Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
107 107

49,604 posts in this topic

34 posts

Spider ghost just broke 700 wow. still waiting for my collectors pack from stadium comics its kinda weird the pack cost me 150 and to see just that 1:100 just sell for $712 damn near a week after release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,340 posts
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Two dozen copies on Ebay in the last 48 hours alone.  But it's #rare and should be at $1500 before the end of the week.  ;)

-J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,042 posts

Is there any reason why this book is that hot?? A ratio of 1:100 should be just $100 after a week not x7??? First appearance?? Major death?? First artist cover?? First “spider-wang”??? (DC done it why not Marvel)

 

im asking since I passed on this regular book last week.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146 posts
1 hour ago, combiner1 said:

Is there any reason why this book is that hot?? A ratio of 1:100 should be just $100 after a week not x7??? First appearance?? Major death?? First artist cover?? First “spider-wang”??? (DC done it why not Marvel)

 

im asking since I passed on this regular book last week.......

"Spider-Wang" has already been done. People seem to forget that Marvel actually did it first. Check out the formerly "heating up on Ebay" series Spider-Man: Reign.  I'm surprised that mini doesn't get more attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
186 posts

It's heating up because people are claiming its "the cover of the decade" and others are jumping on that bandwagon because of its look and 1:100 status.  IMO, it's a decent cover but nothing to rave about when there's been lots of great covers lately with a lot being better than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 posts
3 hours ago, combiner1 said:

Is there any reason why this book is that hot?? A ratio of 1:100 should be just $100 after a week not x7??? First appearance?? Major death?? First artist cover?? First “spider-wang”??? (DC done it why not Marvel)

 

im asking since I passed on this regular book last week.......

It's simply pump and dump by a certain group. And the fact that everyone seems to be calling this book "rare" makes me rethink what the definition of rare is. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,456 posts
2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Actually, the narrative that was being pushed by the usual suspects (and, oddly, even before the book was released) was that it was (going to be) super "rare".  Nevermind that it was available for pre-order weeks in advance and had plenty of them, or that it was going to be a number one issue, or that it would be the official re-naming of a character Marvel is really pushing, or that there were going to be multiple store variants also released to skew the ratio lower than normal than other legit 1:100's with no store variants- this one was going to be "rare". Really, really "rare".  That caused some initial high sales.  Then enter the shillers, a steady stream of  fake buy it nows to create the pre-ordained "buzz" and "voila!". Seasoned dealers and collectors saw this coming a mile away and know exactly what is happening and what will happen.  Now that Ebay has been flooded with dozens of copies over the last couple of days and squelched any talk of "rarity", maybe there will be an attempt to change the narrative to how great the cover is to rationalize all the fishy sales.  Haven't really seen that just yet though..

-J.

I do believe that that is the case with ALL variant covers that have no particular book significance nor "rarity" attributes (recalls or errors). It's always easy to say "that's a hot cover, so that's the reason why". But there are many many "hot" ratio covers that would never get remotely close to silly high prices. 

Its always hype. If it wasn't for hype, half the keys out there wouldn't be where they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,087 posts
28 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I do believe that that is the case with ALL variant covers that have no particular book significance nor "rarity" attributes (recalls or errors). It's always easy to say "that's a hot cover, so that's the reason why". But there are many many "hot" ratio covers that would never get remotely close to silly high prices. 

Its always hype. If it wasn't for hype, half the keys out there wouldn't be where they are.

TRUE

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,761 posts
3 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

It's heating up because people are claiming its "the cover of the decade" and others are jumping on that bandwagon because of its look and 1:100 status.  IMO, it's a decent cover but nothing to rave about when there's been lots of great covers lately with a lot being better than this.

I packaged my Spider-man Reign #1 with Damned #1 when I sold the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
742 posts
3 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I packaged my Spider-man Reign #1 with Damned #1 when I sold the latter.

I see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,626 posts
8 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Actually, the narrative that was being pushed by the usual suspects (and, oddly, even before the book was released) was that it was (going to be) super "rare".  Nevermind that it was available for pre-order weeks in advance and had plenty of them, or that it was going to be a number one issue, or that it would be the official re-naming of a character Marvel is really pushing, or that there were going to be multiple store variants also released to skew the ratio lower than normal than other legit 1:100's with no store variants- this one was going to be "rare". Really, really "rare".  That caused some initial high sales.  Then enter the shillers, a steady stream of  fake buy it nows to create the pre-ordained "buzz" and "voila!". Seasoned dealers and collectors saw this coming a mile away and know exactly what is happening and what will happen.  Now that Ebay has been flooded with dozens of copies over the last couple of days and squelched any talk of "rarity", maybe there will be an attempt to change the narrative to how great the cover is to rationalize all the fishy sales.  Haven't really seen that just yet though..

-J.

Proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257 posts

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service

 

http://collider.com/winter-soldier-falcon-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming/

 

I'm sure this will heat up something up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,626 posts
On 10/29/2018 at 7:42 AM, bababooey said:

His response about working in a comic store was in reference to your points about quantities.  Scroll up and read back if you can't remember what you were talking about. 2c

On 10/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, ygogolak said:

 

 

OP: "Cover is probably the best..."
SB: "That's hype, not fact."

Me: "That's opinion, not fact."

Still waiting for a response about how many store variants there are to skew the numbers.

:popcorn:

 

On 10/30/2018 at 9:42 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Actually, the narrative that was being pushed by the usual suspects (and, oddly, even before the book was released) was that it was (going to be) super "rare".  Nevermind that it was available for pre-order weeks in advance and had plenty of them, or that it was going to be a number one issue, or that it would be the official re-naming of a character Marvel is really pushing, or that there were going to be multiple store variants also released to skew the ratio lower than normal than other legit 1:100's with no store variants- this one was going to be "rare". Really, really "rare".  That caused some initial high sales.  Then enter the shillers, a steady stream of  fake buy it nows to create the pre-ordained "buzz" and "voila!". Seasoned dealers and collectors saw this coming a mile away and know exactly what is happening and what will happen.  Now that Ebay has been flooded with dozens of copies over the last couple of days and squelched any talk of "rarity", maybe there will be an attempt to change the narrative to how great the cover is to rationalize all the fishy sales.  Haven't really seen that just yet though..

-J.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, ygogolak said:

Proof?

:popcorn::popcorn:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,340 posts
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, ygogolak said:

:popcorn:

 

:popcorn::popcorn:

 

How about shill bidder r**a (25) running around shilling up just about every auction for the dozens of copies now available on ebay.  For starters...

-J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
107 107