• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2017 at 4:33 PM, Rip said:

Well on another note I can't believe how hot Venom 1 the Gold variant has gotten.

I've had it up for a day or two, its at $76.00 $102.50 and I have 74 views and 26 watchers.

Hasn't it been selling for more than that for a while?

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Hasn't it been selling for more than that for a while?

Last two raws went $140 each. Really kicking myself for passing up a raw a few weeks back for $60 now.

And then you have,most interesting guy in the world who doesn't always just jump feet first into that which he does not know...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Funeral-Pyre-W-The-Punisher-1993-1-GOLD-Ultra-Rare-NM-/201970926335?epid=85511473&hash=item2f0667c2ff%3Ag%3ABMQAAOSw~CFY7YiZ&nma=true&si=eywzBjgnb88fgMSwr6gQZXL3SZc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 10/9/2017 at 2:29 PM, kevhtx said:

My only thought about the sauce is I wonder if people are actually eating it. But, I agree with this. Back to comics. I assume there has to be something out there heating up on eBay. Haha.

eBay had a 20% off promotion for NYCC this weekend so I grabbed some raw NYCC exclusive books, but don't know if any of those are actually moving real well. I haven't seen any blowing up out there. I got some Realm and Sink books.

Speaking of NYCC exclusive books, I picked up a couple copies of Donny Cates's Atomahawk NYCC Red Foil variant (hit stores this past Wednesday) after hearing him talk about it at a panel. (Sounded like a wild ride; it's a book that he created with his tattoo artist.) I later realized that one of the two copies I picked up didn't have the foil. I went back to the booth to ask about that, figuring that I had been changed a convention-exclusive price for a regular edition. (The con exclusive is the same as the regular edition, just with foil on the logo and some of the art.) Turns out that some of the con exclusives were printed without the foil. The guy at the booth mentioned he had pulled "3 or 4" but apparently mine got through. The UPC on the regular edition indicates it's version 1, while the con exclusive is version 3. My non-foil book has the same UPC as the con exclusive.

Hopefully this book gets the attention that some other of Cates's books have gotten.

24 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

So what do you guys think of the Good Morty book that came packaged with Season 1 Blu ray? CGC is saying this is their 1st true appearance? Worthy investment or just another pump and dump?

It may be a bit too early to say due to not knowing the initial run of Season 1, but as a fan I personally see it as the Rick and Morty book to own if you value the series first appearance in comics.

I know I’m personally rooting to land a 9.8 The Good Morty for my PC more than I am for the #1 1:50 Roiland variant it that says anything. 

31 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

It may be a bit too early to say due to not knowing the initial run of Season 1, but as a fan I personally see it as the Rick and Morty book to own if you value the series first appearance in comics.

I know I’m personally rooting to land a 9.8 The Good Morty for my PC more than I am for the #1 1:50 Roiland variant it that says anything. 

I just picked one up for $65.00. No way I'm going to pay the crazy prices on the flebay lol  This is also going into my PC. 

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

So what do you guys think of the Good Morty book that came packaged with Season 1 Blu ray? CGC is saying this is their 1st true appearance? Worthy investment or just another pump and dump?

It's much more difficult then I thought to find them. I would still recommend selling them currently. Or u can wait to see what slabs do 

15 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

I just picked one up for $65.00. No way I'm going to pay the crazy prices on the flebay lol  This is also going into my PC. 

Does it come with any Blu-ray season 1... of Rick and Morty....?.. it's at a Target by me for like 20 bucks... But it's not in the description that it comes with the comic...?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Sorry had to edit... It is at a Target by me for like twenty bucks but it doesn't say that it comes with a comic inside the Blu-ray. Just curious if it was advertised on the Blu-ray case...? If that makes sense

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does it come with any Blu-ray season 1... of Rick and Morty....?.. it's at a Target by me for like 20 bucks... But it's not in the description that it comes with the comic...?

It does not come with any Rick and Morty Season 1. It was only in the first run they did a couple of years ago. So it is unlikely that any copies are sitting on a shelf in a Target at this point. 

Also, none of the packaging from the initial run stated that a free comic was inside. 

Just now, IntoAnother said:

It does not come with any Rick and Morty Season 1. It was only in the first run they did a couple of years ago. So it is unlikely that any copies are sitting on a shelf in a Target at this point. 

Also, none of the packaging from the initial run stated that a free comic was inside. 

I appreciate the heads up :) 

7 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

I don't know anything about this book (other than what I literally read this past hour), but are you talking about there was a 1st print? It does look like there are additional runs of it that are in sets and some are still in some stores if they still have old stock. Supposedly, the later runs of the blurays had stickers but the dvds didn't. Some people are finding them still, but not many. And I guess there were 250 signed by Roiland and Harmon. Roiland said it on Twitter.

3d508e5b67b885ba1c124179c014a7c6.jpg

05ff82e50d0772ae38a52dd7b8cd37c5.jpg

Edited by kevhtx

12 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I don't know anything about this book (other than what I literally read this past hour), but are you talking about there was a 1st print? It does look like there are additional runs of it that are in sets and some are still in some stores if they still have old stock. Supposedly, the later runs of the blurays had stickers but the dvds didn't. Some people are finding them still, but not many. And I guess there were 250 signed by Roiland and Harmon. Roiland said it on Twitter.

3d508e5b67b885ba1c124179c014a7c6.jpg

05ff82e50d0772ae38a52dd7b8cd37c5.jpg

Nice find Kevin, I wasn’t aware that some of them had stickers. 

I was just referring to the initial run of the Season 1 DVD’s and Blu Rays. I didn’t intend to imply that The Good Morty had multiple printings. As far as I know that’s not the case. 

Yes, 250 of them were signed and stamped by Justin and Dan. I’d absolutely love to track one of them down for my PC!

Here is a pic Justin posted a while back that shows the stamps...

A9E0DB9B-E532-4873-A859-726742C38431.jpeg.2f7dc4f9b7a92a2bcb0619df99ea61ae.jpeg