Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
114 114

50,858 posts in this topic

39 posts
3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Anyone who believes the issue is about getting exact numbers is mistaken. That's never been the issue. The issue is in the repetition of the claim that Diamond and Comichron reports print runs.

Sometimes the numbers reported by Diamond ARE good estimates.

Sometimes they are wildly off.

The problem? We don't know which is which. We don't have the information necessary, because the publishers do not reveal this information. It's not an issue of "you're wrong and I'm right", and never has been. It's an issue of "none of us KNOWS, and anyone claiming otherwise has a responsibility to prove it." 

There is nothing wrong with estimates. Estimates are perfectly fine, provided they acknowledge where they come from and how they were arrived at.

Why does this matter? Because people make financial decisions based on this information, and we owe it to everyone to not repeat misinformation that could lead to people making financial decisions that could hurt them.

PS. Personal commentary about other people is not appropriate. It's completely possible to disagree...even vehemently...without making assumptions, assertions, claims, psychological analyses about others. It would be great if people put some of their writing skills and energy into remembering that, rather than making erroneous assumptions about what others do and have done. Hoping we can be done with this...

:golfclap:

11,667 posts
19 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Why is Last Avengers heating up? 

It was pretty stagnant up to recently. 

The only book that I found in my past travels on a frequent basis. 

Patrick

September 16: Bleeding Cool did an article saying Benji Parker was the main character in the new JJ Abrams Spider-man Comic and that the first appearance was Spider-girl #59.

September 21: Bleeding Cool posted an article saying Last Avengers Story #2 features Benji Parker and predated Spider-Girl #59 by ten years.

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

2,900 posts
On 8/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, showcase4 said:

..... and  I look forward to receiving it  ( I am your buyer ) (thumbsu

Oh wow, I hadn't come back here for a bit so I never saw this post.  I see you left positive feedback so I assume all was good and the book arrived unscathed?  Thanks

2,846 posts

:applause:

40,289 posts

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :headbang:

583 posts

Now there are two threads!

8,444 posts

Thank god it's re-opened.  

I was a tad b-hurt with it locked. 

Patrick

4,037 posts
On 9/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, gradejunky said:

Oh wow, I hadn't come back here for a bit so I never saw this post.  I see you left positive feedback so I assume all was good and the book arrived unscathed?  Thanks

Gradejunky: — You were an A+ eBay seller (thumbsu

3BA75BAF-D61F-45E3-A8CB-10A9AF326DA3.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

40,289 posts
On 9/23/2019 at 8:13 AM, MrWeen said:

Last Avengers Story 2 is heating up...

Indeed! Thanks.  :banana:

110 posts
15 minutes ago, kimik said:

Looks like New Teen Titans Annual #2 could be movin on up if this is true:

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09/30/idris-elba-vigilante-james-gunn-suicide-squad/

When I first started collecting in the mid-‘80s, I thought Vigilante’s costume was the coolest thing I’d ever seen. Now, it’s hilariously bad. I wonder how much of it they’ll incorporate into the film. 

Related question: Is there any precedence for a comic with a first appearance not increase in value much of the movie version if the character is dramatically different, either due to casting or costuming? For instance, if the SS Vigilante is similar in name only, would collectors still gobble up every issue on eBay

Edited by alexanderjk

8,749 posts

Last Avengers Story as in the two-part prestige format written by Peter David? If so, what a deserving book to get some attention. It's a great read but it's been obscure for a while. If you haven't read it, it's very enjoyable. 

6,244 posts
On 9/30/2019 at 4:11 PM, Second Blight said:

like the article says, there are many Vigilante characters. No idea which one Idris is playing.

Arm Fall Off Boy?:roflmao: Is he in the Legion?hm

20,230 posts

Isn't vigilante in green arrow? I know, not idiris. Played by a nobody like most DC tv baddies. Marvel gets award winners for those roles -- Sigourney, dinofrio, Ali, what's her name, David tenet... Dc, not so much.

8,749 posts
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I hated the art on it but liked the story.

Completely agree; I should have said that. The painted look was too murky and hard to follow. Had it been line-drawn by a good penciled/inker duo, it may have not gone under the radar. It made the action hard to follow. But David did tell a great story. His Hawkeye was the best execution of that character I had seen in a long time, maybe ever.