• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the rarest magazine you own?

237 posts in this topic

I have 2 Charlton Rock and Roll magazines from 1956...scanner is down,but they are really nifty.

Then not very rare,Vampirella 3.

And I am not sure how hard Montsters to Laugh With by StanLee are,have all three of those.

Probably the Ace King detective 1 from the 30's it followed Detective Dan and is among the earliest comic books though it is a magazine size format

Have tons of other older magazines and dime novels of all types but the yare not that valuable in spite of being quite scarce

George Hagenauer

Just looking at all 15 pages in this thread. I never even know most of these magazines existed. Still not sure what some of them are. Maybe I need a crash course in magazines? lol.

I was all excited to post my Vampirella #3 and #113, too, until I saw what everybody else has posted.

ISSUE #1 (FEBRUARY 1975)

No 1 UK version

Regular cover - Manuel Sanjulian £0.30

The Origin of Vampirella

Artist - José Gonzalez / Writer - J. R. Cochman

An extended version of Vampirella's origin, with more information about Drakulon and her relationship with Tristan. A slight variant on the Warren origins, both Vampirella nd Tristan approach the spaceship from Earth, and Tristan is killed by the "laser blasts" of the Earthmen.

A completely new (though familiar) origin story for Vampirella. This issue is a real collector's piece if only for a Jose Gonzalez story that was never published in the USA.

Backing up the Vampirella story is a collection of Warren horror reprints; Wolf Hunt (Esteban Maroto/Joe Wehrle, from Vampirella #14), Cry of the Dhampir (Auraleon/John Jacobson from Vampirella #22), and As Though They were Living (Richard Corben/ Gerry Boudreau - from Vampirella #30).

There is also a text only story The Call of the Dead (uncredited).

The text stories were translations of stories from the German editions of Vampirella.

vampi1uk_zps4b1c9647.jpg

Not sure how rare these are, but they are seldom found. Not the most desirable Curtis/Marvel magazine for most :)

_Image0112.jpg

- bounty

Amazing piece. :applause:

I'm reading the definitive history of Hitler right now: Alan Bullock's "Hitler: A Study In Tyranny."

Good stuff.

ISSUE #1 (FEBRUARY 1975)

No 1 UK version

Regular cover - Manuel Sanjulian £0.30

The Origin of Vampirella

Artist - José Gonzalez / Writer - J. R. Cochman

An extended version of Vampirella's origin, with more information about Drakulon and her relationship with Tristan. A slight variant on the Warren origins, both Vampirella nd Tristan approach the spaceship from Earth, and Tristan is killed by the "laser blasts" of the Earthmen.

A completely new (though familiar) origin story for Vampirella. This issue is a real collector's piece if only for a Jose Gonzalez story that was never published in the USA.

Backing up the Vampirella story is a collection of Warren horror reprints; Wolf Hunt (Esteban Maroto/Joe Wehrle, from Vampirella #14), Cry of the Dhampir (Auraleon/John Jacobson from Vampirella #22), and As Though They were Living (Richard Corben/ Gerry Boudreau - from Vampirella #30).

There is also a text only story The Call of the Dead (uncredited).

The text stories were translations of stories from the German editions of Vampirella.

vampi1uk_zps4b1c9647.jpg

That's a tough book in that condition, very nice. :applause:

I probably love this one the most though :luhv:

20100322173438_00001.jpg

How funny, I didn't even know she was in Playboy. My ex is friends with her and my friends' son played last year soccer on the same team as her son.

Well now you have something to talk about,hubba hubba. :luhv:

20100322173438_00001.jpg

How funny, I didn't even know she was in Playboy. My ex is friends with her and my friends' son played last year soccer on the same team as her son.

lol

20100322173438_00001.jpg

lol

I can't believe they only gave her a 7.5. CGC's grading is really off these days :insane: