• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

$214 shipped over 16 years ago.  I believe the raws were still $0.25 to $2 everywhere at the time.

I remember bidding $333.33, but I think the 2nd highest bidder was right around $200.

It's recorded on GPA.

Yep, $204 not counting shipping, January 2003.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:
12 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

$214 shipped over 16 years ago.  I believe the raws were still $0.25 to $2 everywhere at the time.

I remember bidding $333.33, but I think the 2nd highest bidder was right around $200.

It's recorded on GPA.

That was back in the days when no one had any idea how rare 9.9s and 10s would actually be.

53 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
55 minutes ago, valiantman said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
4 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's recorded on GPA.

That was back in the days when no one had any idea how rare 9.9s and 10s would actually be.

Correct, at the time I purchased the CGC 10.0 (it had the point-0 in the olden days, children) Rai #0, the census would have been about 30 copies total. Now it's at 2,600 copies graded... still just the one CGC 10.  Weird to think that $40,000 in grading fees alone have gone toward finding another CGC 10 Rai #0 and no luck so far.

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Correct, at the time I purchased the CGC 10.0 (it had the point-0 in the olden days, children) Rai #0, the census would have been about 30 copies total. Now it's at 2,600 copies graded... still just the one CGC 10.  Weird to think that $40,000 in grading fees alone have gone toward finding another CGC 10 Rai #0 and no luck so far.

You are the Master of Your Domain!!

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I even have the jacket.

3094d218830aaa6c42e7dbc7864206f6.jpg

But, to be fair, I'm not the original owner. It belonged to some guy named "Kevin".

b18d33a46fffaeb44bed88638c3a9dd1.jpg

I think he created "Bloodshorts" or some character like that... but I think the character is in the Rai #0 book, so it all ties together.

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

But, to be fair, I'm not the original owner. It belonged to some guy named "Kevin".

b18d33a46fffaeb44bed88638c3a9dd1.jpg

I think he created "Bloodshorts" or some character like that... but I think the character is in the Rai #0 book, so it all ties together.

latest?cb=20170703052012

...?

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Bloodshorts" is a coming of age 80s Lifetime movie...totally different.

It starred a teenage Jean Claude Van Damme and Claire from facts of Life.

52 minutes ago, Bird said:
56 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Bloodshorts" is a coming of age 80s Lifetime movie...totally different.

It starred a teenage Jean Claude Van Damme and Claire from facts of Life.

You mean Blair, not Claire.  Mrs. Garrett is not proud of you.

19 hours ago, valiantman said:

Yes and no. I don't believe it would be possible to grade that many and not get a 10. A 9.8 is a 10 in a lot of cases.

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
19 hours ago, valiantman said:

Yes and no. I don't believe it would be possible to grade that many and not get a 10. A 9.8 is a 10 in a lot of cases.

The whole concept of 9.9 and 10 is pretty shaky as a "science", so I'm more confident in the statement that it's the first Rai #0 CGC 10.0 graded, it's the first Valiant comic (of any issue) CGC 10.0 graded, and one of only two Valiant books to ever get a CGC 10.0 label because they switched to CGC 10 (without the point-0) on the larger grade labels soon after. All comics roll off the printer with the same "potential" to be special, but some are pristine, some are damaged before shipped, some are trashed after reading, and some end up being a random Golden Age book that Elvis was photographed reading on a train.  Otherwise, there's nothing special about any of them. lol

28 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The whole concept of 9.9 and 10 is pretty shaky as a "science", so I'm more confident in the statement that it's the first Rai #0 CGC 10.0 graded, it's the first Valiant comic (of any issue) CGC 10.0 graded, and one of only two Valiant books to ever get a CGC 10.0 label because they switched to CGC 10 (without the point-0) on the larger grade labels soon after. All comics roll off the printer with the same "potential" to be special, but some are pristine, some are damaged before shipped, some are trashed after reading, and some end up being a random Golden Age book that Elvis was photographed reading on a train.  Otherwise, there's nothing special about any of them. lol

It's the first (and only) Rai #0 GIVEN a 10.0 tomb. Not all books roll off the printer as a 10. That's the whole idea behind the universal label. If you graded them how they came off the printer, there would be a lot of 9.8-10's that would not be perfect but the best that came off.