• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, bellrules said:

When I bought mine on release date in 1991, the split was 50/50 on the dozens of copies I got from my LCS. I’ve noticed the same kind of split in the copies I keep finding locally. It’s an interesting variation, but don’t think there’s much of a difference between the two. The newsstand I don’t see that often. 

If you find a negative UPC, that would be one to grab for sure.

9 minutes ago, bellrules said:

When I bought mine on release date in 1991, the split was 50/50 on the dozens of copies I got from my LCS. I’ve noticed the same kind of split in the copies I keep finding locally. It’s an interesting variation, but don’t think there’s much of a difference between the two. The newsstand I don’t see that often. 

I don't think that would be normal, unless maybe the store was getting there copies from multiple sources. The negative UPC was printed first and the press was stopped to correct the error. When Greg Buls/Bulldog/Kingpin was running his distribution center back in the late 80s-early 90s he noted that all of his copies came from the early/negative UPC run. Most people either got the Negative UPC or the regular one, thus creating the false illusion for a period of time that the Negative UPC was scarce. Over time, as these books were moved in bulk around the country, I'm sure dealer stock has blended to the point where both versions are commonly available everywhere.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Is there a reason you think preacher might come back? New adventures of arseface? Saint of killers maybe, but is that actor enough to carry a series? I dunno. The starr actor is a tremendous actor (he is on the crown), but again, I think he is done. I just don't know where it would go.

I’m just feeling bad for all those who dropped big money when it was hot back in 2016

New Mutants keys are stone cold (except 98).. first issue, first legion, warpath, warlock, shatterstar... hopefully X-Force 1 being hot will do something to those “keys”... X-Force 11 1st Domino is cold also... all those Hope Summers keys also... perhaps this is the time to buy before DP enters the MCU

5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

New Mutants keys are stone cold (except 98).. first issue, first legion, warpath, warlock, shatterstar... hopefully X-Force 1 being hot will do something to those “keys”... X-Force 11 1st Domino is cold also... all those Hope Summers keys also... perhaps this is the time to buy before DP enters the MCU

give it some time. X-men books are heating up. I'm seeing better prices on many of the X-Men keys that are slowing moving the non-key books including pre new team. I would suspect that post Byrne run (copper) would move at some point and eventually some of the newer books (modern).

1 hour ago, jcjames said:
11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes I have found a couple. Also found some with other cards as well. Most of the time though I find them after they have
been opened.

The negative and newsstand are always the ones you want to find. Now add the DP card to those as well and its a little
tougher to find. 

Is there any indication that the negatives had lower print/distribution than the regular? I assume the newsstands in 1991 were the lowest in distribution. 

I would tend to agree I tend to find Negatives easier then newsstand, but I have no data to support it.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:29 AM, littledoom said:

I think LOTDK 50 should be worth at least $20 based on the awesome cover.

A seriously undervalued book.The series on the whole has numerous spotlight covers and some great stories. I would recommend picking these up in bulk high grade whenever you find them. The same goes for any HG Batman ltd.s and one-shots.

Just now, divad said:

A seriously undervalued book.The series on the whole has numerous spotlight covers and some great stories. I would recommend picking these up in bulk high grade whenever you find them. The same goes for any HG Batman ltd.s and one-shots.

Gotham By Gaslight is undervalued.. I think Wizard Magazine 1 might see a big pop ... also 30th Anniversary this year in September 

2 minutes ago, divad said:

Batman 450 & 451 don’t sell for much. You’d think they would be at least solid $10 comics and together $20-30 sets but they’re really only $5 books

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

X-Force 11 should be cold, since it is absolutely not the 1st Domino.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

I completely agree here, but still buy what appeals to you (or buy them all) - whatever your MO is.