• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Invincible 1 thru 12 are obvious winners. 

Honestly, 1 thru 20 are great to get for the right price. 

#19 has always had interest.  Once Battle Beast gets the glory he deserves, this will seem cheap. 

A couple issues that do well and are worth grabbing (still decent price now):

• #44 - 1st Anissa (I sure do love this issue)
  • #110 - Has been hot since the day of release.  It's doing very well again.  Still not sure if this will be included in the Prime show.  
  • #111 Blank - Very surprised to see how well and consistently this version sells for.  

Patrick

On 2/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, pkveronese said:

Love is Love is beginning to be the only one I care about the more this discussion is rehashed.

I got my variants delivered today, looks like prices are all over the place on ebay, from 25 to 300... I ordered 4 and 2 of them are going in to cgc for potential 9.8s

20210205_144628.jpg

7 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

FWIW, my high schooler showed me a few pics of the comic below (Miraculous Adventures #1) and said that kids are really into this right now because of a game coming out in April. So I did a little research and there seems to be a little bit of interest but not too crazy at the moment. Currently, these Free Comic Book Day issues are pretty easy to find cheap.

I have absolutely no idea what the future holds but just putting it on watch for now to see if postings and sales start ramping up. From what I can tell so far there was a series in 2017 and 2018.

ZAG GAMES ANNOUNCE FIRST GAME FOR THE ROBLOX PLATFORM BASED ON MIRACULOUS | Licensing Magazine

Miraculous Adventures #1 May 2018, Action Lab Entertainment Free Comic Book Day | eBay

Thanks for the heads up on this. That character is definitely everywhere on Netflix and other places these days. My son always grabs one of those comics for my daughter when we go to the LCS because we call her ladybug.

If there ever is movement on the comics, I’ll need to get new copies. The ones I have have been “well read” by a 2 and 4 year old lol 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks for the heads up on this. That character is definitely everywhere on Netflix and other places these days. My son always grabs one of those comics for my daughter when we go to the LCS because we call her ladybug.

If there ever is movement on the comics, I’ll need to get new copies. The ones I have have been “well read” by a 2 and 4 year old lol 

Miraculous has some staying power. It has had little to no marketing for the past two years and it's just as hot as it ever was. My kids love the show, plus, it's distributed by Disney+ now (at least the new movie is) as well as netflix.

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

Invincible 50-51 2nd print, 60 2nd print, 89 2nd print

59DDC1A6-395F-4BEC-B59E-A54F78F54BDB.jpeg.bb5044b0943c3232ce1a28998e4f0d2e.jpeg

So is Invincible returning or is a spinoff in the works? (shrug)  I am aware of the Amazon show, I was just curious to know what is in the works.  Maybe I overlooked something..

2 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

So is Invincible returning or is a spinoff in the works? (shrug)  I am aware of the Amazon show, I was just curious to know what is in the works.  Maybe I overlooked something..

Animated show with an unconfirmed possible live film forthcoming 

I mean no disrespect to anyone here and to the seller if they are on these boards. Can someone explain to me what I am seeing here and those corners? Did this book have a printing defect? (shrug)  This does't have sharp corners at all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Invincible-1-CGC-9-8-CERT-3712007001-1st-App-Invincble-Omni-Man-1st-Printing/233786955197?hash=item366ec9d5bd:g:p5oAAOSw9fFftW82

Edited by carter3175

36 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

I mean no disrespect to anyone here and to the seller if they are on these boards. Can someone explain to me what I am seeing here and those corners? Did this book have a printing defect? (shrug)  This does't have sharp corners at all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Invincible-1-CGC-9-8-CERT-3712007001-1st-App-Invincble-Omni-Man-1st-Printing/233786955197?hash=item366ec9d5bd:g:p5oAAOSw9fFftW82

Hmmm...well I see some lower grade comics posted there that do not have the same obvious issues on the corners. That seller's feedback is comfortably high on that platform so that takes other negative possibilities out of the equation to some degree.  After seeing the photos as best as we are able to I am surprised at the grade as well. Looking at the CGC Registry, it was graded in Sept. 2020 as a 9.8 - so not a label misprint if it was actually graded lower...(shrug)

47 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Yes the bindery corner issues are a known defect. You’ll see several 9.8 with the same characteristics

You aren’t disrespecting the seller, he didn’t certify and slab the book himself. 

56 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

a 9.8 isnt perfect

Not sure what people think about the ASM 55 craze but the third print virgin variant has gone up for sale. If you’re in the UK it’s on Scott’s Collectables again if anyone is interested, I think it’s all via Gleasons site if you’re in the US.

1 hour ago, carter3175 said:

Maybe he bought them from this guy. Seems like selling labels should be a no no.

CGC cases for sale with labels

Edited by HotKey
Fixed

42 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I missed out too...and bought an ebay one...woe, to be a completist...:sorry:

Ha! Ditto, I'm fighting the urge to buy as well at these prices! I'm just watching a few auctions but that most likely won't turn out well either. I have some of each print so far so I'll just have to live with what I have for now. :taptaptap:

18 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Ha! Ditto, I'm fighting the urge to buy as well at these prices! I'm just watching a few auctions but that most likely won't turn out well either. I have some of each print so far so I'll just have to live with what I have for now. :taptaptap:

I managed the other virgins so how could I not? $69.99 isn't terrible...but its found money for the other guy