• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, FormerReader said:

Any idea why this book is going for so much?

Lots of new characters, the story is written "Kirby-style," and it's possible that the print run is tiny... similar to Divinity #1 (2015) 1:40 variant, which has a similar market price.  Eternity is essentially "Divinity IV" but will likely be expanded into a bigger story.

Edited by valiantman

48 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Lots of new characters, the story is written "Kirby-style," and it's possible that the print run is tiny... similar to Divinity #1 (2015) 1:40 variant, which has a similar market price.  Eternity is essentially "Divinity IV" but will likely be expanded into a bigger story.

Thanks man! I guess I never get why some books take off where others don't when they share all the same characteristics. 

39 minutes ago, FormerReader said:

Thanks man! I guess I never get why some books take off where others don't when they share all the same characteristics. 

It's hard to make the call this early, though.  Lots of publishers enjoy a first month excitement, and six months later no one cares about those variants.  Depending upon how the story goes (and the reported order numbers), this book (like all others) will settle somewhere. I'm not a fan of first month excitement, unless it's just to inform collectors to look for a local deal.  If this book is $40 at an LCS, it's one to grab.

Edited by valiantman

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

It's hard to make the call this early, though.  Lots of publishers enjoy a first month excitement, and six months later no one cares about those variants.  Depending upon how the story goes (and the reported order numbers), this book (like all others) will settle somewhere. I'm not a fan of first month excitement, unless it's just to inform collectors to look for a local deal.  If this book is $40 at an LCS, it's one to grab.

I’ve got two in Sarasota...fingers crossed for a first to market 9.8!

54 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So some books moving well. I try to stay away from high end variants unless you can find them cheap in $1 boxes.
Haven't done this for awhile. Some will be copper books I will double post them for you OCD people.

Stan Lee meets ASM - This book has done well for many years, but really has moved up this year. All the other Stan Lee meets will also appreciate over time so if you find a nice copy for $1 its worth it.

Marvel Age issues are really starting to get recognition for their covers and true 1st appearances. Now sometimes I disagree  with the 1st app label, but several are staring to appreciate and really some are well deserved.

Image newsstands 1s continue to sell well for me in high grade some Spawn issues several very well in mid grades because they are  tough to find.

With newsstands completely disappearing now is the time to track down when Marvel stopped and when DC did as well those last few issues will drive collectors nuts looking for them.

I about fell over when I saw some of the sales on raw Web of Spider-man 18. At first I thought it was market manipulation, but there really are some people paying well for this book currently.

Superman 189 has been selling well at $10-15 currently due to new TV show in development.

New Avengers 11/27 doing well for Ronin

Teen Titans 12 New series doing well off the back of Metal

Many ASM 2nd prints in high grade do exceptionally well.

Deadly Class 1 selling well.(I have some buried somewhere.)

Black Panther Hip Hop variant is doing well

DCU logo variants selling well some as much as $25 a piece depending on scarcity
Most around $5-10 in high grade. Some are very tough.

One to watch here Deathstroke 16 2016. Lets see if this book continues to sell high. Tough to find apparently.

Daredevil 111 Variants Unreal what one sells for

Deathstroke 60 about time this book gets some respect

Tron Variants look to be appreciate up as well.

The book I read recently I enjoyed Stabbity Bunny may surprise some in a few months when it comes out.

Some solid tips in here.  

What do you think of Venom 38 (first appearance of the symbiote Mania)? Looks to be selling briskly and a solid $20 book in high grade raw now.  I'm wondering if that has anything to do with that symbiote reportedly going to Lee Price and becoming "Maniac".  

-J.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So some books moving well. I try to stay away from high end variants unless you can find them cheap in $1 boxes.
Haven't done this for awhile. Some will be copper books I will double post them for you OCD people.

Superman 189 has been selling well at $10-15 currently due to new TV show in development. - What a horribly ugly cover. I wasn't aware of the heat on this, though, so thanks!

New Avengers 11/27 doing well for Ronin - About time as I've been buying these for years out of $1/under boxes. Odd that he actually first appears on the cover of #7.

Daredevil 111 Variants Unreal what one sells for- Just to clarify, it's the Aja variant, not the Dodson one.

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
  4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Superman 189 has been selling well at $10-15 currently due to new TV show in development. - What a horribly ugly cover. I wasn't aware of the heat on this, though, so thanks!

New Avengers 11/27 doing well for Ronin - About time as I've been buying these for years out of $1/under boxes. Odd that he actually first appears on the cover of #7.

Daredevil 111 Variants Unreal what one sells for- Just to clarify, it's the Aja variant, not the Dodson one.

Unsure on New Avengers I just was looking at ended sales for those.

DD 111 Both variants are doing well. The Aja one does better overall due to scarcity, but both are selling well.

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Some solid tips in here.  

What do you think of Venom 38 (first appearance of the symbiote Mania)? Looks to be selling briskly and a solid $20 book in high grade raw now.  I'm wondering if that has anything to do with that symbiote reportedly going to Lee Price and becoming "Maniac".  

I am sure that is a large part, but the book is also toward the end of the run and the print run was lower as well. Ugly cover though.

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

DD 111 Both variants are doing well. The Aja one does better overall due to scarcity, but both are selling well.

He appears on the cover of 7, but not inside the book at all. There was a discussion somewhere about what to treat as a first appearance in that case.

48 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am sure that is a large part, but the book is also toward the end of the run and the print run was lower as well. Ugly cover though.

It's definitely on the more highly stylized side. :)

I do think the cover to Venom 31 (first app. Andrea Benton, before she gets the symbiote) is a cooler cover.  Kind of have to give them a some credit for trying something a little different with the 38 though. Not many copies of either on the census.  I think you're  right about the print runs.   

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

18 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

He appears on the cover of 7, but not inside the book at all. There was a discussion somewhere about what to treat as a first appearance in that case.

Doesn't he also appear on the variant of issue 1 as well?