• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Original Royer BATMAN & a TINKERBELL

5 posts in this topic

This TINKERBELL is an original I got for my sister. She's into faries (the magical kind (tsk) ). The design was used for a series of collector pins. Now I just need to find the pins. I assume the blue pencil was to indicate darker shades in the final design. Going to start looking online. I forgot to ask him the year and it's too late to call. doh!

RoyerTinkerbell.jpg

This simple little BATMAN sketch was lined with pigment pen and filled in with soft lead pencil. All Royer, no other artist involved.

RoyerBatman.jpg

Not as cool as comic page art, but I love this simple little collection I'm building (except for the faries. When it comes to Disney I always liked TIGGER.

I surprise myself by liking the Tinkerbell drawing better than the Batman one. It is really very charming.

Royer is a fine artist in his own right with a long and successful career. One could argue that he has not "gotten his due" - existing in most people's minds as "Jack Kirby's inker".

Very nice. It makes a refreshing change to see a Mike Royer solo signature.

+1

I have some of Royer's lovely fairy tale art like Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. I almost bought 5 1930s style Minnie and Mickey Mouse drawings off him at SDCC, 2011. :cloud9:

I think I saw those in his portfolio's (thumbs u (<<<

I surprise myself by liking the Tinkerbell drawing better than the Batman one. It is really very charming.

Royer is a fine artist in his own right with a long and successful career. One could argue that he has not "gotten his due" - existing in most people's minds as "Jack Kirby's inker".

So true. The art he has for sale is mostly Disney, and there is a LOT of it. I feel quite privileged being able to get to know him outside the Convention setting. Living less than 10 minutes away is pretty cool and I'm happy to be able to help bring him more exposure since, as you say, he hasn't "gotten his due." He's a great guy (thumbs u

Nice pieces!

Thanks Bill :hi: I've already laid claim to his original designs for the t-shirts sold at the STAR TOURS attraction way back in '87 :applause: