• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:
21 hours ago, divad said:

Just a reminder guys . . . this thread is called:

How are trades and omnibuses NOT moderns that are heating up on eBay? For all the knowledge that is shared on here, I am shocked at how people disregard another part of the same hobby.

Agreed. 

55 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

How are trades and omnibuses NOT moderns that are heating up on eBay? For all the knowledge that is shared on here, I am shocked at how people disregard another part of the same hobby.

Uh, because they're not. :grin: Here's a thought . . . start a thread about, "Trades and Omnibuses" :idea: Or would it be "Omnibi?" lol

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:
23 hours ago, divad said:

Just a reminder guys . . . this thread is called:

I’m shocked that some people are such rigid thinkers that interesting and relevant related discussions are frowned upon.

Do we need separate threads for moderns selling at shows, at LCSs, on Comiclink, Heritage  etc, etc?  lol

13 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

I think they question is more, have they been heating up or have they been selling at those prices for years? (shrug)

But, I will say it's nice to see some relevant information on something that sells for more than $10.

I think tpb's and HC's that sell for more than their cover price is relevant especially if they are out of the shrink in the case of HC's.  Let's face it, just like most modern floppies, if you can even get what you paid for them you're doing well.  If you can sell these things at a premium, or even multiples of cover price, then that should fit in this thread IMO.

6 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

I think tpb's and HC's that sell for more than their cover price is relevant especially if they are out of the shrink in the case of HC's.  Let's face it, just like most modern floppies, if you can even get what you paid for them you're doing well.  If you can sell these things at a premium, or even multiples of cover price, then that should fit in this thread IMO.

agreed. I would think that tpbs and HCs are relevant if published in the modern era regardless of the era of the original source material. This post and the others like it are less relevant than the HC or tpb posts!

3 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Here are some recent sales of omnibuses (the correct usage of the word; not omnibi):

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=marvel+omnibus&_sacat=3954&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

Actually, you're wrong. Omnibus doesn't even mean what you dorks say it does. You think that the frequency of misuse makes it "correct" lol freakin' illiterates.

1 hour ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Pump and Dump

Yea, another person that doesn't know what the meaning of that is.

It's a result of mindless noobs spending good money on garbage because it's on a phone app.

Edited by ygogolak