• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, kimik said:

Did you take a look at the Spawn 25 2nd print wraparound cover that is coming out in a couple of weeks by any chance?

spawn 25 2nd print wrap??? Never saw anything of the sort...where is that shown?

Are you referring to Venom 25 2nd print?

20 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Hell Arisen 3 9.8 has been selling steady at 130-150 since CGC slabs of that book started coming in. Saw one go for 165 this week. Punchline hype is real plus print run is low a third of Batman 89 or 92 at around 35k total copies and most stores either didnt order many or any at all. WB reserved right to use her in upcoming film so I recommend holding onto a couple as I don’t see her going away any time soon DC is pushing her hard and Tynion has a good handle of Batman right now and says he plans to keep her relevant so fingers crossed. Batman 96 is first appearance clown hunter so be on look out for that one. Although it won’t be as rate as Hell Arisen 3 as it will most likely be closer to 100k print run.

I'm thinking I'm gonna put some $ into the 3rd prints of Hell Arisen 3 soon.  1st print is out of my league already.

Just now, kimik said:

Yes. Venom 25 2nd print wraparound. Sorry, my typo.

Oh yes, already have a "handful" of these ordered through 2 places.  Might up the ante a bit more on this one.  Rapoza 2nd print might be good as well seeing as that 1st print cover of his is the breakout book from the the regular covers group.  The rest were all kinda phoned in to me.

5 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

What did these sell for raw near their peak? 

Thanos 13 was an awesome play due to all of the variants. There was a 1:10, 1:25, trading card and head shot variants. I sold my raw regular issues for $20 the first couple of days, then up to $100 at the end. Some of the variants sold for $150 - $200 raw at the peak. I wish I had been able to snag one of the 1:25s, but someone beat me to those at the closest LCS to work.

6 hours ago, kimik said:
6 hours ago, divad said:

Which is why no one here is actually, "wealthy." lol

Oh, there are boardies that post here who have turned comic money into equity investments that would be deemed wealthy now as a result..........

Perhaps, but no one that posts in this thread . . . . And I'll go so far as to broaden that to this forum. :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, divad said:

Perhaps, but no one that posts in this thread . . . . And I'll go so far as to broaden that to this forum. :bigsmile:

I think you would be surprised. I know of at least a couple of boardies who post in the modern forum from time to time that meet the generally accepted net worth criteria to be considered wealthy. 

Thor #5 makes no sense, why is this book selling for 4 times cover rice? It just came out, there was a huge wait time between #4 and #5 surely people had plenty time to put their orderd in?

LCS had the 1:25 for $60 already, they got in 5 copies, luckily the owner knows I collect 1:25 and have bought all the Thor ones so far so it was kept aside for me and I got it for $15. No ways I would pay $60 for a newly released book.

1 hour ago, IbukiLord said:

Thor #5 makes no sense, why is this book selling for 4 times cover rice? It just came out, there was a huge wait time between #4 and #5 surely people had plenty time to put their orderd in?

LCS had the 1:25 for $60 already, they got in 5 copies, luckily the owner knows I collect 1:25 and have bought all the Thor ones so far so it was kept aside for me and I got it for $15. No ways I would pay $60 for a newly released book.

Trying to rationalize why people pay what they do for comics will drive you crazy.

in regards to prices for new comics, this is common. Every couple months there is a book look this.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Trying to rationalize why people pay what they do for comics will drive you crazy.

in regards to prices for new comics, this is common. Every couple months there is a book look this.

I've had people tell me that it was a great read and that they were going to pick up the previous 4 issues (thumbsu 

without ruining, something about "Harold!"  @Crops068

QuickSlimAnteater-size_restricted.gif

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

Right now we have the perfect storm. Free COVID cash + reduced store orders + no conventions = high prices on hot new releases and copper/modern keys.

It’s been that way since mid March

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've had people tell me that it was a great read and that they were going to pick up the previous 4 issues (thumbsu 

QuickSlimAnteater-size_restricted.gif

Close but no ciger..... :P (spelling on porpoise)

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hmm, 5 issues in. Wait two months for a $15 trade or pay $75 now. hm

5 hours ago, kimik said:

Right now we have the perfect storm. Free COVID cash + reduced store orders + no conventions = high prices on hot new releases and copper/modern keys.

Glengarry.jpg.88dd575f1223f61867744aa35316d975.jpg

Let me have your attention for a moment.

So you’re talking about what? You’re talking about, complaining about that sale you lost, some son-of-a-gun that doesn’t want to buy, somebody that doesn’t want what you’re selling... Let’s talk about something important.

Are they all here? … Well, I’m going anyway. Let’s talk about something important.

Put that coffee DOWN! Coffee’s for flippers only.

Do you think I’m messing with you? I am not messing with you. I’m here on a mission of mercy. Your name’s ComicFan? … You call yourself a flipper you son-of-a-shill? …

The good news is you suck. The bad news is you’ve got just one week to regain your profits, starting tonight. Starting with tonight’s auction. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good.

You get the picture? You laughing now? You got watchers. Ebay paid good money for that site. Get their attention to sell them!

You can’t close on the books you have, you can’t close squat! You ARE squat! Hit the bricks pal and beat it ’cause you are going out. …

"Oh, the buyers are weak." Stinking buyers are weak!? YOU'RE weak! And you can’t play in a man’s game!

You can’t sell them - then go home and tell your mom your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this game. Get them to bid on the book which is listed.

A-B-C. A-always, B-be, C-closing. Always be closing. Always be closing.

A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention; did I get your attention? Interest; are you interested? I know you are because it’s sell or walk. You sell or you hit the bricks. Decision; have you made your decision to bid!? And action. A-I-D-A; get out there.

You got the prospects looking’ at your books; you think they're looking to buy raincoats? Guy doesn’t browse comics online unless he's a collector.

They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?

What’s the problem pal? You see this watch? You see this watch? … That watch cost more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that’s who I am. And you’re nothing. Nice guy? I don’t give a spit. Good father? So what, go home and play with your kids.

You wanna sell books? Close!

You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you corksucker? You can’t take this, how can you take the abuse you get from a picky buyer?

You don’t like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the books you got, make myself fifteen hundred dollars. Tonight! In two hours. Can you? Can you?

A-I-D-A. Get mad. You sons-of-a-britches. Get mad!

You know what it takes to sell comics? It takes brass balls to sell comics. Go and do likewise, gents. The money’s out there, you pick it up, it’s yours. You don’t, I have no sympathy for you.

You wanna put up books tonight and close, close, it’s yours. If not you’re going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. “Oh yeah, I used to sell comics, it’s a tough racket.”

These are the new buyers. These are the Covid-Stimulus buyers. And to you, they’re gold. And you don’t get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They’re for closers.

I’d wish you good luck but you wouldn’t know what to do with it if you got it...

Edited by jcjames