up big time.

My buds who post here may not have an issue with any of this, but for me, losing PB uploading capability along with much of the FANDOM thread images is a deal breaker.

-Cat