• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, the blob said:

huh? he did the cover to 8 and 11 and did some of the pencils in 8 at least? He has an incentive to pump both books, given that 11 has deadpool on the cover you'd think that in itself would help him sell sigs

yeah, the whole thing perplexes me, because #8 is most clearly not the fake Domino, right? It is the real one in a flashback and she is on the cover, and I think she is in enough of the book that it isn't really a cameo? it's the whole gambit thing again, except at least gambit is not on the cover and barely has a role in the x-men annual

Yeah, she's on almost every page of the main story, as relevant as every other character in the look into Cable's past. The framing sequence is mostly about Cable.

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

We should trust Rob Liefeld when it comes to Domino, because a Domino's character was actually based on Rob Liefeld.

1350066690_250px-The_Noid_Dominos1.png.bb0a75bb7efe99d9308f22a99e94d21c.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Noid

Oh dammn!

"Kenneth Lamar Noid

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill man who thought the ad campaign was a personal attack on himself, entered a Domino's restaurant in Chamblee, Georgia, armed with a .357 Magnum and held two employees hostage for over five hours.[8] After telling the employees that Domino's owner Tom Monaghan had stolen his name, he forced them to call Domino's headquarters and demand $100,000 and a white limousine as getaway transportation.[8] After offering to exchange one hostage for a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid reneged on his offer after a police officer brought him the book.[8] Noid eventually became hungry and forced the employees to make him two special pizzas.[8] While Noid ate the pizzas with his gun in his lap, the hostages escaped.[8] Noid surrendered to the police shortly after.[9] After the incident, Police Chief Reed Miller told reporters, "He's paranoid."[10] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity.[11][12] Noid spent time in a mental institution, but committed suicide in 1995.[13] This incident has been insinuated to have caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot,[14] though this has been rejected by the company and advertisers.[15]"

2 minutes ago, jcjames said:
7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

We should trust Rob Liefeld when it comes to Domino, because a Domino's character was actually based on Rob Liefeld.

1350066690_250px-The_Noid_Dominos1.png.bb0a75bb7efe99d9308f22a99e94d21c.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Noid

Expand  

Oh dammn!

"Kenneth Lamar Noid

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill man who thought the ad campaign was a personal attack on himself, entered a Domino's restaurant in Chamblee, Georgia, armed with a .357 Magnum and held two employees hostage for over five hours.[8] After telling the employees that Domino's owner Tom Monaghan had stolen his name, he forced them to call Domino's headquarters and demand $100,000 and a white limousine as getaway transportation.[8] After offering to exchange one hostage for a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid reneged on his offer after a police officer brought him the book.[8] Noid eventually became hungry and forced the employees to make him two special pizzas.[8] While Noid ate the pizzas with his gun in his lap, the hostages escaped.[8] Noid surrendered to the police shortly after.[9] After the incident, Police Chief Reed Miller told reporters, "He's paranoid."[10] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity.[11][12] Noid spent time in a mental institution, but committed suicide in 1995.[13] This incident has been insinuated to have caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot,[14] though this has been rejected by the company and advertisers.[15]"

Meanwhile, Rob "The Noid" Liefeld wore Levi's jeans in a commercial instead of learning to draw feet, never knowing Domino's based their character on him.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

we don't do it enough if it keeps coming up 

Was the desired result achieved this time around?

I simply mentioned that sales for X-Force 11 in 9.8 are increasing, actually doubled, in the last month. I then concluded by saying it was one of the last modern keys to do so.

The next response I get is from GeeksAreMyPeeps and he states that "There's nothing "key" about X-Force 11.

OK, but that actually isn't true. CGC (and several other sources) have made X-Force 11 a key regardless of whether they are right or wrong to do so. I too do not agree, the key for the character "Domino" should be NM 98 and I agree the key for Neena Thurman as Domino is X-Force 8. I didn't challenge this though.

I then clarified my point of view in my next post by insinuating that there are multiple keys for Domino. Perhaps I should have been more clear, I wasn't challenging which issue was the singular key for Domino's first appearance, I stated that there are multiple keys for Domino. Again right or wrong, there are multiple keys for Domino's first appearance.

Next is Lazyboy's response where he says the following:

:facepalm:

Like I've said previously, these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons don't even know what they're buying, let alone why. X-Force 11 is nothing, definitely not a key, though I guess it at least has Deadpool on the cover. (shrug)

Is your post directed at me or comic buyers in general? Your post comes across as very condescending and really out of nowhere. Before posting on the forums should I be familiar with everything you have posted before? It is clear that your frustration is being carried over from previous conversations that you have had on this topic which I was not part of (I have since gone back and read the relevant thread on this from I believe from 2015). My original post is mentioning that it is increasing in value, I did not intend to infer that X-Force 11 is the singular key for Domino's first appearance. I only intended to get the point across that its value has increased relatively substantially over the past month. It even had a $420 sale over the weekend. Yes I did mention that it is a key because it is. Again, there are a few sources that declare it to be (I'm not debating whether they are right wrong). Clearly the market in general at least partially accepts it as a key for it to be worth more than X-Force 8. Reading your response again, while I initially thought you were targeting me specifically I see now that you probably weren't, just the market in general.

To clarify my point, I posted a reference to the three key issues for Domino. This then set off some personal attacks towards me. Your initial response was fine, again, I'm not arguing that X-Force 11 is the first appearance over X-Force 8. 

Jeffro. insinuated that I might be punking the boards. Not really doing that no, my initial post highlighted rising sales for X-Force 11. I see now that mentioning that this book as a key at all triggers some people, OK, I see that now. We all define keys differently I guess, I don't rely on CGC as the sole source for determining what a key is, but as the leading grading company, it is reasonable to conclude that they have a say, even if they have incorrectly defined a book to be key. Until they remove that label, it is a "key".

Your next point Lazyboy inferred that I am illiterate, drooling and something else that was censored... perhaps you are crossing a line there? You make it clear that you are directing this at me in your next post when you state that you hope I wasn't being serious. What could I be joking about? I stated sales. It is increasing in value which is on topic for the thread. Whether you like it or not, based on all sources available, there are some sources that have X-Force 11 as a key, again, right or wrong, it is what it is. I also don't agree with this classification, but here we are. 

Again, maybe personal attacks are not necessary? Anyway moving on, curious to see if it continues to increase in value over the next month. If I bring it up again, I will refer to it as a Deadpool appearance.

Edited by eddly

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:
7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Auctions are feast or famine. Mostly famine.

not if you know what you are doing. but i agree, it can sometimes backfire

Yes there are some sellers that have mastered auctions. Its take alot of time and building
up their customer base. 

That being said the only problems I ever have on ebay are in auctions so I limit them for that reason.

5 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

This would qualify as heating up...

EAA62334-E035-4802-A868-0C2C0465BC8A.jpeg

Fuuuuuu**....I sold my 9.8 signed by McFarlane a couple years ago for $250. At the time, I was smoking crack regularly I guess.

I dont normally regret selling things that I make money on, but Im already at around $80,000+ potential lost profit on things Ive sold in past 2 years or so. :/ 

42 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I could really not care about X-force 8 or 11 like ever. Just saying.

What if they were newsstand :baiting: 

Edited by jsilverjanet

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Apparently, yes. There are 2 different first printings, depending on whether you're looking for the DC version or the Warner version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WATCHMEN-by-Alan-Moore-and-Dave-Gibbons-1987-1st-First-Printing-Paperback/164732831238?epid=226534&hash=item265ad78606:g:V0EAAOSwJSlfZhlD

That’s the version I have and it states 1st print