• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Top 10 Bronze Age Covers

63 posts in this topic

The more I see Gil Kane covers, the more I think he was a very underrated artist. Especially his Bronze Age stuff.

Here is one of my favorite BA covers - Kane along with Pablo Marcus

37b01c5f.jpg

That one almost made it in, but did not survive the final cut, great cover though.

Brunner was a master and at the top of his game with the first few issues of Dr Strange.

When I was buying in the 70s, I didn't much appreciate Brunner. Much of it because I was a snot-nosed kid who didn't really know quality when I saw it. He was one of the top artists of the 70s for sure.

Here's another under appreciated artist. He did some good Kunk Fu covers Fear 20, Logans Run 6 and few magazines. Never really found his character like Miller or Grell but still a great artist.

Probably my favorite Spiderman cover of the 1970s and there were some good ones. This one is just better than ASM 101 112 121 129 136 among others. Team up 4 9, PPSS 1, All subjective of course. I guess when you compare issue 8 to it's surounding it really stands out. Sign of a great artist to me.

scan0222.jpg

Then my picks in no particular order

Green Lantern 76

Creepy 32

Batman 227

Batman 232

Batman 251

Hulk King Size #1

Giant Size X-Men #1

House of Secrets 92

Defenders #10

Amazing Spider-Man #122

Invaders#1

Weird War Tales #1

Amazing Spider-Man #151

Werewolf by Night #32

I know it's more than ten,but how can you pick just ten.

Besides 129 this is my favorite bronze Spidey:

I was waiting for someone to post this, as it's one of my faves and it scored very high (maybe top spot) in the BA covers run-off we did here. When ASM 136 hit the stands, I took one look at the cover and immediately picked it up and zipped home to read it - and that's really the goal of the cover in those days.

Here's another I really love:

132902.jpg.36f6902458d891a02a124527cc2e46cb.jpg