Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
91 91

58,349 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, Juggernaut said:

Amazing Spider-Man FCBD 2007 - 1st Appearance of Sara Ehret (Jackpot)

Amazing Spider-Man #546 - 1st Appearance of Alana Jobson (new Jackpot) 

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #35 - "Death" of Alana Jobson (new Jackpot)

Amazing Spider-Man Presents: Jackpot #3 - Sara Ehret takes the identity of Alana Jobson / Sara Ehret "Alana Jobson" returns as Jackpot 

As Dan likes to say - To The Long Boxes!!

Found a FCBD 2007 and an ASM 546 hiding in there - woohoo!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, littledoom said:

Why Jackpot of all female characters? who let's be honest about.. no one really ever cared about.. I would think Spider-Woman, Hellcat, or even Firestar has a bigger "following" if that even exists

Marc Guggenheim is writing the -script and he is also writing the -script for the Prophet movie.  He's not a good writer. His comic work is average at best, same goes for his Arrow writing.

It's time to sell. Because there's no way these books stay hot for long.

Edited by Second Blight
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bird said:

at $50 a pop you can rent someone to do the lifting

 

At $0 a pop there are lots of boardies here that will help....'funny thing, I didn't see any Spider-Man FCBD issues?!  Are you sure you didn't mean Turok 1s, because there were 1-2 longs of that?'

Edited by spreads
edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, littledoom said:

Why Jackpot of all female characters? who let's be honest about.. no one really ever cared about.. I would think Spider-Woman, Hellcat, or even Firestar has a bigger "following" if that even exists

Because comic readers are a tiny portion of the movie market, so they're going to develop a character they think they can make an interesting movie with, rather than one that that tiny percentage is more likely to recognize.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bird said:

at $50 a pop you can rent someone to do the lifting

 

Yeah if I had 200 issues I am cutting my foot off and putting a wooden peg on. Very least would be willing to hobble around on crutches while someone loads them up. I would like to make 10 grand but my little foot hurts. This memorial day weekend I am thankful we didn't have to depend on this guy to take the beaches of Normandy or cross the Delaware river in the frigid cold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Because comic readers are a tiny portion of the movie market, so they're going to develop a character they think they can make an interesting movie with, rather than one that that tiny percentage is more likely to recognize.

Wish more studies would do this. Dont need to see Stallone play same characters he was 40 years ago. Fast furious 17. Remakes of old tv shows movies. But a lot of the time new characters concepts fail unless its Disney. Either way if movie does get made I can see the puns already. Sony hits the "jackpot" at the box office. Or failed to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped in to see the latest hot book but just more people reporting on jackpot. I seen a couple Howard the duck 1 go for a bit more than the usual. Nothing too exciting. Seems anything that has been specced on in the last few years is selling well. Without new books, cons and stores closed, and extra $ people gotta spend it on something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FCBD is hot huh? I posted this in the Adventures in the $1 Box thread last year. Now I just have to find them in the 100+ (actually have 200+ out there but I know it's not in the 106 I just bought a few weeks ago!) longs in the garage...

 

 

EA9DC738-B813-4543-A1FC-A139D6A824DE.thumb.jpeg.3a8f1f7082a80f1d00681d82070e401c.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

FCBD is hot huh? I posted this in the Adventures in the $1 Box thread last year. Now I just have to find them in the 100+ (actually have 200+ out there but I know it's not in the 106 I just bought a few weeks ago!) longs in the garage...

 

 

EA9DC738-B813-4543-A1FC-A139D6A824DE.thumb.jpeg.3a8f1f7082a80f1d00681d82070e401c.jpeg

those DC Marvel crossovers are undervalued imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

FCBD is hot huh? I posted this in the Adventures in the $1 Box thread last year. Now I just have to find them in the 100+ (actually have 200+ out there but I know it's not in the 106 I just bought a few weeks ago!) longs in the garage...

 

 

EA9DC738-B813-4543-A1FC-A139D6A824DE.thumb.jpeg.3a8f1f7082a80f1d00681d82070e401c.jpeg

I personally wouldn't drop $50 on it. More power to you though lol This book is super common as @Aweandlorder said he has a ton as well. I would flip quick because saturation is here, and price drops are sure to follow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I personally wouldn't drop $50 on it. More power to you though lol This book is super common as @Aweandlorder said he has a ton as well. I would flip quick because saturation is here, and price drops are sure to follow. 

Yup this book is common as dirt. I started listing the ones I have at home already but in no way am I going through my boxes to get more anytime soon. I honestly thought this won’t last long but seems like it’s still selling. Hey I ain’t complaining

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I personally wouldn't drop $50 on it. More power to you though lol This book is super common as @Aweandlorder said he has a ton as well. I would flip quick because saturation is here, and price drops are sure to follow. 

Everything hot cools down

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
91 91