Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
101 101

48,662 posts in this topic

17,814 posts
18 hours ago, Awax said:
18 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

This time it's Blumhouse, I think it gets made and made well. I used to have a lot of #1s but finally started purging them in the past year. I still have many of the ongoing series 1st and Image series.

Maybe that 1st appearance will get a bump.

I am sure it will. Its very difficult in 9.4 or higher. There are a lot of error copies in the first series as well which will sell well.

They also had 2 books that were pulled from Diamond and had to be sold only by their website so they are harder to find as well from V1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,538 posts

My memory is alittle short but I think I had this Witnessed back in 2012, long story short CGC notified the Witness, who then notified me asking whether I want to receive a "SS Slab" graded at 0.5 or a "Qualified Slab" designation, Needless to say I was bumed-out. Hopefully the IP goes right into filming, as I'm curious to know what this would go for lately.

Hack Slash Error.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,814 posts
1 hour ago, Dimebag_D said:

My memory is alittle short but I think I had this Witnessed back in 2012, long story short CGC notified the Witness, who then notified me asking whether I want to receive a "SS Slab" graded at 0.5 or a "Qualified Slab" designation, Needless to say I was bumed-out. Hopefully the IP goes right into filming, as I'm curious to know what this would go for lately.

Hack Slash Error.jpg

I have 2 or 3 of that issue. The pages are inverted I thought it was weird as hell until I found another copy with the same issue. I wondered if anyone else had any.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,459 posts
On 11/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, the blob said:
On 11/28/2018 at 3:39 PM, darkstar said:

No they would be profits. Because Divad offers high-grade in-demand books and I'm pretty confident in saying he likely doesn't pay much for them. But instead of selling them for profit at or slightly above the market price he'll sit and wait for the top dollar which often means waiting 6 months and re-listing the book over and over again.

Yeah, but he does get some dizzying results from that approach on $2 books.

I was more thinking if he sold them for the quick buck there wouldn't be profits. Not so much the hot stuff, but the generic stuff he sometimes gets nice prices on where I see the same book in what might be the same shape selling for $2. Sometimes it pays off to hold out.

I'm sure divad's business model will change at some point in time . . . but for now it will stay that of a lazy man. New listings and shipping is work, and between my real job and my family, time is a luxury. :grin: It's a good thing I enjoy it! The thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of the sale!:whee:

Edited by divad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,926 posts
10 hours ago, divad said:

I'm sure divad's business model will change at some point in time . . . but for now it will stay that of a lazy man. New listings and shipping is work, and between my real job and my family, time is a luxury. :grin: It's a good thing I enjoy it! The thrill of the hunt and the satisfaction of the sale!:whee:

3rd person divad! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,230 posts
18 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

I see it going to $100 when 2019 starts. 

Or less once Diamond does a dump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 posts

That’s what I thought. I feel the years biggest surprise was the Spider-Gwen Ghost 1 Hyung Lee Variant. I passed opening week at 189. Then in a couple of days it popped off. 

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll hold picking this one up at its current 200 #. 

Edited by Gotham227
Added quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,541 posts
13 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Oh FFS. Really? TO THE LONG BOXES!

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,010 posts

Looks like Black Hammer 1 from 2016 is getting hot especially the SDCC edition.  Selling now for $175-$200 for a raw book. 

Edited by musicmeta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411 posts
On 12/3/2018 at 1:31 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Oh FFS. Really? TO THE LONG BOXES!

Yup. Spent about an hour the other day going through misc. boxes in my attic to find that I only have one copy of #3 and no #5s. Thankfully, I found another #3 at 2nC later that day and still haven't found a #5. I may list one of my #3s but I'm not sure if this is a hold or not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,582 posts

@Nico Esq

Forgive my ignorance, but why is everyone saying Infinite Crisis 3 & 5 are doing well, due to the Blue Beetle, when the Blue Beetle first appears in Infinite Crisis #1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,582 posts

I assume it's because you put it as Blue Beetle (Reyes)? so there was more than one Blue Beetle? I think that I got it now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,987 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume it's because you put it as Blue Beetle (Reyes)? so there was more than one Blue Beetle? I think that I got it now....

It all stems from a comic spec media outlet (that's a really nice way to say it) reporting the "news" with those issues identified as the key issues.  They were selling the issues as a pair last time I checked on eBay.  The spec market is bannanas right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
968 posts
6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume it's because you put it as Blue Beetle (Reyes)? so there was more than one Blue Beetle? I think that I got it now....

Reyes again!!!!  First he was 3rd Ghost Rider, Now a 3rd Blue Beetle...Such an unoriginal .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,230 posts
1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

There was also reports that Valkyrie was getting looked at for her own film in phase 4 but this was quickly overshadowed by a definitive statement regarding the future of Shang-Chi as a film property.  I'm not sure where the Valyrie news came from.  This was first reported after her character did not appear in Avengers 4.  Nevertheless, her first appearnce and key variant cover spiked.    
 

There is nothing substantial about the recent Valkyrie news. The actress said she wanted a movie with the director of Creed II. There are actors all the time saying they want to play this or that character. Doesn't mean anything.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/28/creed-ii-director-steven-caple-jr-valkyrie-movie-tessa-thompson/

 

50 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Reyes again!!!!  First he was 3rd Ghost Rider, Now a 3rd Blue Beetle...Such an unoriginal .  

Blue Beetle Reyes was first. One is DC, one is Marvel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
968 posts
10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There is nothing substantial about the recent Valkyrie news. The actress said she wanted a movie with the director of Creed II. There are actors all the time saying they want to play this or that character. Doesn't mean anything.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/28/creed-ii-director-steven-caple-jr-valkyrie-movie-tessa-thompson/

 

Blue Beetle Reyes was first. One is DC, one is Marvel.

Blue Beetle

 1.Dan Garret; 

2. Ted Kord;

3. Jaime Reyes.. 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

Edited by Jaydee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
101 101