• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

You should also look into the various "Tie-In" books for that series.  For example, Teen Tians #12 is the full first appearance of the Batman Who Laughs (his cameo appearance was in the Casting).  The "tie-in" books are spread throughout the DC main titles like the Flash, Justice League, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Suicide Squad and Teen Titans...not sure if I missed one in there....

I'm guessing that just like TT #12, the first full apearance of the Red Death will be in the Flash crossover.....

BWL cameo/1st appearance is Metal 2......no cameo in Casting

6 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

BWL cameo/1st appearance is Metal 2......no cameo in Casting

1st full appearance of BWL is Teen Titans 12. For the cameo....it depends on what CGC says as there is a full panel showing all of the dark knights on the last page of the Casting.  

Edited by Mapleleafvann

18 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
On 3/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This is the "moderns heating up" thread. Not the "moderns that I'm disappointed aren't heating up because I stocked up on the hopes they would" thread.

A) Yes, because every other post in this thread implicitly follows the laws of the title. 

B) I have a whopping two copies. 

C) There are 5 sales in the last 3 days of $20+ including a $40 (!) copy today, which is the highest single raw sale in the last three months. 

Edited 17 hours ago by Hey Kids, Comics!

STRIKE! (while the iron is hot):whee:

Edited by divad

Beat me to the punch.  After reviewing prices on Thanos last night, I was completely stunned. 

I agree that they won't hold.  

To me, the killer will be ending the series after #18 and changing the creative team.  

But it has been a super fun ride. 

Patrick

24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I really love the big scans. Front cover, bottom of top staple, above the "r" in Marvel on the top banner.

:foryou:

Yep, take any 9.8 out of it's plastic and submit them to the same revealing light (and size) and you'll see many more than those tiny imperfections. :foryou:

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

:roflmao:

Again, have you ever submitted a book? That's definitely not true.

He just pulls out his monocle and calls it an ebay 10.0

3 hours ago, divad said:

Yep, take any 9.8 out of it's plastic and submit them to the same revealing light (and size) and you'll see many more than those tiny imperfections. :foryou:

Looks like a finger bend and not one of those "tiny imperfections". Between that and the corners, it's a hard pass. 

35 minutes ago, godparticl said:

Should I try to jump on an ASM 300 now or do y'all think it will cool down after the movie? It's getting out of my reach now

why do you want one now vs say....3 years ago?  I'd wait til 6-10 months after the movie.  But this is a comic unlike any other.  It was steadily going up even without the movie.

40 minutes ago, godparticl said:

Should I try to jump on an ASM 300 now or do y'all think it will cool down after the movie? It's getting out of my reach now

Find it at a yardsale. That's how I got my last copy.