• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That is a nice Artgerm cover. Add in a likely low print run, and you have a winning combination.

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

Interesting how Batman New 52 #3 used to be the one that got more $ for court of owls folks, but now it is #6? Or did #6 always get $? I owned a lot of #3s, not #6

it was always 6... maybe you're thinking of first Talon vs first Court of Owls.. I remember 6 being a solid $15-20 comic even b4 movie rumors 

20 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Last Ronin 1 may get pretty hot next week... several people at the LCS were complaining to the owner that they couldn't get first prints next Weds

IDW wasn't able to print to orders, and advised retailers there'd be an allocation down to 80% of orders.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:38 PM, maidenmate91 said:

I appreciate the info, but the chances of that publisher sticking around in a dying comic industry are slim to none. I wish them all the luck, I wouldn't pay $1000 for a book, that is an extremely volatile price. That said I think the comics coming through indiegogo are more exciting than that. The amount/level of effort and excellent customer service coming from Richard C. Meyers, EVS, and Jon Malin are bar none. ART BELOW: Graveyard shift 3, Jawbreakers: grand bizarre, Cyberfrog: rekt planet, and Kozor: descent into madness. 

y6cvqalq1axumltzkiir.jpg

ovveiqvnhiosaiuyzuv4.jpg

EL0H7sSXsAA62w_.jpg

EWM8kEkXkAANFwr.jpg

EdjqwlvUcAAfj6I.jpg

gtipli8mdpu0g3yuvmv9.jpg

h3x4xoufeexdv9qq8zuz.jpg

The art looks well executed. Here's my ignorant opinion on a new comic company hanging around ......... if you can sell enough comics to break even, keep yourself entertained, build a niche audience, string together some story lines  .. ba bing, maybe netflix or amazon or hulu or .... basically the list is endless nowadays ... buys the rights and makes a show.  Zenoscope ges screen credits in Van Helsingf even though the TV show seems pretty far from the comics. Or the person writing the stories, if they're any good, maybe becomes the next Jim Zub or Michale Fiffe and gets a real paying job eventually in comics (a good artist will find work if they can meet deadlines)

23 minutes ago, littledoom said:

it was always 6... maybe you're thinking of first Talon vs first Court of Owls.. I remember 6 being a solid $15-20 comic even b4 movie rumors 

I was getting $25 + for #3 a few years ago

can someone fill be in on the modern Brave and the Bold #33?

Is it something I should look out for? I don't own a copy, but saw one at the store, it just made me curious with sales of $30......

@littledoom ? some help? :wishluck: 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it something I should look out for? I don't own a copy, but saw one at the store, it just made me curious with sales of $30......

https://www.cbr.com/the-brave-and-the-bold-33/

lol I did a little digging, don't know if that site is trustworthy......

Here is the story, I found a newsstand copy of this issue by happen stance, but didn't buy it doh!

Got home to look it up, since it was the only modern newsie I found and the pricing and description everywhere just made me ??? 

but I think I got it now it's a little meh 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, kimik said:

I am curious to see how long the Last Ronin 1 hype can hold prices up. Sounds like the print runs are extremely high on it for a TMNT book.

Agreed.  Huge print run but the demand seems high too.  I'm pretty interested in reading it....a sole surviving turtle in a dystopian cyberpunk future.... count me in. 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
On 10/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, kimik said:

I am curious to see how long the Last Ronin 1 hype can hold prices up. Sounds like the print runs are extremely high on it for a TMNT book.

Agreed.  Huge print run but the demand seems high too.  I'm pretty interested in reading it....a sole surviving turtle in a dystopian cyberpunk future.... count me in. 

I don't believe demand is huge. I think speculation is huge. Watch the print run for the 2nd issue. That will tell you all you need to 
know.

8 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
On 10/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, kimik said:

I don't believe demand is huge. I think speculation is huge. Watch the print run for the 2nd issue. That will tell you all you need to 
know.

What does, if anyone,  think about TMNT #110? With the ronin preview? 

On 10/16/2020 at 9:03 PM, fastballspecial said:

Static is going to blow up again this weekend.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, BishopT said:

I only have one regular cover and a newsstand edition left, so yea I’m probably out on Static for now.

I've sold three (now four) in the last 22 hours or so at $70 on ebay and sold a regular version at the flea market today for $40. It was a book I bought for years every time I saw it a buck and picked up 18 at a $1 at once from a guy in Savannah last year. I just have to figure out how many I'm going to sell now and how many I'm going to keep for a while. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That’s been a longterm minimum $20-30 comic book over the years. Killing Joke tie in story. The current Three Jokers 3-issue mini series has several references to Joker and the Bat family’s run-ins. I don’t own a copy but if you can find one for $5-10 I would pick it up. It’s like Suicide Squad 48 & 49.. Booster Gold 5 (2008) also has a KJ story 

Edited by littledoom

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

That’s been a longterm minimum $20-30 comic book over the years. Killing Joke tie in story. The current Three Jokers 3-issue mini series has several references to Joker and the Bat family’s run-ins. I don’t own a copy but if you can find one for $5-10 I would pick it up. It’s like Suicide Squad 48 & 49.. Booster Gold 5 (2008) also has a KJ story 

Plus Booster 5 has that killer Killing Joke homage

4 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Ya see the Newsstand thread I went back and picked it up, it's only about VF, but thanks for letting me know. I didn't know if a tie in to killing joke would prove sustainable. The story of zatanna seeing the future as unavoidable may be quirky, but still uneventful lol

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya see the Newsstand thread I went back and picked it up, it's only about VF, but thanks for letting me know. I didn't know if a tie in to killing joke would prove sustainable. The story of zatanna seeing the future as unavoidable may be quirky, but still uneventful lol

You'll be fine. People love Zatanna and Killing Joke. Only 21k+ listed on Comicchron so not a ton out there either. I've only found 3 or 4 in the last 7 years or so. 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, kimik said:

Retailers are not getting what they ordered. Speculation or fan hype, doesn't matter at this point.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/retailers-tmnt-last-ronin-ordered/

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What does, if anyone,  think about TMNT #110? With the ronin preview? 

Isn't the ashcan that was released months ago a preview?