• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about grading and marvel stamps

15 posts in this topic

lets say you have a comic thats missing the stamp and you come across a coverless copy with the stamp...would you get a higher grade on the comic without the stamp if you cut the stamp out of the coverless copy and taped it on the one that didnt have the stamp?

If I were to do anything, I'd remove the cover from the stampless and attach it to the coverless with the stamp... very carefully. It would have to be one heck of a book, though, and removing the cover is bound to do some damage IMHO

Taping is RARELY the answer (tsk)

It may be worth it label wise.

A book with the stamp taped inside will certainly get a blue label.

An incomplete book could result in a green label.

As far as switching the covers, I don't remember if a married cover is a green or purple label.

its a hulk 181 but even if it had the stamp it would get probably a 1.0 to 1.5..I never said i wanted to get it graded was just asking if it would make it a higher grade or not..

Oooh, I see. Got ya. Sorry I a$$-u-me'd (well, me not you). In that case it just might grade higher. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the hell do I know? :)

its a hulk 181 but even if it had the stamp it would get probably a 1.0 to 1.5..I never said i wanted to get it graded was just asking if it would make it a higher grade or not..

Oooh, I see. Got ya. Sorry I a$$-u-me'd (well, me not you). In that case it just might grade higher. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. What the hell do I know? :)

Apparently not the first thing about Nightcrawler's Paternal lineage. :baiting:

Oops. Jumped threads there. But do tell :gossip:

hahaha, I was just being a jokester!

hahaha, I was just being a jokester!

Got me :blush:

Ah well, it was a revalation to me.

thanks for the information...Sounds like its not worth it and if I got it graded (which I wont ) that it would probably get a green or blue label..Guess ill just stick with a stampless copy a coverless copy and a copy that has both stamp and cover