Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
101 101

48,715 posts in this topic

9,239 posts
Just now, Jaydee said:

Dan Garret;  Ted Kord; Jaime Reyes.. Call it as I see it..

Quiet Son Adults are Talking

Um, what exactly are you "calling". Jamie Reyes came 8 years before Robbie Reyes. Reyes is in the top 15 for most common Hispanic last name in the US.

1,993 posts
6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
   1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

There was also reports that Valkyrie was getting looked at for her own film in phase 4 but this was quickly overshadowed by a definitive statement regarding the future of Shang-Chi as a film property.  I'm not sure where the Valyrie news came from.  This was first reported after her character did not appear in Avengers 4.  Nevertheless, her first appearnce and key variant cover spiked.    

There is nothing substantial about the recent Valkyrie news. The actress said she wanted a movie with the director of Creed II. There are actors all the time saying they want to play this or that character. Doesn't mean anything.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/28/creed-ii-director-steven-caple-jr-valkyrie-movie-tessa-thompson/

I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the "news" source that he did report based upon that old article.  If that is the source of his reporting, I am very disappointed by the reporting.  He has been dead on with some of his stuff before it hit other press sources so, I'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Only time will tell.  I, of course, remain very cautious about actually spending money on this character as a potential spec/invest opportunity.  

975 posts
4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Um, what exactly are you "calling". Jamie Reyes came 8 years before Robbie Reyes. Reyes is in the top 15 for most common Hispanic last name in the US.

Edited for your Clarification of my intent... which was Humor... and The joke goes with the "Heating up  Infinite Crisis were $1 fodder for years similar when Robbie heated up  GR on AOS"  but I get it...

I know what you are about...,.

giphy.gif

9,239 posts
8 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Edited for your Clarification of my intent... which was Humor... and The joke goes with the "Heating up  Infinite Crisis were $1 fodder for years similar when Robbie heated up  GR on AOS"  but I get it...

I know what you are about...,.

Yea, getting the correct facts out there can be a real bother.

2,697 posts

Shadowman (Volume 4; 2013 series) are doing well. Valiant variants tend to do fairly well since there aren't many to go around, but the A & B covers are getting heat on this issue as well.

9,239 posts
57 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Shadowman (Volume 4; 2013 series) are doing well. Valiant variants tend to do fairly well since there aren't many to go around, but the A & B covers are getting heat on this issue as well.

Am I searching wrong?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=shadowman+4&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

2,697 posts
9,239 posts
26 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

OK, I guess it's selling. Seems to be $5 or less. Valiant 1:20 and up variants have sold well for years. Although, they have dipped a little in the last 6-8 months.

2,539 posts

Just like that, New Avengers 11 and 27 and flying off of ebay at funny face prices.  Trailers rock.  :headbang:

413 posts
2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Just like that, New Avengers 11 and 27 and flying off of ebay at funny face prices.  Trailers rock.  :headbang:

I just listed a nice New Avengers #27 for $45 and it sold within five minutes. Hopefully my #11 isn’t far behind. Now, I’m wondering if I should list my newsstand copies of those issues...

4,022 posts
33 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I just listed a nice New Avengers #27 for $45 and it sold within five minutes. Hopefully my #11 isn’t far behind. Now, I’m wondering if I should list my newsstand copies of those issues...

Yes. Yes. A thousand times YES

413 posts
2 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I'm leaning towards keeping them for my PC, as I do with most of my newsies, but I'll have to see how these prices are holding out. If they go much higher I just might.

On a related note, aforementioned #11 just sold for $40 (it's not in quite as good of shape, and 27 seems to be selling higher on its own for whatever it's worth) 15 minutes after listing. 

5,022 posts
3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Damn, sold mine back when he didn't show up in Infinity War. Just seemed too shaky to me. I made good money on them, but I could have made better money! Oh well, can't win 'em all.

975 posts
1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Offering a Graded 27 out there Recived 2 offers Fast...Hopefully someone bucks up the xtra $20 by tonight

861 posts
7 hours ago, Second Blight said:

thats a different Ronin

It doesn't seem to matter, if you clicked on the link, you'll see all the copies of New Avengers #11 that sold on 12/7 (today) and the prices were going higher.

109 posts
9 hours ago, Second Blight said:

thats a different Ronin

Yeah, we all know. Tell it to the market.

53,032 posts
On 12/2/2018 at 10:31 PM, FlyingDonut said:
On 11/29/2018 at 5:05 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Back on track...………..

Infinite Crisis 3 & 5 (especially the Beetle cover of 5) are on fire. Just sold a pair for $40. 3 is the first Jaime Reyes and 5 is the first time he becomes the new Blue Beetle. DC just announced he's in development for a solo movie. 

Oh FFS. Really? TO THE LONG BOXES!

I turned down the opportunity to buy IC #3 and #5 for $5 each on Wednesday. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

$1? Heck yeah. $5? Pass.